Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

I-485 Pending with Nebraska Center

My application was sent on 02 August 2007, and the receipt date is 12 September.

The application was myself, wife and two children.

We received our fingerprinting notice date as 12 October, and the same was done. On 15 October my wife and two children received their EAD cards. I have not received mine. The web site does not give any information.

Has anyone had a similar problem. Is their any specific number where one can call to check, and also whether it is a good idea to do so?

This is my first post on this portal, and would appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Regards.

Sampath:confused:

My application was sent on 02 August 2007, and the receipt date is 12 September.

The application was myself, wife and two children.

We received our fingerprinting notice date as 12 October, and the same was done. On 15 October my wife and two children received their EAD cards. I have not received mine. The web site does not give any information.

Has anyone had a similar problem. Is their any specific number where one can call to check, and also whether it is a good idea to do so?

This is my first post on this portal, and would appreciate any feedback on this matter.

Regards.

Sampath:confused:

Hi Sampath,

This is common now for USCIS. Just call 1800-375-5283 number.

best of luck.

Hey

nanoboy01,

May i know what is "IL" which EB cat are you? when is your PD date?

Hey there

IL-means Interview Letter

I am not an employment based category-I am a B2 married to a USC.

PD-August 02, 2007, as per IL.

Hope that answers the questions.

Here are my details -

PD Mar 05 EB2
485/765/131 applied on July 25th (receipt date online Aug 30th)
EAD cards received: Oct 19th 07
AP: nothing yet

Prefer AP

If you have valid H4 visa stamp to come back, then you don't have to wait for the AP approval. On the other hand, if you don't have H4 stamped visa and don't plan to go for H4 visa stamping, then you may want to consider the option of waiting till AP gets approved before leaving the country.

Remember yours is just one application in the big pile that USCIS is dealing with, and their first preference is issuing EAD within 90 days. For AP there is no such 90 day rule.

Good luck!

I am considering AP seriously as last time H4 stamp was an ordeal.Going on AP will be quite a relief.
I am hoping it comes thru on time.
when EAD is getting approved,why there is no news on AP.I havent seen much AP approvals post here.Today I got a finger print notice. Thats a start. I am hoping to get AP asap.
Any body got AP filing in Aug,please post.

I am considering AP seriously as last time H4 stamp was an ordeal.Going on AP will be quite a relief.
I am hoping it comes thru on time.
when EAD is getting approved,why there is no news on AP.I havent seen much AP approvals post here.Today I got a finger print notice. Thats a start. I am hoping to get AP asap.
Any body got AP filing in Aug,please post.

Chocolate, could you please create a timeline sig for us? I am August filer and I'd like to compare with other August filers.

Question about AP

I have applied for EAD & AP together with the I-485 filing on 8/17 and still waiting.
I have a question on using the AP. When you use the AP to travel abroad do they stamp your I-94 and if so what does it says when stamped.
I am asking this because I looked at the FAFSA form for financial aid and you either have to be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen and under the eligible non-citizen it list I-94 stamped Parolee and it says paroled for a minimum of 1 year and status has not expired. Excuse my knowledge here but if you use AP are you not a parolee????????
Any input appreciated

Info

Chocolate, could you please create a timeline sig for us? I am August filer and I'd like to compare with other August filers.

I am sorry . Here you go.

PD May 2004
AD Oct 2006 EB2 -ROW
140/485/EAD/AP-filed Aug 8th RD Aug 9 2007
ND Oct 4 2007
EAD AD- Oct 12
EAD received Oct 20:D:D
AP??:(:(
FP Code 3-Nov 15 2007
What exactly is code 3 fingerprinting?Any inputs.

Hi! I'm just new here and i have several questions.

1. Medical exam: i came to US with a K-1 visa but prior to my coming i already had my medical exam back home. however, there is still one vaccine that i need to have bec. it wasn't available back home when i had the exam. do i still to undergo medical exam for my application for AOS? i mean should i complete that last vaccine before applying for AOS?
2. Middle name: in the philippines we usually have two given names and our middle name is the mother's maiden name. i'm getting confused now as to what to write in the middle name now that i've gotten married. should i use now my maiden name as my middle name or should i use still my mother's maiden name. i don't know what to write in my forms.
Thanks for the help.

Biometrics Appointment

I have just received a letter from USCIS for a biometrics appointment (case type I-485) for myself, my wife and son.

