Anyone file PERM today?

recapture time spent on vacation? and how long pwd completed?

Thanks for the response.

How is it possible to extend 7th year by recapturing time spent? If no labor cert filed by 365 days before expire, according to the law, you have to be out of the country 1 year.

How long is usually PWD completed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I file PERM through a new company while my LC is pending at DBEC?

Dear Gurus!

I have been stuck with the DBEC for a very long time. My PD is July 2002 wth EB3 in TX RIR but still no news on the LC. My 45 day letter was rpelied in end of January 2005.

I am thinking of filing a new PERM application using a different company but maybe in the same job function in EB2 category?

My questions to you all are:
1. Is it possible to file a new LC via PERM through a different employer while my current LC is pending with my current employer?
2. I am on the 6th year of my H1b. Will the new PERM LC be valid after 6th year and can I continue with my 140 & 485 after PERM is approved?
3. Will the filing of this PERM app from a different employer effect my current LC in any adverse way?

As I understand LC is for future job and even if my current H1b is from current employer I should be able to file and continue with my GC process through a new employer that will give me a future job offer. My intention is to continue with my current employer by extending my H1b beyond 6th year and also running the other GC process in parallel until one of them is approved.

Any response will be immensely appreciated!

Thanks,
KUmarash

YES! you should

Kumarash said:
Dear Gurus!

I have been stuck with the DBEC for a very long time. My PD is July 2002 wth EB3 in TX RIR but still no news on the LC. My 45 day letter was rpelied in end of January 2005.

Any response will be immensely appreciated!

Thanks,
KUmarash
yes. you can do it. just ignore the old case. you should apply for LC with no connection to the old one.

please advise

i'm about to submit my PERM. it will be for MIS Manager, EB2 (BA+5 years)
for a computers company that was established 11 years ago. have 4 - 7 emplyees right now. H-12 is YES (normal requirements).
what do you think? :confused:

PERM and EB categories

Hello,
Can anyone with knowledge on PERM and I-140 help me know the answers to the following questions?

1.) Is it true that we mention the EB category in PERM application? If yes, which question? If no, then why do people on this forum mention that their EB-2 (or EB-3) is being approved?

2.) If there is a EB category mentioned in the PERM application, is it true that I-140 may get rejected for the EB category? In other words, the qualification of the employee for a EB category is verified in both PERM and I-140 stages. Is this true?

The reason for posting the first question is because, there is nothing that mentions the EB category on the PERM certification (Final Determination Document), as far as I know. If this is the case, how does the INS know to which category the employee belongs as the PERM is approved by Department of State and not INS.

I appreciate your time and effort in this regard.

Regards

Nothing about EB is in PERM, however by what is stated in PERM you are setting yourself up to qualify for EB3 or EB2. So in that sense PERM can be said to be 'EB2' or 'EB3'.

lookingintoit said:
Hello,
Can anyone with knowledge on PERM and I-140 help me know the answers to the following questions?

1.) Is it true that we mention the EB category in PERM application? If yes, which question? If no, then why do people on this forum mention that their EB-2 (or EB-3) is being approved?

2.) If there is a EB category mentioned in the PERM application, is it true that I-140 may get rejected for the EB category? In other words, the qualification of the employee for a EB category is verified in both PERM and I-140 stages. Is this true?

The reason for posting the first question is because, there is nothing that mentions the EB category on the PERM certification (Final Determination Document), as far as I know. If this is the case, how does the INS know to which category the employee belongs as the PERM is approved by Department of State and not INS.

I appreciate your time and effort in this regard.

Regards

I-140 application

Hello,
If so then, Can the application for 'immigration petition' (I-140) be applied under EB-2 if the job requirement of Master's degree is approved in PERM and the employee has the required Master's? Is there any reason for denial of I-140 on the sole basis of Master's degree if the job requirement states no experience required.

gc_2006 said:
Nothing about EB is in PERM, however by what is stated in PERM you are setting yourself up to qualify for EB3 or EB2. So in that sense PERM can be said to be 'EB2' or 'EB3'.

'No experience' doesn't appear to be a disqualifying requirement. From what you describe filing I-140 in EB2 should be possible (someone else might have more experience with a '0 experience' case).

lookingintoit said:
Hello,
If so then, Can the application for 'immigration petition' (I-140) be applied under EB-2 if the job requirement of Master's degree is approved in PERM and the employee has the required Master's? Is there any reason for denial of I-140 on the sole basis of Master's degree if the job requirement states no experience required.

