Anyone out there who filed 485 in 2004 still waiting for name check results?

hope_Nov

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer received the reply from CSC that both my name and my wife's name are pending FBI name check. I guess I have to sit still and wait then.

PD: 11/2001
485 RD: 7/2004

Oh, many from 2004 got stuck in NC, my case is very similar to yours.
PD: 11/2001
485 RD: 11/2004

I am still waiting for the name check results.

I sent an email enquiry on March 17 th 2006, got the following reply on April 6TH 2006.

MY PD is 12/2001
I-485 RD is March - 2004
EB2 -RIR - India.

--- SSRK

"Unfortunately, the principal applicant’s background security check has not yet cleared by the FBI as of this date. We regret to inform you that until the result is received the USCIS must suspend further processing on this case as well as the dependents. Thank you for your continued patience with this process.

Officer R. Cruz

California Service Center

Congressional & Customer Service Relations

Division XII

Nowadays, even congressmen or senators are not willing to help or can not help. This is really frustrating.

Other avenues to resolve the backlog

I am in the same boat as many of you.
485 Notice Date is April 2004
Priority Date is April 2001
I am wondering if there are other avenues like the media to point out the quite unreasonable timeframes of processing.

Yes, I am a 2004 filer and stuck in name check too.
Category: EB2
Priority date: Oct. 2001
I-485 Filed in: Jan. 2004

me too.

filed 485 April 2004 and have been stuck in Name check ever since.

Had seen PD current, no longer current, and become current again.

Now the only route to take is to file civil lawsuit

Same here

My I-485 was filed Dec 2004...still waaaaaaiting. My priority date has been current for the last couple of months. Haven't yet seeked the help of local congress man or senator. Wonder if that would be of any use at all. Highly frustrating...

Can anything be done about this.

Don't know if "name check" and "background check" are the same thing (many different answers to this simple question on this forum). If they're same, then count me in: My wife's 485 (June 2004) has been stuck in "background check" for quite a while, even though she has completed her AOS interview.

Name check waiting

Iam also stuck in the name check
PD: 12/2001
EB3, CSA
485: 10/2004

This may be a dumb question. Can some one can tell me if there will be a problem when I apply for a late tax filing with the green card process

Madison04 said:
Don't know if "name check" and "background check" are the same thing (many different answers to this simple question on this forum). If they're same, then count me in: My wife's 485 (June 2004) has been stuck in "background check" for quite a while, even though she has completed her AOS interview.

Name check is part of the background check process. There are three things they check for an I485 applicant: a) FP check, b) name check, c) I can't remember the exact name of the third but it has to do with border control. Usually a takes 24 hours, and c is generally no problem if you have your I140, I765 or I131 approved already, as only c is required for those three applications. It is b that many people are stuck with.

You can google it and find the exact term of c.

me too.

filed 485 in Nov 2004 and have been stuck in Name check ever since.

What is the Email address where you send the EMAIL

What is the Email address where you send the EMAIL to enquire about the status of name check. I dont know about my status and would like to know. :confused:

I-485 RD: 04/08/2004.

Stuck in Name Check ever since. Got the reply from Mr. Bueno and Mr. Williams in the last 6 months about the Name Check being pending !!! ( sent e-mail to CSC-XII.485@dhs.gov)

Got my 3rd EAD in mail yesteday. I do not have a clue on what to do now and achieve some mental peace.

Good luck to all who are stuck in this name check cycle. I am sure the end is soon and very soon we will all get our GCs.

Thanks,
Waiting_4GC

NSC email address for Name check?

Would any one know the email address that I should be corresponding at to find out Name chack progress on my application that is filed at NSC?
I didn't get any email or status update from USCIS about my name check. I don't even know if any of those background checks have been initiated on my application. My PD is May 2002 (India) in EB3, 485 RD: 12/2004. Due to retrogression I will have to wait a long time for dates/visa numbers. But at least if some processing is started meanwhile, that would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
USCIS generally send your name for name check shortly after the application is filed. You can write to the I485 email address posted earlier to find out if they have started. FBI does not respond to emails.

Filed in Feb 2004... Still pending for namecheck. Rest of family got approved on Feb 2005. Tried contacting congressman. Was of no use. He just placed an enquiry with VSC and nothing else. VSC told him the same thing that it's been telling me since last 1 year. That is, case cannot be adjuncted since it is pending in FBI name check.

Name check cleared yesterday

Today i got mail from CSC XII (Officer oliveres) saying that yesterday they received name check from FBI. I hope its true... He replied back to an email to which he already replied back couple of days ago. So nice of him.

Actually last month i mailed my locate Senate about this and they said they will mail FBI regd my case. The congress woman's office said..they cannot expedite the case.. but many times the approval notice which is sent to USCIS through mail is lost in transit and in such cases FBI will resend the approval notice (only when they are enquired about it and USCIS does not enquire about it)

Wierd part is i did not get a LUD change till now... just the mail from CSC...

That what I did,

wildthing said:
me too.

filed 485 April 2004 and have been stuck in Name check ever since.

Now the only route to take is to file civil lawsuit

Hello all,

Mine was not in 2003 but longer and I wait and wait. Note to everyone that said you were informed by the USCIS officers that your name check is pending. Have no intnetion to scare you but please do not let my sad expereince become your. After my interview in May,2004 and I was inforem that my name check was pending. As many of you I wait and do everything I can think of staart from local Congressman,and then Seneterfor a year and then finally tried to cantact The FBI directly and the respond was that the FBI did not receive the request for my name check from the USCIS. Yes I have this in writting. you can imegin the rest.

The last thing I want to do is go court and in this situation the last thing I can do after years of waitting is to take this matter to the court and I did on Mach 2006. Fianlly!!
If this approach sound like something you might considered this link is the huge help, to me anyway:http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681

Best for everyone,~C

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not know whether its stuck in name check

Filed 485 in Nov 04, got EAD and 140 in mar 05 but did not receive FP notice until July 05. Inbetween my lawyer sent an email to enquire abt the same and the response indicated that it was stuck in name check.

Lawyer's assistant says that it was stuck in name check and then we received FP notice that means probably name check is over.. and give it some more time before initiating another query.

Currently PD is not current due to retrogrssion. I am going to ask my lawyer to at least find out the status on name check.