Is this finger printing, name check, etc? Is it any indication that I-485 is nearing completion? My PD is still not current so not sure how I can progress, but glad for any ray of sunshine :)

EB3 (ROW) PD - May 04
I-140 - AD 09/19/07
I-485 (CSC) - RD 08/10/07 ND 10/01/07 LUD - None
I-131 - RD 08/10/07 ND 10/01/07 LUD - None
I-765 - RD 08/10/07 ND 10/01/07 LUD - 10/15/07, 10/23/07 (mailed card)

Biometric Document

I have just received a letter from USCIS for a biometrics appointment (case type I-485) for myself, my wife and son.

Is this finger printing, name check, etc? Is it any indication that I-485 is nearing completion? My PD is still not current so not sure how I can progress, but glad for any ray of sunshine :)

EB3 (ROW) PD - May 04
I-140 - AD 09/19/07
I-485 (CSC) - RD 08/10/07 ND 10/01/07 LUD - None
I-131 - RD 08/10/07 ND 10/01/07 LUD - None
I-765 - RD 08/10/07 ND 10/01/07 LUD - 10/15/07, 10/23/07 (mailed card)

Joe90

Was that document mailed to you or the attorney? I spoke to IO yesterday and she said she is not sure who it will come to

thanks

PD May 2004
AD Oct 2006 EB2 -ROW
ND Oct 4 2007
EAD AD- Oct 12
FP Code 3-Nov 15 2007

Thanks. My data is almost matching yours with an offset of about a month to 2 weeks here and there. I am currently waiting to receive EAD in mail and FP appointments. I don't currently need AP as I can travel with H1B but both should be good to have.

I hope the process will move quickly in the coming weeks.

info needed

Thanks. My data is almost matching yours with an offset of about a month to 2 weeks here and there. I am currently waiting to receive EAD in mail and FP appointments. I don't currently need AP as I can travel with H1B but both should be good to have.

I hope the process will move quickly in the coming weeks.

The fingerprint appointment is for my spouse.But she will be travelling before that. So i was wondering whether i can go earlier and get FP done along with her . Can it be done. prepone a fingerprint appointment.I am just waiting for AP .Hoping to get it asap.
Your EAD might be approved by now. Mine was approved long back but mailed and reached late.once it reaches its updated in the USCIS.Best of luck.

Code 3

PD May 2004
AD Oct 2006 EB2 -ROW
ND Oct 4 2007
EAD AD- Oct 12
FP Code 3-Nov 15 2007

Code 3 Fp
1. All 10 fingers
2. photo
3. Signature

When I'm supposed to receive Ead in mail?

Yesterday, oct 23th...I checked my case online and it was written" card production ordered".
I filed on august 17th.
Thanks.

Who knows?

Yesterday, oct 23th...I checked my case online and it was written" card production ordered".
I filed on august 17th.
Thanks.

My EAD was ordered on 10/17, I am still waiting. So you are looking at 6 days so far.

Earlier someone did say it takes at least 7-10 days so that should give you some sort of time frame. As for me I am still waiting and hoping mine gets here this week.

When I actually get mine you guys will be one of the first ones to find out, so you can see the time frame.

:)

Documents for FP.

Hello Guru's,

Can someone please share their experiences on what all do we need to carry for the FP appointment. Is it enough if you take the following:
- The appointment notice.
- Drivers license.
- EAD card.
- 485 Receipt notice.
- Passport.
Is there anything else we need to carry along. I know the FP notice states all that we need to bring along, am a bit confused. It also states Alien Registration Card and national ID, State-issued photo ID etc.. that I don't have so don't want to take a chance. Please advice.

Thank you,

Two things

Hello Guru's,

Can someone please share their experiences on what all do we need to carry for the FP appointment. Is it enough if you take the following:
- The appointment notice.
- Drivers license.
- EAD card.
- 485 Receipt notice.
- Passport.
Is there anything else we need to carry along. I know the FP notice states all that we need to bring along, am a bit confused. It also states Alien Registration Card and national ID, State-issued photo ID etc.. that I don't have so don't want to take a chance. Please advice.

Thank you,

All you really need for Fingerprinting are:
1. Your ID-maybe your passport
2. Your Fingerprint appointment letter(s)

And that is all, nothing really is needed again.

:)