Anyone file PERM today?

education irrelevant

talktome said:
Hello Gurus,

I have a question regarding PERM EB2 Filing.

I have a 3 year degree from India plus a 1 year advance Diploma in Computer Programming. Trustforte Corporation (New York) did my academic evaluation and gave me an equivalence to a BS in Electronics and Computer Engineering.

I will be having 7 years of IT experience in August 2005. Although I have a RIR EB3 application filed from NJ with a PD of Feb 2004, I wanted to go for PERM.

1. Do you guys think if I will qualify for EB2 on the basis of BS (Equivalence) + 7 years of experience?

2. Has anyone come across a similar case (filed or approved) where the candidate has an equivalency rather than having a 4 year degree?

Soon I am entering the 6th year of my H1B. Therefore I need to make a decision as soon as possible.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

As far as I know, EB2 or EB3 has not so much to do with your eduction background. I think the most important point here is the "Job Title" that decides Eb2 and Eb3. Typically software engineer jobs are Eb3. Correct me if I am wrong.

...that's why EB-2 is called 'for advanced degree holders' - not for 'advanced job title holders'. A company can give you any job title they want - but you cannot 'just' get a PhD or MS. The only exception is that CIS recognizes BS+5 or more years like MS.

rocky_cool said:
As far as I know, EB2 or EB3 has not so much to do with your eduction background. I think the most important point here is the "Job Title" that decides Eb2 and Eb3. Typically software engineer jobs are Eb3. Correct me if I am wrong.

talktome said:
Hello Gurus,

I have a question regarding PERM EB2 Filing.

I have a 3 year degree from India plus a 1 year advance Diploma in Computer Programming. Trustforte Corporation (New York) did my academic evaluation and gave me an equivalence to a BS in Electronics and Computer Engineering.

I will be having 7 years of IT experience in August 2005. Although I have a RIR EB3 application filed from NJ with a PD of Feb 2004, I wanted to go for PERM.

1. Do you guys think if I will qualify for EB2 on the basis of BS (Equivalence) + 7 years of experience?

2. Has anyone come across a similar case (filed or approved) where the candidate has an equivalency rather than having a 4 year degree?

Soon I am entering the 6th year of my H1B. Therefore I need to make a decision as soon as possible.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Be cautious if you are planning to use some of experience with the same company as it is not usuable towards job requirement, in PERM. It'll be easy to catch that electronically.

Different Company

Thanks for your replies Gurus

The job is with a different company.

I already have a Labor petition stuck in PBEC. Looking at the speed at which BECs are operating I am not hoping to see my labor till 2007. That is the reason I thought of starting another application in PERM with a different company.

But I wanted to make sure if I could file in EB2. But my issue is that I don't have a 4 year degree.. I have 3 year degree and on top of it I have done a 1 year Diploma in Computers.

Though I did get an academic equivalence to a BS degree by Trustforte, I want to make sure PERM treats the BS equivalency the same way as it does for a regular 4 year Bachelors degree and if someone has already filed/heard of a similar case. If Yes, what was the end result?

Inputs are highly appreciated.

Thanks

gc_2006 said:
...that's why EB-2 is called 'for advanced degree holders' - not for 'advanced job title holders'. A company can give you any job title they want - but you cannot 'just' get a PhD or MS. The only exception is that CIS recognizes BS+5 or more years like MS.

There are some confusions these days. First I ran BS+7 yrs ads then I ran into this lawyer.He told me job has to require MS degree and there is one way street, American worker with BS degree and 5 + yrs can apply this job and not another way around. So I look at EB-2 definition at INS site and he was about right unitl one day immigration-law.com one post states BS with 5 yrs job can fit in EB-2 per some years INS interm memo. (Yes, EB-2 and EB-3 verdict is on INS and virtually is a gamble game some times. I have heard from my lawyer that some of client just got EB-2 based on his/her own Master degree and the job ads even did mention it. But for your own case, are you willing to try?)Then I ask this very same lawyer, how about DOL doesn't accept Master degree requirement for most tech job? And what he told me which is same as what my lawyer said: 1. if industry has already established the trend you will be fine ( that is why same MSCS holder can have different fate, Analyst can require Master degree but Programmer don't need it, from this point title matters). 2. If there is no trend like most other engineering field, what your company can do is to prove your job does required advance degree and beautiful part is DOL can not tell company what to do with their business. For most engineering job SLP around 7-8 shall not have problem. Back to old time, businese necessity is majorly designed for langurage requriment. BTW, PWD is nothing to do with EB-2 and EB-3. The lower the better. If your salary is lower than PWD, as far your boss agrees to meet PWD by the time your got greed card you will still be fine. PWD is for the applicants. At last, I wish everybody here has more peace for this difficult time. This country need illegal low level worker more than they need us. That is how this ill minded system designed for. Bear with this process, if it means to happen, it will happen. I will pray for all of us. Peace out!

Last edited by a moderator:
When will retrogression for Eb3 end anyway?

Does anyone have any idea as to when retrogression for EB3 would end?

My Lawyer is advising that I file under EB3 (though I have BS+ 5-yrs) as other cases filed have failed in past.
I believe that could be becoz our designations are Software Engineer?