Just do not want to keep extending this thread but one last question. So, is there a competition between beneficiaries falling in the same category. Implies, each case is not dealt as an independent one?

gc_2006 said:
'No experience' doesn't appear to be a disqualifying requirement. From what you describe filing I-140 in EB2 should be possible (someone else might have more experience with a '0 experience' case).

Labor Certified. Now EB2/EB3?

Hi All

I got my labor certification last week (alas; two weeks too late). This should give hope to everyone. Hang in there; it WILL come; sooner or later. Wishing you all good luck!!

My Particulars:
PERM Applied: Aug 19, 2005
Certified: October 13
Title: Engineering Manager
Relevant Work Experience: 6+ years after degree in Civil Engineering from India

Employer:
Home Builder/Land Developer, who has been in business for 16 years (very stable), Annual Gross: Approx. 10 million, 5 employees including me (H1B)

A question for all you experts:-
I am ready to file I-140; without an attorney's help. I filed and got my H1B approved myself. Do you foresee any complications in this EB2 case? How can I be sure that this case will be treated as an EB2? The job description, title, work exp., salary, and other requirements during the recruitment step of PERM were all geared towards EB2. As you know, the labor cert. does not mention EB categories.

In Form I-140, I am going to check-off - "Alien with advanced degree" (which in my case is Bachelors with 5+ yrs of exp.).

If anyone thinks I could be any help to him/her, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line.

Best Wishes

kapoorsingh@yahoo.com

Experience for PERM

Hello,
Is it possible to use experience obtained prior to finishing Bachelors with PERM?

Thanks in advance.

u need to support why do you need advance degree for your work. As long you can justify that cause u r good with eb-2. This is called business necessity..........

where did ur perm get processed from atlanta or chicago ?

kapsingh said:
Hi All

I got my labor certification last week (alas; two weeks too late). This should give hope to everyone. Hang in there; it WILL come; sooner or later. Wishing you all good luck!!

My Particulars:
PERM Applied: Aug 19, 2005
Certified: October 13
Title: Engineering Manager
Relevant Work Experience: 6+ years after degree in Civil Engineering from India

Employer:
Home Builder/Land Developer, who has been in business for 16 years (very stable), Annual Gross: Approx. 10 million, 5 employees including me (H1B)

A question for all you experts:-
I am ready to file I-140; without an attorney's help. I filed and got my H1B approved myself. Do you foresee any complications in this EB2 case? How can I be sure that this case will be treated as an EB2? The job description, title, work exp., salary, and other requirements during the recruitment step of PERM were all geared towards EB2. As you know, the labor cert. does not mention EB categories.

In Form I-140, I am going to check-off - "Alien with advanced degree" (which in my case is Bachelors with 5+ yrs of exp.).

If anyone thinks I could be any help to him/her, please don’t hesitate to drop me a line.

Best Wishes

kapoorsingh@yahoo.com

Cerified today at Chicago center

Applied 7/18
Advisory software engineer, MS+3 or BS+5
Pending LC at Backlog center.

Goog luck to everybody

:eek:
perm_eb2_wanted said:
Strange!

So there is no where to specify when applying for labor that this case is EB2 or EB3?

I am getting psyched

job order, perm form , labor - nothing mentions whether its EB2 or not?

then what/how/who ?

those 1-day approvals are at the same time very good and very frustrating...

there are a bunch of people still waiting since may-june this year, who missed the first train and might as well miss the second one (last?) in January (if indeed the global retrogression's confirmed)...

at least looks like they're back to work at chicago

Is it still possible to have RIR and PERM pending in parallel.

I know that DOL came up with a rule to not have a PERM filed for an existing RIR applicant, but later reverted that rule. I am not sure if it still is a good idea to file a PERM app without withdrawing an RIR application. Would I definitly loose my RIR PD?

Second question, how soon do people think EB2 for countries other than india china will start getting backlogged like EB3?

Thanks.

a response from the chicago DOL

My lawyer asked Chicago processing center about the status of my application filed on July 06 and got the following response yesterday. Anyone has receivved a similar response from DOL? Any comments?

It's almost becoming four months now and quite frustrated..

Your case is still in process and official notification will be forthcoming.

Applications are processed in the order they are received. However, because each application is unique, processing times may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the case.

Sincerely,

Chicago National Processing Center