Anyone got oath letter lately?

Isn't it mean the oath notice already posted?

:) The following is the result of searching the status from Bcis.Isn't it mean the oath notice already posted?

Case Status
Receipt Number:

Application Type: ,

Current Status:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the BCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the service center where you submitted your application.

Vermont Service Center (802) 527-4913
Nebraska Service Center (402) 323-7830
California Service Center (949) 831-8427
Texas Service Center (214) 381-1423
Missouri Service Center (816) 251-1824

* The projected processing time frame can be found on the notice you most recently received from the BCIS.

dallas oath letter time

Originally posted by takealook
Congratulations, durgum. It is really hard for you for the past 2 years. Wish you could get wife here asap.

here is timeline for a friend:

PD: 08/02
FP: 09/02
Interview: 12/02
Oath: 04/03

There were 90 people at oath, of which 10 were kicked out mostly due to traffic ticket happened after interview and not settled before oath.

No line at passport office.

Durgum: thanks for the post. It offers me some hope as the dates for myself are all the same except for the interview date.
Mine was dec 10 02.

Can you ask your friend when he recd the oath letter for the april ceremony? i still have not recd mine yet.

BCIS told me when i went in person that i have been scheduled for oath having cleared all the background checking and finger printing but beyond that they were elusive.

any news from EMC? he has been quiet for a while... met with success at the oath ceremony without the letter?

itoo

6-8 months

BCIS official told me that to get the oath letter it will take 6-8 months

How come NEW JERSEY district BCIS office still takes the Interview & Oath ceremony in Same day ( according to ikazmi, he got his Interview & oath ceemony on same day on April 30, 2003 at NJ )?

Rest of the district offices.........what are they doing?

itoo: hi, just saw your post. i was on vacation earlier and not got into this web for a while.

i got oath letter on 3/26 and oathed on 4/17. actually i have already got passport. sorry not tell everyone.

i have the same timeline as yours. actually i guess I interviewed on the day as yours. no magic. congressman's office does not provide any help. they even did not take down my name at all. How about desi_1? is he doing good? i know a person in Dallas interviewed on 1/10 and still waiting for oath letter.

thanks everyone for the help. wish everyone success.

fort worth had a 400-person ceremony two weeks ago on the news paper.

Congratulations !!! emc1234

Congratulations !!!!!!!

Did you get any help form any Lawmaker?

Or you got the oath letter just a gegular way?

After Interview, did you ever visit the BCIS office?

Thank you for your response

N-400 filing time

Hi,

Does anyone know how strict they are in the interview when they ask you questions on your filing time? I filed N-400 3 months instead of 90 days before my 5 yrs residence anniversary.

Thanks!

lilysh < you question is not clear

I wanna make it clear. The rule is :

One person can apply for N-400 after 4 years and 9 months.

It means that you can apply after 276 days on "continuous residency"

Hi, Maria,

>>Congratulations !!!!!!!
Thank you very much.

>>Did you get any help form any Lawmaker?
No, I have been there twice and i have never given them name or case number. They just threw me out.

>>Or you got the oath letter just a gegular way?
Yes, it is in a regular way. nothing special. I guess I got a little luck this time. I could apply 2 months early. If I did, I should not have this second security check. it only took 4-5 months in Dallas for everyone before last Dec.

>>After Interview, did you ever visit the BCIS office?
yes, once. they told me i was scheduled for oath and gave me the date and location. see my earlier post.

>>Thank you for your response
good luck.

As BCIS is so careless it is bettre to wait let us say 1 week or two after 4 yrs and 9 months (270/271/whatever with a difference of a few days) and then mail the n400 application. Afterall what is 15 days when compared to a year of processing time the n400 takes (on average and sometimes even a lot longer).

I wholeheartedly agree with JoeF and Durgum. It's always better to err on the side of caution when dealing with BCIS.

Filing time

Hi,

Thanks for the information, I sent my N-400 out last year, there is no way I can correct it. I am wondering whether the filing date is the date I put on my N-400 or the priority date.

Lily

Still waiting

It is more than 4 months ....still waiting for Oath letter.

I am in NY City area............

any comment?

Maria

I waited for 14 months . As soon as I contacted my senators (3) I got my aoth scheduled in less than a week.

Go contact your senators 4 months is a long time for a oath. Most people get oath done in less than 2 months after the interview.

