• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Anyone from Romania?

to dianac

how long since you sent the file until you received the first notice? Did you wrote something on the envelope like DV lottery? so they will know where it goes?

Salut Romania!

Hi my friends!
I'm a DV2006 winner from Cluj, Romania. My visa number was current in February. I've sent the AOS to Chicago on February 6, 2006. I got the NOA for I-485 and I-765 on February 10, 2006.
Now all I have to do is to wait, I think. Am I right?
What's the next step?
Thanks a lot!
Good luck to everybody!

MULTA BAFTA!!!

Is anybody there from Atlanta? If not, may I ask you what's the city do you guys live in?

Thanks si Bafta!

I live in Livonia, close to Detroit.
I changed from AOS to CP. I had interview in Jan 30 in Montreal. I got the green cards in mail in Feb 27.
Alincosma, when I wanted to do AOS we called and ask where to send all the forms and they said to put everything in one envelope and send to USCIS and write on the envelope Diversity visa or something similar. But when I read the instructions if I remember well, they were supposed to be sent to different addreses (I-485 one place, Work permit to another, etc). After the bed experience I had with the labor certification, slow, and they almost lost my files, I had to put the lawyers to call them all the time until they found my file, I decided I don't have patience anymore. But for your number it's enough time, just wait and everything will be fine.

Salut!

Alicosma, I think we are on the same page.
Who's supposed to send the Work Permit: Chicago or my local office?

Thanks si Bafta!

Feb 03 2006 Filed for AOS Chicago
Feb 10 2006 First notice (NOA for I-485 and I-785)
Wainting for FP and Biometrix appointment

I don't really understand what you meant by that but when I got the EAD for OPT it was sent from Nebraska so now I don't know.
good luck to you all
EU5XXX
I live in Westland and I go to school in Livonia so we're close. I was thinking about CP but my visa expired in January and now I'm on OPT for one year and planning to transfer at Eastern next year. I chose AOS because evrybody I talk to said is the best option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alincosma, I work in Dearborn and every day I drive on Cherry Hills and Newburg, in my way home. And I live on that street where Eastern is (the main office, close to 275; I hope is Eastern and not Western, I don't pay much atention). I have a daughter at UMD and my son will start the same in automn. Probably they are close to your age. If you need any help let me know. With the paper I can't tell you too much, but if you started already means your number was small enough; slower or not, you will your visa in a few months.

to eu5xxx
you said, you switched from aos to cp and had your interview in montreal. i'm a bit confused. are you from canada, or romania 'couse i thought that cp is done in the country you originally come from, isn't it?
also, did you switched to cp before you filed i-485 or after?
thank you,
greg_dv2006

Hi, I am from Brasov.
I received the first notice on Febr 16th and I am waiting for the second one.

afraid

Second Notice

Salut!

On March 10th, 2006 I received the Second Notice - the FP & Biometrics Appointment letter for March 31st, 2006.
I think they are moving pretty slow. Do you have the same feelling or is just me becoming out of patience?
How long do you think will take to have the interviu after the FP & Biometrics are done? Is this up to my local office? Can I check somewhere the time frame for it?

Thanks & good luck to all of you! :)
Mar 10, 2006 - Second Notice
Mar 31, 2006 - FB & Biometrix appointment

EU5XXX
Thank you very much for your support. My number is current in April, so I hope everythig will be alright.

vlamon
Good luck from now on to. I think the only way you can check is after the FP at your local office through an info pass.

Hi alicosma,

Have you received your second notice yet?
I had my info pass scheduled to find out the processing times for DV winners in the local office, but in the meantime I got my third notice with the interview date scheduled in mid April. So I cancelled my info pass.
But the good news is that they definitely proccess DV AOS cases faster than the regular (family or employment based) ones. So I believe you're gona be fine.

Good luck to all of us :)

greg_dv2006