Filed case on 09/20/05
PERM Center: Atlanta
Category: EB-2
Job: Systems Software Engineer
Requirement: MS
Hard copy received: 10/03/05

Good luck to you all :) :) :)

congrats.
any problems rejecting US workers with MS, since there could be potentially many of them with MS+0
andy garcia said:
Filed case on 09/20/05
PERM Center: Atlanta
Category: EB-2
Job: Systems Software Engineer
Requirement: MS
Hard copy received: 10/03/05

Good luck to you all :) :) :)

Question on Date filed ??

I asked my HR to let me know the status and she said for the my case number the prepared Date came up as three days later than when my attorney told that they filed on. Which one is correct? Does anybody know, what date does it show on the status check when one checks for status in PERM system.

How long after "In Process" and phone call from LD

My LC was filled on 09/15. It went to "In Process" on the same day. Last week my employer got call from Labor department. Now how long it takes to change the status from "In Process" to "Certified". Any expereince or suggestion please? My case is in Chicago.
Thanks

you might try looking at the Chicago PERM tracker...

gocard said:
My LC was filled on 09/15. It went to "In Process" on the same day. Last week my employer got call from Labor department. Now how long it takes to change the status from "In Process" to "Certified". Any expereince or suggestion please? My case is in Chicago.
Thanks

Company existence verification

Hi, All,
I am in the process to file PERM. My employer registered in the DOL website. A week later, the DOL sent a email to ask document evidence for company existence verification. My employer sent the all the document by both email and mail. It has been more than 3 weeks after that and We have not heard anything from the DOL yet. Does anyone of you have the same experience? How long did it take you to get the reply from the DOL?
Many thanks

Conflicting Information

HI, Any one whoever filed PERM labor can you clarify me one information, please? How long will take to file PERM after Job Order. I read all the posts and information it says 30 days of Job Order and Advertisement but attorney says 60 days wait period after Job Order placed.

Which is right? Anyone's answer is appreciable.

your attorney is right. You place the job order, let it open for 30 days after that. Then you close it and wait for another 30 days: 30days+30days=60days

hereismygc said:
HI, Any one whoever filed PERM labor can you clarify me one information, please? How long will take to file PERM after Job Order. I read all the posts and information it says 30 days of Job Order and Advertisement but attorney says 60 days wait period after Job Order placed.

Which is right? Anyone's answer is appreciable.

Can anyone tell me which center my application goes to if my Company is in California

Guys, please help me....
The Company's attorney is unreachable and I have no idea where my Perm application was filed. All I know is that the attorney filed it on 30th September and then after a few days, he gave me a receipt number which begins with the letter C. This company is based in California and so is the lawyer. How long does it take for Perm approvals in similar cases like mine. I am a software engineer with 10+ years of experience. The company who has filed my Perm is a small sized company and has about 20 consultants in place. Currently I am not working for this company but would definetly join them once the Perm is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
C=Chicago ('A' = Atlanta) plus CA and all Western states are assigned to Chicago whereas all Eastern states go to Atlanta.
See the threads:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=182813
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=191295

to get an idea what is going on.

earthquake said:
Guys, please help me....
...he gave me a receipt number which begins with the letter C. This company is based in California and so is the lawyer. How long does it take for Perm approvals in similar cases like mine...

Please act and help ourselves!!!

From http://www.immigration-law.com:

10/13/2005: IMPORTANT NEWS: We Need Your Help!!

AILA has reported that the Senate Judiciary Committe is markedup a very important legislative bill on October 20, 2005, coming Thursday, to discuss the Budget Reconciliation and Immigration proposal that can give some relief to the current H-1B blackout and EB immigrant visa number retrogression. According to the AILA, the proposal includes the following:
Recapture of 300,000 unused H-1B numbers
Recpature of 90,000 unused EB immigrant visa numbers
Exempting spouses and minor children of EB principal aliens from the annual EB quota limit
Permit filing of I-485 even during the visa number retrogression.