If the oath has a problem in the least probability there is nothing any body can do about that eventuality. But after the interview is done that is next to impossible in my opinion. BCIS is a weird organization.It need a lot of PUSHING to get the things especially the oath done SOMETIMES unfortunately.

???

Hi durgum,

Thank you for your quick response.

I contacted to Congressman. The Congressman office staff told me that she sent a "congressional inquiry" letter to the BCIS regarding my case. It is almost 3 weeks going . I called the Congressman office, she told me that when their office will get response from BCIS, then she will let me know.

What is your advice........what should I do now?

Maria

I just faxed my case details to 3 congressman of my area and one of them took a lot of interest(Richard Baker) and scheduled my oath. I never went in person to them at all. One senator (name withheld) was kinda careless didnt show interest at all.The third was never even required.

GO TO this site

http://congress.org/congressorg/dbq/officials/

Enter your zip and you will get all the senators/congressman in your area.Contact all of them through phone ,fax your case details and FOLLOW UP as many times as it takes.

Some of the friends from this forum suggested doing this a long time ago but I was kinda scared BUT now I believe that BCIS is just CARELESS needs a lot of pushing.

If I were you I'd EVEN contact the GOVERNOR of your state to schedule my oath.

My case details are as follows.....

This is what happenned in my case, During the interview I opted for RAM instead VENKATARAMANA that was on my GC as my nick name in USA had become RAM. The officer thought that I was asking for a name change and that resulted in delay.As BCIS(INS) is sooooo indisiplined they never could find the real reason. Then agter more than a year of waiting I had to call all the senators/congressmen in area and force them to pull up my file and probe for the real reason for the extreme delay for scheduling my oath ceremony. One senators took a lot of interest and that helped me a lot.

If there a delay of more than a few months for the oath then I'd write /contact all the senators/congressmen in area immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maria,
There has been an article in the NY Times several month ago. It said that the NY INS office is unable to process Oath applications due to the change in law. The new law requires now that all applications are checked after the interview against the IBIS system (a system which links almost all government agencies). The NY office has no IBIS terminals and the stuff needs to be trained. They expect to receive the IBIS terminals soon and several staff members from the centrol office for training. This resultated in the stop of outh ceremonies for about 2 month. However, this was reported in the beginning of the year. I only can assume they are still a little bit backlogged. As well, I read on the Internet reports that the IBIS system does report things like parking tickets. To avoid any problems, all parking tickets should be paid prior to the IBIS check. Nevertheless, contact Schumer and Clinton our Senators. I live in NYC.

My experience shows that BCIS is WEIRD sometime VERY CARELESS. I just told the officer during the interview That I want to be called by by nick name and HE assummed that I was wanting a LEGAL name change . Why would I want a legal name change that too at ther BCIS?The name change oath are supposed to be scheduled ONLY in the PRESENCE of a judge and in OUR HOME TOWN NOT at the BCISregional centre.and those ceremonies are very far and few and always are full.

If the officer had been courteous enough to INFORM me about that kind of situation I ' have saved more than a year.

I feel that YOU cannot lie and about any thing especially traffic violations/dui/dwi and that stuff as the FPS /checks will MOST probably REVEAL those things.

Also if all second back ground checks are made after the interview they shouldnt take more than 2-3 months ATMOST.

I noticed that people who COULD NOT speak english were getting oath done sometimes on the day of the interview and I was told many were taking MUCH less than a year for the whole process. That means BCIS is really weird.It needs alot of pushing .

A month or two difference is okay but 4 months is way too much.

ANY IDEA ABOUT N-400 INTERVIEW AND OATH?

What a hopeless department is INS or BCIS or whatever.
I have never seen such a bogus department in U.S.

My receipt date for N-400 is: 09/09/02.
Fingureprinting on: 11/22/02
Waiting for interview.

I called to Nebraska Service center. It took 3 hours to get the connection. The yawning lady told me that my Fingureprint processing has been done. But, My file is not in the queue.
Should chicago request the file from them in order to process the case? What is this queue? how does this whole process work?
Why it's faster for some people and slower for others? Why they are not providing simple customer service? BCIS told me that whoever lives in area code 60133, processing time is 8 months. I told the same thing at Nebraska center. They told me that BCIS doesn't know the s..t !!!!! Could anybody answer if they know about this.

Thanks,
ketpin