Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

Info

in case if she gets FP appointment while she is out of country, you should be able to re-schedule it by calling them. I am assuming you are going to be here in the US.
Thanks for the input. Yes,I will be here to reschedule the appointment. One more thing. My checks were cashed on Oct 4th but still i havent received any receipt notice nor my lawyer. At least thats what it seems as I have mailed the lawyer and not had reply. Will i get it in post.I was worried whether her AP will be approved before she leaves. We had a terrible experience when she left the country last time due to prolonged visa stamping time.She is leaving in 2nd week of Nov.Any inputs.
How is the processing times in TSC.I dont mind her EAD being approved later but AP definitely sooner will help. Any inputs. Any body here from TSC.
Thanks in advance.

Received FP notices

Chocolate,
My case is similar to yours. I received FP notices (self & spouse) today in mail. FP code 3 scheduled for 10/26/07. I think you will be okey on finger printing. I don't know anything about AP processing time. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the input. Yes,I will be here to reschedule the appointment. One more thing. My checks were cashed on Oct 4th but still i havent received any receipt notice nor my lawyer. At least thats what it seems as I have mailed the lawyer and not had reply. Will i get it in post.I was worried whether her AP will be approved before she leaves. We had a terrible experience when she left the country last time due to prolonged visa stamping time.She is leaving in 2nd week of Nov.Any inputs.
How is the processing times in TSC.I dont mind her EAD being approved later but AP definitely sooner will help. Any inputs. Any body here from TSC.
Thanks in advance.

Hello Gurus:

Do you know a situation where we received EAD for my wife but mine shows pending. It has been 7 days since we got email for wife's EAD approved. Is this normal? or something to be concerned about?

I called USCIS and they don't know anything more than pending status.

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I am in same boat please let me know If you find anwser or solution for this situation.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Got EAD

Chocolate,
My case is similar to yours. I received FP notices (self & spouse) today in mail. FP code 3 scheduled for 10/26/07. I think you will be okey on finger printing. I don't know anything about AP processing time. Hope it helps.

Thanks for your input. I got my EAD card. I didnt get an approval notice. I dont know whether I shud get one.How long will it take for AP from EAD approval.
As far as finger prints I havent got any notice.
Where do I need to go to get my SSN now?
Any inputs.

PD May 2004 EB2 -ROW
AD Oct 2006
140/485/EAD/AP filed on Aug 9th 2007 NSC (Went to TSC)
ND Oct 4
EAD AD -Oct 12
Spouse EAD AD-Oct 12
AP??
Spouse AP??
FP??
:D:D:D:D

advised to go with AP in hand

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Getting AP sooner is not in our hand. It all depend on our luck. Infact I am waiting just for AP. I lost my six months valid ticket while waiting for AP. We got I-485 receipts with notice date of 10/05/07 , AP receipts also with same date and finger printing notices with 10/10/07 date for 10/26/07. Nothing about EADs. I am supposed to go to India on 10/16/07 but could not because of I didnot get my AP approval. I have postponed my journey to Nov 17th. Still not bought new ticket since I don't want to take any risk of paying for changing the date again. If you have any valid reason for emergency travel you can go to local USCIS office and request for emergeny AP. I understand this by going through different topics in forums. But we should show strong reason for getting this.

Info

Hello,

Getting AP sooner is not in our hand. It all depend on our luck. Infact I am waiting just for AP. I lost my six months valid ticket while waiting for AP. We got I-485 receipts with notice date of 10/05/07 , AP receipts also with same date and finger printing notices with 10/10/07 date for 10/26/07. Nothing about EADs. I am supposed to go to India on 10/16/07 but could not because of I didnot get my AP approval. I have postponed my journey to Nov 17th. Still not bought new ticket since I don't want to take any risk of paying for changing the date again. If you have any valid reason for emergency travel you can go to local USCIS office and request for emergeny AP. I understand this by going through different topics in forums. But we should show strong reason for getting this.

Actually my EAD status still shows pending. Maybe you will get by next week end.I think they will approve AP and EAD in order received. I am also waiting for my wife's AP. She will come back using that.Last time she left for India her visa stamping was a big ordeal. This time I want to avoid it . How long will it take to get SS card after applying.Any inputs.

Received my EAD yesterday. The expiry date had an error (or typo). The expiry date is the first week of Jan, 2008 which is definitely incorrect as the EAD's are issued for 1 year term. Called USCIS and was told to resubmit a new app for I-765 along with the original notice, EAD etc. And they also told me that if it is determined the error was USCIS part, then I dont need to pay the fee again.

Ead Received

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
PD 02/04/2004
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
EAD CARDS RECEIVED FOR ALL FAMILY WITHOUT ANY EMAIL IN MAIL. 10/18/07

Another GC Dreamer

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have valid H4 visa stamp to come back, then you don't have to wait for the AP approval. On the other hand, if you don't have H4 stamped visa and don't plan to go for H4 visa stamping, then you may want to consider the option of waiting till AP gets approved before leaving the country.

Remember yours is just one application in the big pile that USCIS is dealing with, and their first preference is issuing EAD within 90 days. For AP there is no such 90 day rule.

Good luck!

Thanks in advance.

EAD Card Production Ordered

Received e-mail from CRIS for EAD card production ordered (for both myself & spouse). Please see signature for detail.

Case Transfered from VSC to TSC

:eek:
Today I got notice that my case transfered from VSC to TSC.Here are my details
PD Dec 2003 EB3
Sent Date : 2nd Aug 2007
Received by USCIS : 3rd Aug 2007
Receipt date : 12 Oct 2007
Notice Date: 17th Oct 2007
EAD, AP: pending, received at Vermont SC
I'd like to know if any one on this forum is in the same boat as I?