Thanks
Bidhan

Last edited by a moderator:
to Rajaabi

hi,
I am in the same boat like you or even worse . On friday, my employer got a sponsorship e-mail which he answered again. I had earlier filed perm on May13th which got denied within minutes. We refiled agin on June 2nd. Now, my june 2nd application is in final review. Since my employer responded again to the sponsorship e-mail my denied application is in audit review. Any suggestions? I don't know what's going on with DOL.They are not giving GC to all of the smart software guys like you all and end up with the worst system for perm. What did your lawyer say? I would appreciate if you can send me a PM with regard to this.
Many thanks,
jay2005

hello

can Anybody give some hints here? what kind of action DOL is going to take if the result of case rerun is not same as the first time's?

They will take the second as the final?

jay2005 said:
hi,
I am in the same boat like you or even worse . On friday, my employer got a sponsorship e-mail which he answered again. I had earlier filed perm on May13th which got denied within minutes. We refiled agin on June 2nd. Now, my june 2nd application is in final review. Since my employer responded again to the sponsorship e-mail my denied application is in audit review. Any suggestions? I don't know what's going on with DOL.They are not giving GC to all of the smart software guys like you all and end up with the worst system for perm. What did your lawyer say? I would appreciate if you can send me a PM with regard to this.
Many thanks,
jay2005

Final Review

Hello guys

My case is in Final Review!!!!!
What is the typical timeframe for PERM labor approval or do I have some thing to worry

Jay2005

My lawyer is plannig to withdraw those previously denied cases which were rerunned and are in sponsorship state.

He is waiting to get more info. Most likely that will be our step, unless the Final review gets screwed up.

God knows what this Final review is all about.

Good Luck to every one of us.

rajaabi

Thanks for the information.
let us wait and see. I am planning to talk to my lawyer as well.
jay2005

Perm help

Hi,

My online posting was for 60 days. But I am trying to avoid any advertisement in last 30 days. so can I write 45day instead of 60 in perm application although it was for 60 days.

Response appreciated

rest_2004_free ,
Yes, It is IT
guestGC,
Yes, My Job requires BS+6, I have 10 years experience.

Thanks
psam

rest_2004_free ,
Yes, It is IT
guestGC,
Yes, My Job requires BS+6, I have 10 years experience.

Thanks
psam

i have 4 perm applications in "Final Review". :D

All denied applicaiton went to Final Review"

And My Audit Review Application went to "Final Review" as well..

Total nonsense. DOL Rocks. :D

Denials With the PERM process.

Hi All,
My lawyer is telling me that there are many denials going on with the current PERM process and is because of the bugs in the new system. He has asked me to wait till it gets resolved. Can you guys let me know ur experiences and thoughts on this. Should I wait or go for it? has anyone got approvals thru PERM?
thanks in Advance.

labortrap said:
Hi,

My online posting was for 60 days. But I am trying to avoid any advertisement in last 30 days. so can I write 45day instead of 60 in perm application although it was for 60 days.

Response appreciated

labortrap,

I would suggest be honest to DOL. As we know, you can do one additional recruitment step in last 30 days of filing then why to lie. Be honest and you will get what you are looking for.

Not a question of lie to aviod any glitches still there

check what AILA Suggested, in Shusterman.com in 4th paragraph

4. PERM: Approvals and Denials Issued Under New System
On May 23, the Department of Labor's (DOL's) office in Chicago sent out the first PERM approvals. The next day, the DOL office in Atlanta followed suit.
Thus, as promised, DOL had made good on it's promise to approve PERM applications within six to eight weeks of submission.

However, the number of approvals was eclipsed by the number of denials. According to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), the denials can be roughly grouped into five categories, three of which have resulted from glitches in the online system and two of which are proper denials.

Proper PERM denials include the following:

PERM requires that the employer's actual street address be listed on form ETA-9089, not a P.O. Box. In order to verify the location of an employer, a street address is necessary. ETA-9089s which do not include the employer's street address will continue to be denied.

Attorneys and employers should list on form ETA-9089 online the recruitment which took place during the 180-day/30-day windows. The one exception to this is the one step permitted within 30 days for professional positions. Otherwise, recruitment which occurred prior to the 180-day window or within the past 30 days should NOT be included on the form. Such recruitment may be included in the audit file, but if it appears on the form itself, the PERM application will be denied.
PERM denials based on glitches in the online system include the following:

For professional positions, "more than one additional recruitment step was conducted less than 30 days from the date the application was filed." On these applications, clearly only one step was conducted during that 30-day window. Apparently, the program was improperly kicking out all recruitment conducted within the past 30 days.

For household domestic positions, denials were being erroneously issued for failure to post a notice despite 20 CFR 610(d)(2) which states that no posting is necessary for a worker in a household where there are no other U.S. workers.

"The alien's qualifications listed on the application do not meet [the minimum requirements stated on the application]." The answer to question H.6 (Is experience in the job offered required for the job?) had been yes, as had been the answer to question H.10 (Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable?). On those applications, question J.18 (Does the alien have the experience in the job offered required in H.6) was answered no, but question J.20 (Does the alien have the experience in the alternate occupation specified in H.10) was answered yes. This combination of answers should be acceptable, but the system was improperly kicking them out as denied.
In each of the above three instances, the DOL has acknowledged that decision logic of its program was in error, and states these problems have been fixed.
We will continue to report on the status of the PERM program.

Any withdrawals?

My first application was denied immediatelly. My second application which was filed 3 days after that was in Audit Review. After the rerun, Audit Review changed to Final review. The denied one changed to Sponsorship. Our email server was down this week and we haven't got any email about Sponsorship.

What happens if there is no reply to the email?

I am planning to withdraw the first case. Or should I leave both? I wonder if there are more than one application in the system will that trigger Audit review. Or is it normal? Is there anybody who withdrawed a PERM case? Please share your experiences. Thank you.