AILA states that it is vitally important that the people in business community and scientific and research organizations reach out tothe following members of the Senate Judiciary Committee as urgently as possible:

Arlen Specter (R-PA) Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) Ranking

Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Edward Kennedy (D-MA)
Charles Grassley (R-IA) Joseph Biden (D-DE)
Mike DeWine (R-OH) Herbert Kohl (D-WI)
Jeff Sessions (R-AL) Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Russ Feingold (D-WI)
John Cornyn (R-TX) Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sam Brownback (R-KS) Richard Durbin (D-IL)
Tom Coburn (R-OK)
Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
Please call (202)224-3121 Congressional switchboard and obtain their email addresses or through their websites as quickly as possible: It is "extremely" important that everyone participates in this last minute campaign. For the talking points, please click here: http://www.immigration-law.com/Temporary File.html

Thanks Gc_2006. But attorney is saying even after the closing of Job order wait period of 30 days, another 60 days (i.e, 30 days -- closing -- 60 days wait). Thats why the confusion.

Thanks anyway for your response.

We have a pending PERM application filed 6/15/05 - We've fielded calls from CIS and the pending status still says "in process" - we've emailed the dept. w/o much success -

Any ideas? it's been 120 days

How the hell can DOL get away with crappy system like this is no clue. My wife's cert is also pending now for 90 days. There is no way anybody can get any information on status, processing, etc. This was supposed to be computerized.. I wonder whether there are monkey's sitting at the other end with Cathod ray tubes.. going 1, 0, 0, 1.. There has to be a way to sue DOL for lack of information and mental anguish it causes. Life on hold forever..

My few thoughts...

The present situation reminds me stoppage of processing of cases at Chicago in 2004. They were lying to us that they were still processing these cases whereas they simply packed them in boxes and were waiting for the launch of backlog reduction centers. I'm wondering if we have a similar situation now. Perhaps now they're waiting for something else, like launch of a temporary guest worker program proposed by Bush so they can assing their precious resources to work on that. Or more likely - they are waiting for the world-wide retrogression to happen so no one will be able to file I-140/I-495 anyways. Also, it seems that most of the cases that were already approved (according to an Excel tracking status maintained here) are not IT related. The truth could be that decision makers in this country are simply not interested in giving out GCs to IT people. What they need is a cheap workforce and free social security money. It is hard to believe that the DOL acts on its own without any guidance from the top when delaying the process. It is time for lawyers to start calling DOL and demanding answers. Someone should be accountable for this mess.

Maybe not true...

Although I can understand your situation...I can be pessimistic...but I believe this software is clearing some cases in random...most of the cases happen to be in IT and so not many IT cases get approved. I believe these cases go into different channels...people work in different channels..some will be overloaded and some are not. I think Rajiv's website says they received lot of approvals some in days and some in weeks. So how can that be true?

It is a big dark hole and we will not know much until the holidays are over...which must have already started by now!

I think Rajiv should guide us and tell us if anyone can file a lawsuit like that to ask DOL to be more productive.....

javaguy1974 said:
The present situation reminds me stoppage of processing of cases at Chicago in 2004. They were lying to us that they were still processing these cases whereas they simply packed them in boxes and were waiting for the launch of backlog reduction centers. I'm wondering if we have a similar situation now. Perhaps now they're waiting for something else, like launch of a temporary guest worker program proposed by Bush so they can assing their precious resources to work on that. Or more likely - they are waiting for the world-wide retrogression to happen so no one will be able to file I-140/I-495 anyways. Also, it seems that most of the cases that were already approved (according to an Excel tracking status maintained here) are not IT related. The truth could be that decision makers in this country are simply not interested in giving out GCs to IT people. What they need is a cheap workforce and free social security money. It is hard to believe that the DOL acts on its own without any guidance from the top when delaying the process. It is time for lawyers to start calling DOL and demanding answers. Someone should be accountable for this mess.

Thank you all!

Been silent observer here for some time and learned a lot from here.
My PERM has been filed Sept. 22nd and certified Oct. 14th.
Details:
Non-IT related.
EB2 (PhD reqired)
No previous exp. required.
Company - Huge, don't know exactly, founded 1860th or so.
Not facing retrogression, as of now.
Hope it helps.

great to hear! please enlighten us on what center??? (Chicago or Atlanta) you filed at?

michvin said:
Been silent observer here for some time and learned a lot from here.
My PERM has been filed Sept. 22nd and certified Oct. 14th.
Details:
Non-IT related.
EB2 (PhD reqired)
No previous exp. required.
Company - Huge, don't know exactly, founded 1860th or so.
Not facing retrogression, as of now.
Hope it helps.