Anyone filed/submitted I-485 after July 5th thru Aug 17th, 2007 - Update Here!!

Not true.

I am afraid that all you can do is wait...

1. If the checks were cashed then it means your receipt is on its way.

2. Online information normally (as in my case also) does not appear until you have done your fingerprints, and in your case you have to wait for both notices.

3. If you call USCIS then they will ask you for your receipt number(which you do not have) and then they will tell you to wait(maybe 90 days before calling again)

*stinks right*

But your case may be different, you never know. :)

My checks were cashed last week . I got my receipt nos from back of the check. I am able to check using that. The only thing they do to update the system is although your checks are cashed days ago,it appears maybe after 4-5 days in your online bank statement. In that way they can update the system for our use.I havent got any receipt as such or fingerprint notice. I can still check using the receipt no behind checks.

Correction

I am afraid that all you can do is wait...

1. If the checks were cashed then it means your receipt is on its way.

2. Online information normally (as in my case also) does not appear until you have done your fingerprints, and in your case you have to wait for both notices.
This is incorrect, online information can and does appear before FP, it's just that they are having a hard time keeping up with all the data entry right now.
3. If you call USCIS then they will ask you for your receipt number(which you do not have) and then they will tell you to wait(maybe 90 days before calling again)

*stinks right*

But your case may be different, you never know. :)

See comment.

thank you guys. i do have my receipt nos back of my checks. i have to wait for receipt notice and fP notice.

could any body pls. tell me how to check the recept no. from the backside of the check? From where you can get the cheq, which you had given to them? I am confuced! Could anybody please help me on that?

could any body pls. tell me how to check the recept no. from the backside of the check? From where you can get the cheq, which you had given to them? I am confuced! Could anybody please help me on that?

If you have given check for I-485 or I-131 or I-765 and it got cashed.
This check should personal check and not cashier one.

So if it is really got cashed you will have scanned copy of them in your Netbenking.

See your check image in your netbenking. It will have Front and Back page of the check. You should have magnifying facility to view the check. Mangnify it and look for SRCXXXXXXX or LINXXXXXXXX

I have received fingerprinting notices for myself and my wife. My case was transfered from NSC to TSC.

FP RD: 07/27/2007
FP Mail Received on: 10/06/2007
FP Appointment Date: 10/30/2007

EAD RD: 07/27/2007
EAD LUD: 10/01/2007
EAD AD: 10/01/2007
EAD Received: 10/05/2007

AP RD: 07/27/2007
AP LUD: 10/01/2007
AP AD: Waiting

Priority Date: May, 2002
I-140 AD: April 10, 2006 [Filed I-140 Amendment along with I-485 filing on 07/27/2007]
Case Type: EB3
State: CA

My wife received her EAD after 10 days of my approval.

Thanks,

JRK

Last edited by a moderator:
not received all the receipts-is it common?

We had filed 4 I-485s, 2 765s(EAD) and 4 I-131s on 13th Aug,07 at TSC. We have received receipt notices on 10/13/07 with notice date as 10/05/07 from TSC for two I-485s, 4 I-131s only. We don't know whether all the cheques are encashed or not since we have sent money orders t attorney and he sent his own cheques/money orders. Is it common to receive on different dates different receipt notices for same day filing. I don't have visa stamping now even though my visa is extended untill 2009. Can I go out of country without AP and come back with AP if my spouse sends me AP by post later? Experts please advice me.

Finger Pinting

Time Line EB3

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
PD 02/04/2004
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07

Another GC Dreamer

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it normal to get the receipt notice for I-485 but NOT to get for EAD?

Hi everybody,

I filed my I-485 package on August 17th.....and on Oct 13th me and my spouse received receipt notice of I-485s( the date of receipt notice was Oct 4th)...but I didn't receive the receipt notice of my EAD...is this normal?....in other words is it NORMAL for the receipt notice of I-485 to come separately from the receipt notice of EAD?

.....Should I expect to get the receipt notice of EAD pretty soon?

One more question: Is it possible for Uscis to cash only the check of I-485 OR they cashed also the EAD check even if I didn't get the receipt notice of EAD?

Thank you in advance....I will really appreciate your help.

