Anyone has experience getting advance parole directly at local INS office?

Rajiv S. Khanna

HOST, Immigration.Com
Staff member
I need to get advance parole, but my lawyer told me that if I send my application to VSC it may take two months. He told me that I can go to Newark INS office directly and get it in one day. Has anyone done this before? If so can you post your experience here?

No Title

How far is the broad street office from Newark Penn Station? What is the earliest time to be there in order to get in?

I am not sure if you can get AP by just walking in....

but you can atleast try and explain your situation......

Newark office is pretty close by (just 5 mins walk) from Newark Penn Station....I went there one Saturday and by 7.30 there was a queue of atleast 15-20 people in front of me....but once the office opens at 8.00 the line moves pretty quickly...so you should be okay....

take care...best of luck....

You need to provide the proof

why you shoud get the AP by walk-in. If you can proove your situation, there won\'t be any problem for them to issue AP by walk-in

I got mine that way

I got mine from Philli office, download the form from INS website, fill it, write the check for $90 that was the old fee, it might have changed, Take three photographs, the form says two, but they need three, your I-485 Reciept original, a letter writing why you need AP, ( like I need to visit my home country in two months , passport with valid I-94 and walk-into the office.
it worked for philli, might work for newark

No Title

Shah_india,

Can you post your experience here? What time did you get there? How to get to the broad street office from penn station?
Was there a separate queue for AP or is it one single queue fro all applications.
How long did it take?

My lawyer gave me the forms for the AP application. He also gave me the I-140 approval notices and told me that this is all I need.

Me and my wife need to go to india urgently because my wife\'s mom is very sick.

What happens to my EAD when I return back? Will it be still valid or do i need to get a new ead?

thanks guys.

No Title

485ND0921,

I know that the commerce street office is close to penn station (5 min walk). I need to go to the broad street office. Is it also the same distance? What is the easiest way to get there? Is it safe to walk with my wife in that area at 6:30 AM in the morning?

Thanks

Info about getting AP from Newark

How did I get there ?
Took a cab from Newark Penn stations. Charge: 5 bucks

Time reachesd:
- About 7:15. Stood in line for people with no appointment.
- was able to join one more line in a the bldg. waited for 30 minutes.
- have a photo id ( important )
- did security check
- went into newark ins window.
- you can get AP only if you travel time is less then 3 weeks. otherwise they will reject it. It happened to me. I changed the dates in front of the clerk. she took it.
- She checked the form, affidavit which needs to be notarised.
- told to go to a particular floor and room #.
- She did not tell me to pay the money. I found out later that you need to pay the money first. same floor another room.
- give your papers to the clerk (probably 3rd/4th floor)

Total time taken: 7 hours

Make sure:
you have all your passport and visas
all I-797 notices
I-140 notice copies
I-485 notice copies
EAD copies

Hope that helps:

But I have a question

What status do you have know ? H1 ...

No Title

Dear Shah, Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it very much.

I have an EAD (my second EAD) now. I will be applying for my 3rd EAD soon. Waiting for 485 approval. My notice date is Sep 2000. Have been waiting for the past 18 months for 485 approval.

My lawyer told me that only two photos and copy of 140 notice is required along with the application form. I guess he was wrong.

What kind of notarized affidavit do I need?

What is I-797? Is it the H-1 notices that I had before my EAD.

Answers

I-797 are the H1 approval notices. .

INS will check it to make sure you are in status through out your stay in US.

I am attaching a copy of Affidavit. Hope that helps. You can also check with your lawyer.

Also the info I gave was what I went thru. It is not necessary that INS will ask you the same info or some different info.

But all the best.

Ap

If I am applying for AP through a lawyer not going personally to the INS office then also I need to give a notarized affadavit
Thanks
TG

AP

Thanks Shah, In this affadavit which you have enclosed, dates of travel are not mentioned so do we have to mention the travel date as
in some posting I saw that they will issue AP only if travel date is
3 week from the date you are applying
Thanks
TG

You need to mention the dates in AP form ..

You should ask for multi entry AP in your AP form.

You need to mention the Date of intended travel in AP form.

So your choice if you want to mention in the Affidavit.

I did not mention it.

AP

But if Ill mention the dates now, dont you think they will deny my application as right now I am not going to travel.
Thanks
TG

I got the AP in ...

second week of Jan 2002 but I have still not been able to go.

Your choice ... just go before 3 weeks when you decide to go

No use to get AP know if you are going after 6 months