Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

What should I do ?

Got the FP notice today for Nov 27.

Hello Tennis_court,

I have received FP notice today for both me & my son for Nov 21st. By when we can expect GC?

I have received my EAD card on 11/5/7. But nothing for my son yet. Where should I call What should I do ?

I-765 (me) filed 8/7/7..card production 10/26/7..mailed 11/2/7..rcvd 11/5/7
I-765 (my son) filed 8/7/7..card production 10/26/7 ?????????
FP apointment for me and my son 11/21/7..received notice 11/13/7

Thank you for the response GrC2005. But what do you mean by visa numbers got assigned. Isn't 485 meant to be for the Green Card and not a visa... So, what is meant by having a visa number. Is it a number that we would know from USCIS... if so when? Can you please clarify.
Again, pardon my ignorance..

Thanks,

The availability of visa numbers for green card are released in the visa bulletin every month. The one for Dec should be coming shortly this week.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Fax Number for TSC

Hi,

I sent fax to TSC on 10/29 to expedite my AP but nothing happend. I spoke ti Customer service representative on 11/5 and requested once again. She said she is raising request and it may take couple of days. Need to go to India very badly in the second week but no news about AP. Current stamping in passport has expired even though has extention paper physically. Don't know waht to do. Already return ticket in October since it was valid for 6 months. Can any one suggest anything?

May I have the fax number for TSC. I need to send a follow-up letter for my sons EAD which I never received.

Hi Guys,

today i called USCIS regarding my wife's EAD. We have not received actual EAD Card after receiving EAD approval notice. So i called USCIS today as it is 30 days. They have logged Service Request. Does this SR help expedite situation? They said to call back after 45 days if you dont hear from them.

does any body in the same situation?

thanks

Hello Tennis_court,

I have received FP notice today for both me & my son for Nov 21st. By when we can expect GC?

I have received my EAD card on 11/5/7. But nothing for my son yet. Where should I call What should I do ?

I-765 (me) filed 8/7/7..card production 10/26/7..mailed 11/2/7..rcvd 11/5/7
I-765 (my son) filed 8/7/7..card production 10/26/7 ?????????
FP apointment for me and my son 11/21/7..received notice 11/13/7

hi lonely5,

I think it's a bit soon to predict when you will receive the GC just based on the FP appointment. The prediction should take into consideration what EB category you are in (EB1,2,3), what is the priority date, what is the chargeability (i.e. ROW - rest of world, India, China, Philipines, because they have different cut off dates now). The prediction might be more accurate if you provide the information described above. However, even the prediction can be totaly off because USCIS is known to not respect a FIFO processing so all you can get is a best guess.

Hope it will help you.

We got al our EADs, APs and also FPs.

I am curious to know if you could access your receipt notices for I-131 and for I-485 online right away or after a while. I still cannot access these two after almost one month of receiving the receipts. It says it cannot find them in the database.

Also, looking at your signature and transposing the received date to mine, I should get the AP tomorrow. However, considering the difference between the EAD and AP, I should've received the AP last week. I am guessing that the AP is processed by different departments from the EAD so that is why it is probably not safe to tie them together in any meaningful way. I did not send the medical exam within the same package as I could not get it done fast enough but I sent the envelope to the attorney which said they will send it after receiving the receipts. I can double check with them if they sent it or not but I think they did as they pretty good. Anyway, I was wondering if that has anything to do with not receiving the AP sooner. Do you know if I will get an RFI for this or RFE or none? It would suck to get an RFI as it's already 90 days today since I filed the application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ap??

Hope it will help you.

We got al our EADs, APs and also FPs.

Congrats. I filed on Aug 8th and my AP shows approved on Oct 30 and mailed out. I am yet to receive it. I have to go to India next week . My visa stamp has expired although I have extension till Feb 2008.I called TSC and they said its mailed out so cant be expedited so wait for 30 days. This is driving me insane. IS there a way I can get my AP on time.

140/485/EAD/AP-RD 8/8/2007
ND 10/4/2007
EAD AD 10/12/2007 RD 10/19/2007
AP AD 10/30/2007 RD ??????:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hi Guys,

today i called USCIS regarding my wife's EAD. We have not received actual EAD Card after receiving EAD approval notice. So i called USCIS today as it is 30 days. They have logged Service Request. Does this SR help expedite situation? They said to call back after 45 days if you dont hear from them.

does any body in the same situation?

thanks

I have not received my son's EAD. Card production oredered on Oct 26th, Approved Nov 3. Mine was also on the same day and I received Nov 5th. Nothing for my son yet.
My lawyer has wrote a letter on 11/14/7 about it to TSC.
I called NSC but they won;t do anything until 30 days passed.

Me and my family went for FP on 12 OCT and we received our EAD's on 15 OCT. We had simultaneosly applied for AP also. My file date is 12 SEP and receipt date is 02 AUG. How long does it take to receive the AP.

After receiving my EAD do I have to go to the Social Security Office to update my file? and also after how many days can I change my employer. Someone told me 90 days after we receive the labor approval and another said 90 days after filing for I-485.

Can someone enlighten me on these issues.

Thanks.

sampath

FP in Transfer Notice case

It seems that for the people who have the following scenario:
Applied to NSC --> Transfer Notice from CSC --> Back to NSC
NSC-->CSC-->NSC

OR

TSC-->CSC-->TSC

are not getting their FPs yet. These people have got theor APs and EADs but FP notices are not arriving. I don't know why FP would take longer if it is a transfer case. Does any body know why the FP is taking longer? Does it help to open SR if FP notice is not received?

It seems that for the people who have the following scenario:
Applied to NSC --> Transfer Notice from CSC --> Back to NSC
NSC-->CSC-->NSC

OR

TSC-->CSC-->TSC

are not getting their FPs yet.

:(Looks like NSC has gone for an early hibernation. I think all the transferred cases are sitting in cold storage.

Infopass

AP approved on Nov 1 from NSC, but I haven't got it. NSC told me it is mailed out, where is it???

I have booked a infopass appointment next week for this purpose. I will try to see what can be done. One more question,do they have the authority to give you parole or mail one .This is my first experience. Any inputs from people doing infopasses regularly to get updates.Thanks in advance.

Hello,

What is RD and ND. I had sent my I485 application on 15th August. However, the notice (dated 2nd October) states that they received my application on 28th September. They have encashed the cheque that was according to the earlier payment scheme. I even received FP notice and got it done on 24th November. The question I am asking is what is my RD, ND and PD for I485 ? USCIS (NSC) shows that they are processing I485 for 14th April. Is this the priority date of I140 or receipt date of I485 ?

Is it possible that there is something wrong about the receipt date of my I485 and may even get refused since it shows the receipt date to be 28th September and I have sent the cheque that was applicable before 17th August.

Any opinion/experience will be very helpful.

I140 (EB1, priority date 14th June, approved on 26th September)
I485 (filing date : 15th August, receipt date : 28th September, notice date : 2nd October)
FP (24th November)

I have booked a infopass appointment next week for this purpose. I will try to see what can be done. One more question,do they have the authority to give you parole or mail one .This is my first experience. Any inputs from people doing infopasses regularly to get updates.Thanks in advance.

Hey Chocolate,

What option did you choose to setup infopass appointment?

Thanks