Hi everybody,

I filed my I-485 package on August 17th.....and on Oct 13th me and my spouse received receipt notice of I-485s( the date of receipt notice was Oct 4th)...but I didn't receive the receipt notice of my EAD...is this normal?....in other words is it NORMAL for the receipt notice of I-485 to come separately from the receipt notice of EAD?

One more question: Is it possible for Uscis to cash only the check of I-485 OR they cashed also the EAD check even if I didn't get the receipt notice of EAD?

GC_Europe, could you please add your time line in your sig so that we understand better your situation? My case is similar to you inasmuch I filed on Aug 17 (or maybe 16). I filed at TSC (see signature) but did not receive anything from my layer and I need to know if I should send them an email to ask about what's up with my case or wait some more.

even it happend to us too

Even we didnot get EAD notices for me and spouse. We had applied for 4 I-485s, 2 EADs and 4 APs. We got receipts for 2 I-485s and 4 APs.

don't worry u may get today or tomarrow

GC_Europe, could you please add your time line in your sig so that we understand better your situation? My case is similar to you inasmuch I filed on Aug 17 (or maybe 16). I filed at TSC (see signature) but did not receive anything from my layer and I need to know if I should send them an email to ask about what's up with my case or wait some more.

U may get today or tomarrow. We had filed at TSC on 13th Aug. We got receipts on 13th October that not all receipts. It is nothing wrong if you call or e mail your lawyer. Some cases receipts are coming directely to you and in some cases receipts are going to lawyer. There is no consistancy and nothing can be ruled out.

Fp?

I received fingerprint appointment letter. See my signature. @Texas serv Center.

So your finger print appointment was sent to your Attorney? In my case my wife received her EAD and AP, I got my EAD but for AP an RFE has been sent to my attorney's office and she has not received it yet. Not sure what the RFE is for (my guess for FP appointment).

Thanks

No FP notice yet- Iam worried

Hello,
My I485/EAD/AP package was sent on August 3rd. Check cashed on September 11th, receipts received in one week. EAD card production ordered email received last week. So far no word on FP/Biometrics.

From the trend here, I see that everyone who got receipts got the FP notice quite soon.
Is there anything that I can do?I don't w:confused:ant it to be lost in the mail and then to miss the FP appoinment.
Any ideas??

U may get today or tomarrow. We had filed at TSC on 13th Aug. We got receipts on 13th October that not all receipts. It is nothing wrong if you call or e mail your lawyer. Some cases receipts are coming directely to you and in some cases receipts are going to lawyer. There is no consistancy and nothing can be ruled out.

Thanks blueindia for your info,

Could you tell me please, after how much time did you get the receipt notice for EAD...after you got the I-485 receipt notice....the time between the I-485 RD and the RD of Ead?

And now I saw on the receipt notice of I-485 that it was written the receipt date of august 16th...I thought it's august 17th....as the uscis got my package on august 17th...

Regarding my signature ...I don't know how to do it...can you tell me please ...which is the feature for this?.

Thanks again!

I have one question

Since my PD is not current now, does this mean my 485 will be processed only when my PD becomes current. Meanwhile AP and EAD are the benefits i will get because of pending 485.

Hello,
My I485/EAD/AP package was sent on August 3rd. Check cashed on September 11th, receipts received in one week. EAD card production ordered email received last week. So far no word on FP/Biometrics.

From the trend here, I see that everyone who got receipts got the FP notice quite soon.
Is there anything that I can do?I don't w:confused:ant it to be lost in the mail and then to miss the FP appoinment.
Any ideas??

Hey Madjad

my application was sent in on August 02, 2007. So far I have received FP notice and since then done my biometrics on October 05, 2007. From there I have not received any messages concerning EAD or anything else.

I see for you, you have already gotten an email confirming that your EAD is approved.

So it would appear that there is some inconsistency with USCIS in the way they operate and respond to applications.

I only wish that my EAD would be approved sooner.

Hope you get your FP soon.

Hi everybody,

Hello everyone,

My lawyer sent me the receipt numbers for EAD also( so I-485, I-140 and I-765 were cashed)...so I checked online the status, and uscis received EAD also...so it was also cashed...my question is....

.....online I see that EAD has the receipt notice of oct 4th.....after Oct. 4th...in how much time uscis will approve EAD or at least to send me the approval notice?

I'm waiting for Ead receipt notice in mail....hopefully I will get it soon.
Thank you in advance!