Anyone older then 26 - asked for Selective Service letter at the interview?

BigDave

What did you write for "List all Statuses".

your testing my memory now ;)

i 'think' it was something like this,

Date you entered the United States for the first time:x/x/x (date i 1st came to the us on visa waiver)

INS status at time of entry:tourist
List all alien status(es) held since entering the
country, and give dates: (attach separate sheet if necessary)
___X____ to ___present____ USCIS Status: ___________permanent resident__________________________

where X = the day i arrived in US on my k-1 visa.

Sss

Here is something Interesting.

On the I-485 (current version page 4) it says that if USCIS accepts your application, they will automatically register you with SSS.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Problem is, I do not know how long this has been in effect or if it recently included in revisions.

SELECTIVE SERVICE REGISTRATION. The following applies to you if you are a male at least 18 years old, but not yet 26 years old, who is required to register with the Selective Service System: "I understand that my filing this adjustment of status application with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services authorizes USCIS to provide certain registration information to the Selective Service System in accordance with the Military Selective Service Act. Upon USCIS acceptance of my application, I authorize USCIS to transmit to the Selective Service System my name, current address, Social Security Number, date of birth and the date I filed the application for the purpose of recording my Selective Service registration as of the filing date. If, however, USCIS does not accept my application, I further understand that, if so required, I am responsible for registering with the Selective Service by other means, provided I have not yet reached age 26."

So, Who wants to shed some light on this?

Here is something Interesting.

On the I-485 (current version page 4) it says that if USCIS accepts your application, they will automatically register you with SSS.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Problem is, I do not know how long this has been in effect or if it recently included in revisions.

So, Who wants to shed some light on this?

The new form with the automatic selective service registration has been in effect since early 2000.

lol....wow!!

so, should one be able to get their SSS info online? If no, how does one get this info.

You can either call the SSC at 1-847-688-6888 or 1-847-688-2576 or mail them to request your selective service registration information letter.

I entered the US as legal non immigrant alien back in the 90s..
I stayed in a legal status untill i was over 26 and then left the USA..
I got my green card when I was 31 years old.
My IL mentions Selective Service although it does not apply to me.
So, I contaced my school. They sent me a letter proving I was a full time student during the years I was in the USA in the 90s.
I sent a copy of this letter to the SSS administration and requested a status letter in case.
However, I am taking my original school letter to the interview just in case.

Nothinng to worry about

I entered the US as legal non immigrant alien back in the 90s..
I stayed in a legal status untill i was over 26 and then left the USA..
I got my green card when I was 31 years old.
My IL mentions Selective Service although it does not apply to me.
So, I contaced my school. They sent me a letter proving I was a full time student during the years I was in the USA in the 90s.
I sent a copy of this letter to the SSS administration and requested a status letter in case.
However, I am taking my original school letter to the interview just in case.

I had my interview a couple of weeks ago; and received my oath letter for March 28 in Cleveland Ohio. My Interview letter mentioned Selective Service in the list of evidence that should be brought to interview. I did not bring any evidence of SS as I was over the age of 26 when I obtained my GC. At the end of the interview I asked the interviewing officer about the SS letter mentioned in the interview notice; he stated that if one has been in the US (ie: on F1 visa), then the system automatically adds SS letter to the required interview documents. I would not worry about it.

I have received my IL yesterday and they have listed SS Letter

Hello,

I received my IL yesterday and it does list the Selective Services Letter, even though I came to the US after 26th birthday. I first came to the US in March 1990, that was 2 months after my 26th birthday. Since my IL stated that I should bring it; I am worried about it. The problem is I do not have any evidence of my entry to the US in 1990. The PP I had was lost, no I94either. I came in on F1. Now how can I obtain a letter from SS? I received my GC in 2002 when I was in Canada.

Is there any way I can obtain a SS letter in my situation?

Thanks