Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

a few days

Tennis_court and nanoboy01,

I got my EAD, Thursday, nov. 1st....so thank you for your encourgement, I really appreciate it. You were right!

Now in how much time did you get the SSN? :)..it's an endless hurdles:)

Thanks again.

Well here is how it worked for me.

I got my EAD on Monday passed. Applied for SSN on Tuesday. The lady at the Social Security place was so nice she said to me to make it faster, come back to her on Thursday. Where as I may get the physical SS card in about a week, she said the number should be available by Thursday (yesterday) and she can print it out for me and I can use it and even show the letter to an employer. That worked.

I have since then gotten a print out of my SSN and applied over 4 places for work so far.

Try that. :)

Congratulations! I think you can apply for SSN right away. I think you can find instructions in a lot of places like: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10002.html#how. This is the easy part :). I think I got my SSN in about a week if I remember correctly. I did this about 10 years ago.

However, you can probably start working right away.

Good luck and keep us posted....

Tennis court,

Can I start working without Ssn and with the Ead card only? Or first I have to apply for the Ssn?

Thanks in advance!

Tennis court,

Can I start working without Ssn and with the Ead card only? Or first I have to apply for the Ssn?

Thanks in advance!

I remember that I started working before I got my ssn. I went to the local governmental offices to get the ssn in two weeks or so and then I got it. I think it's good to apply for it right away as it might be needed when you get your paycheck. You might need to ask that with your employer.

However, I am not sure I understand why you are asking about this since you are EB I would think you are already working. Could you clarify?

I remember that I started working before I got my ssn. I went to the local governmental offices to get the ssn in two weeks or so and then I got it. I think it's good to apply for it right away as it might be needed when you get your paycheck. You might need to ask that with your employer.

However, I am not sure I understand why you are asking about this since you are EB I would think you are already working. Could you clarify?

I'm on H4 and my spouse is on H1B.

When I'm going to be interviewed by the employer....will the employer ask for my Ssn first? Or you need Ssn only when I get the paycheck?

When I'm going to be interviewed by the employer....will the employer ask for my Ssn first? Or you need Ssn only when I get the paycheck?

Employer would interview first and if qualified than HR will ask for SSN...this is true in IT jobs....

Don't forget

Employer would interview first and if qualified than HR will ask for SSN...this is true in IT jobs....

Dont't forget what I just said; you can get a copy of your SS number two days after applying for it. Just go to the Office again and ask them to give you a print out of the number so you can show an employer. The number will be on the paper and you can use it to apply for work until you get the actual card.

:)

I-131 Approved

Time Line EB3

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
EAD Cards Received.
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I have following update for my wife's EAD but i have not received the actual EAD Card.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On October 15, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Should i be worried or it will come at later date?

Thanks
Navik

Oh

Hi guys,

I have following update for my wife's EAD but i have not received the actual EAD Card.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On October 15, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Should i be worried or it will come at later date?

Thanks
Navik

I think that you should be. Start making some calls. If the approval notice was sent on October 15th, then you should have gotten the card on October 16th, 17th or 18th for the latest.

Start making some calls, check the address that it was sent to

I think that you should be. Start making some calls. If the approval notice was sent on October 15th, then you should have gotten the card on October 16th, 17th or 18th for the latest.

Start making some calls, check the address that it was sent to

thanks nanoboy01.

Do USPS needs the person to be at home when they deliver card? or they just drop it in our mailbox?

Unaware

Hello Nanoboy,

I see a lot of acronyms in your message and understand none... me a newbie... never visited an immigration portal b4... what is LUD and IL. What are you going to be interviewed for on 11th December? I have an approved I140 in EB1 category and I am an Indian citizen. I filed I485 in mid august, but the satus online states that they received the application on September 28. This saturday I received a notice to be fingerprinted on 24th November.

Since you seem to be in advanced stage and aware of a lot of things, can you project how long will it be before I get actual green card.

Thanks in advance,

Hello Nanoboy,

I see a lot of acronyms in your message and understand none... me a newbie... never visited an immigration portal b4... what is LUD and IL. What are you going to be interviewed for on 11th December? I have an approved I140 in EB1 category and I am an Indian citizen. I filed I485 in mid august, but the satus online states that they received the application on September 28. This saturday I received a notice to be fingerprinted on 24th November.

Since you seem to be in advanced stage and aware of a lot of things, can you project how long will it be before I get actual green card.

Thanks in advance,

LUD-Last Updated Date-for online access
IL-Interview letter for your GC
on December 11, I will be interviewed for my GC.

Since you filed in August, like me(early August), it normally takes 6 months to get the GC with interview and all. So perhaps your GC would be available by January, if in your case you have to be interviewed that is. It does take less time for some people of EB categories I notice.

For me I am not in EB category, I was on a B2 visa and got married to USC.

What is RD and ND (technically) ? I sent my I485 on 15th August, I was sent a notice on 2nd October stating that USCIS received my application on 28th September. So, what is RD, and ND for me. Can someone please explain ?

Thanks in advance

What is RD and ND (technically) ? I sent my I485 on 15th August, I was sent a notice on 2nd October stating that USCIS received my application on 28th September. So, what is RD, and ND for me. Can someone please explain ?

Thanks in advance

your RD is 28th sept and ND is 2nd october

This is very confusing because USPS records show that they did receive I485 application on 17th August. They have also accepted the lower fee that was allowed in this period and now they are processing my I485. Is this usual USCIS receives the application physically on 17th August but assigns a receipt date of 28th September ? Thanks anyways.

yes it is

This is very confusing because USPS records show that they did receive I485 application on 17th August. They have also accepted the lower fee that was allowed in this period and now they are processing my I485. Is this usual USCIS receives the application physically on 17th August but assigns a receipt date of 28th September ? Thanks anyways.

there are few cases who have reported in these forums like this. But it is not common. we all got correct receipt notices even though there are exceptions like yours.

No AP inspite of sending fax to TSC-Aug 13th filer

Hi,

I sent fax to TSC on 10/29 to expedite my AP but nothing happend. I spoke ti Customer service representative on 11/5 and requested once again. She said she is raising request and it may take couple of days. Need to go to India very badly in the second week but no news about AP. Current stamping in passport has expired even though has extention paper physically. Don't know waht to do. Already return ticket in October since it was valid for 6 months. Can any one suggest anything?