Anyone out there who filed 485 in 2004 still waiting for name check results?

Name check and finger prints are not related. They are two independent things. I have done FPs twice, the status at one point said "results of your FPs were received", but I am still stuck in the name check

Priority Date: 10/2001, EB2, Current as of March 2006
I-485 Notice date: 01/2004
2 FPs
3 EAD cards
3 Advance Paroles
Name check not cleared as of Feb. 2006

Following your advice, I sent an email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov and I got a reply within 2 weeks. It said:
"The fbi name check and fingerprints have cleared as of today."

Thanks to you prey4gc!

Are there more checks involved? Even though fingerprints have cleared, I would assume they have to do it again in future after the current ones expire. Right?

Thx!

prey4gc said:
USCIS generally send your name for name check shortly after the application is filed. You can write to the I485 email address posted earlier to find out if they have started. FBI does not respond to emails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Krishna,
I saw the same question in a previous posting in the thread about contents of the email ..but I didn't post my email contents because I was shy as my email was too simple :) Anyways here is the email:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,
I am the primary beneficiary on an Employment based Adjustment of status
(I485) application with Receipt number: <LIN Number>. This has been
filed at NSC with Received Date: <RD>. Can you please let
me know if background checks (including Name check) have been initiated
on my application and if you have heard back on it?
<Signature>

I am sure you can draft the email much better than what it says above.

Here is the reply:

The fbi name check and fingerprints have cleared as of today. The I-485
is located with the Nebraska Service Center. You will have to contact them directly concerning any other questions you may have concerning your case. We have no jurisdiction over your case at this time.

M. Bueno

Hope this helps

krishna09 said:
Grandipal,
Can you please tell me what did you put (details) in the email to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov

Krishna

Grandhipal said:
Hi Krishna,
I saw the same question in a previous posting in the thread about contents of the email ..but I didn't post my email contents because I was shy as my email was too simple :) Anyways here is the email:
Dear Sir,
I am the primary beneficiary on an Employment based Adjustment of status
(I485) application with Receipt number: <LIN Number>. This has been
filed at NSC with Received Date: <RD>. Can you please let
me know if background checks (including Name check) have been initiated
on my application and if you have heard back on it?
<Signature>

I am sure you can draft the email much better than what it says above.

Here is the reply:

The fbi name check and fingerprints have cleared as of today. The I-485
is located with the Nebraska Service Center. You will have to contact them directly concerning any other questions you may have concerning your case. We have no jurisdiction over your case at this time.

M. Bueno

Hope this helps

Hello Grandhipal,

Did you send an e-mail to CSC regarding your NSC 485 case? And they replied... Is this correct? Thanks.

Yes, that's right. Aint it interesting? :)
I asked the same question before on this thread and prey4gc replied back saying I try the same email address. I did that and it worked. I was too lazy to dig up the number for NSC (like it is XII for CSC) and try the interpolated email address.

tv1 said:
Hello Grandhipal,

Did you send an e-mail to CSC regarding your NSC 485 case? And they replied... Is this correct? Thanks.

Reply from CSC for Name check status

Hi,

I received the following message from CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov when I enquired about the
name check status for my spouse.

-------
Your case, along with your spouse (principal applicant), are scheduled for the fingerprint appointment at the USCIS San Jose office on XXXXXXX at XXX PM. Unfortunately, you must be re-fingerprinted because your previous prints expired. The appointment notices will be mailed out shortly. Thank you.

Officer R. Cruz
California Service Center
Congressional & Customer Service Relations
Division XII
-------

Does this mean that the name check has been cleared. We had our fingerprints taken in Jan'05 and I am assuming they have expired now.

But in Oct '05 we completed a Biometrics Code 2 appt. (which also included finger printing). Is biometrics a seperate procedure from the regular finger printing.

My I-485 ND 12/14/04: Status name check pending.

Thanks