Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

I read in the same forum, but in a different posting that an extraordinary ability I140 was revoked after it was initially approved. Can this really happen ? On what grounds ?

Fp & I485

Dear All,

My husband and I had done with our finger print back in Sept 28, 2007, but till today, we still don't see any soft LUD or any LUD on our I485. It's normal? Can i check if NSC received our finger print report? Is there a number i can call? I tried to call the CS number, but the machines keep talking and doesn't get me to a customer support or IO. Please let me know if anyone of you have this experience?

Thanks
I485, I131, I765 - mailed and received on 07/05/2007
I131 - approved date on 11/07/07
I765 - approved on 09/27/2007
I485 - LUD 9/04/2007

Dear All,

My husband and I had done with our finger print back in Sept 28, 2007, but till today, we still don't see any soft LUD or any LUD on our I485. It's normal? Can i check if NSC received our finger print report? Is there a number i can call? I tried to call the CS number, but the machines keep talking and doesn't get me to a customer support or IO. Please let me know if anyone of you have this experience?

Thanks
I485, I131, I765 - mailed and received on 07/05/2007
I131 - approved date on 11/07/07
I765 - approved on 09/27/2007
I485 - LUD 9/04/2007

It might be a problem with updating the USCIS or CRIS website with this type of information. For example, I received the receipts on Oct 19 and to this day I cannot find the I-485 and I-131 online. On USCIS website there is a message that some updates might take up to four weeks to appear so I am pondering on whether I should call or wait some more.

:confused: Am so very confused. :confused:

Once 485 is applied that is assuming the Priority Date (PD) was current at the time of the application, does the later change in PD effect the processing of the 485 going forward.
In other words, during the July fiasco a ton of people including me have applied 485, and now the PD has been retrogressed...... And every month there is or isn't some movement in the PD. Does this effect the currently applied 485's.... IF SO HOW ??

I see so much mixed response... and so very confused. Can someone please please shed some light.

Thank you.

From what little I have been able to understand, I think the 485 still continues to be processed even though your PD is not current, but you cannot get an approval until your PD becomes current again. This is how I thought it worked, but there seems to be few approval posted whose PD is not current. So somehow during July fiasco, visa numbers got assigned even though their PD retrogressed after Aug.

Received AP-Aug 13th TSC filer

After lot of affort received AP today by courier from USCIS, TSC. Sent fax on 10/29 and spoke to customer service representative on 11/5 to expedite my AP. Finally it was approved on 11/7 and sent by fedex and received by me on 11/8. So they are really attending emergency cases and their speed is incredible once they attend your case.
Hope all will get their APs soon. Best of luck.

After lot of affort received AP today by courier from USCIS, TSC. Sent fax on 10/29 and spoke to customer service representative on 11/5 to expedite my AP. Finally it was approved on 11/7 and sent by fedex and received by me on 11/8. So they are really attending emergency cases and their speed is incredible once they attend your case.
Hope all will get their APs soon. Best of luck.

hi blueindia,

is there any reason you wanted it to speed? do they ask for any justification to do this?

Thanks

U need to show sufficient reason

Yes sir. I am a govt employee in India came here for 6 months visit since my wife and kids are here. Unexpectedly they made this July fiasco so I also applied for GC with my wife and kids. Supposed to go back in October but couldnot go because my visa has expired and not received AP even though I have physical extention paper from INS. So I sent a fax saying that I may loose my job in India and there by cause me huge financial loss. I also faxed my Id card issued by ISRO, Govt. of India where I work. It worked. I am leaving to India on 17th now.

I had applied to 485 on July 17, 2007. I have still got NOTHING regarding my fingerprinting date. Dont know if I should be worried.

My online status says "On October 11, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. "

Is this normal? Does the LUD update when they mail the FP notice?

ShyGuyCalif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this normal? Does the LUD update when they mail the FP notice?

ShyGuyCalif

In my case , LUD didn't change when they mailed FP notice.
It would be better if you start to call USCIS . I heard some people set up their FP appointment date via phone as long as you've received receipt notice.

I called them and the lady setup a Service Request for me.
She said I am supposed to get it within 30 days of my RD.

She said the Service Request will make sure they send it to me if they have not.

In my case , LUD didn't change when they mailed FP notice.
It would be better if you start to call USCIS . I heard some people set up their FP appointment date via phone as long as you've received receipt notice.

From what little I have been able to understand, I think the 485 still continues to be processed even though your PD is not current, but you cannot get an approval until your PD becomes current again. This is how I thought it worked, but there seems to be few approval posted whose PD is not current. So somehow during July fiasco, visa numbers got assigned even though their PD retrogressed after Aug.

Thank you for the response GrC2005. But what do you mean by visa numbers got assigned. Isn't 485 meant to be for the Green Card and not a visa... So, what is meant by having a visa number. Is it a number that we would know from USCIS... if so when? Can you please clarify.
Again, pardon my ignorance..

Thanks,

Name Check Information August Filer

Time Line EB3

Please advise how and where we find NAME CHECK clearence information.

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007
Finger Printing done on 11/6/2007

Hi Guys,

I called in USCIS to ask about my finger printing appointment.
The customer service guy told me that NSC is processing cases of december 19 2006 and it will be another 232 days they (NSC) will get to my file. If they think if it belongs to TSC then they will transfer the case to TSC if not they will issue finger print notice from NSC.

is this the normal process?

thanks
navik

Hi Guys,

I called in USCIS to ask about my finger printing appointment.
The customer service guy told me that NSC is processing cases of december 19 2006 and it will be another 232 days they (NSC) will get to my file. If they think if it belongs to TSC then they will transfer the case to TSC if not they will issue finger print notice from NSC.

is this the normal process?

thanks
navik

You should have asked them at what time on the 232nd day they will get to your file. :):);)
Or you should have said "bu11sh1t".
(Know the game called "bu11sh1t" where in if you think the other person is lying, you can call him out by yelling "bu11sh1t" ?)

Joking aside:
It appears to me that they wanted to get off the phone and gave you some random answer. Try to call back next week. Remember that today is Friday. If USCIS follows the government's holiday schedule, they will be off on Monday. And they might be already in the long weekend mood.

The December 2006 date reflects the Receipt Date of the AOS application that they are currently adjudicating. That does not have any thing to do with the FP notices.

Regarding transferring to TSC, I think they are bluffing there too. They usually do that at the time they enter your application into the system if you live in TSC's jurisdiction.

You should have asked them at what time on the 232nd day they will get to your file. :):);)
Or you should have said "bu11sh1t".
(Know the game called "bu11sh1t" where in if you think the other person is lying, you can call him out by yelling "bu11sh1t" ?)

Joking aside:
It appears to me that they wanted to get off the phone and gave you some random answer. Try to call back next week. Remember that today is Friday. If USCIS follows the government's holiday schedule, they will be off on Monday. And they might be already in the long weekend mood.

The December 2006 date reflects the Receipt Date of the AOS application that they are currently adjudicating. That does not have any thing to do with the FP notices.

Regarding transferring to TSC, I think they are bluffing there too. They usually do that at the time they enter your application into the system if you live in TSC's jurisdiction.

thanks chitti007

i too felt..that....will try next week...