Anyone file PERM today?

Hi Alex,

In you last posting you said, you had and "Audit Review" status since April 19th.. So I guess it is taking them 60+ days to send audit letters.

huff..

Can I ask you something, how many employees does you company has and what was your title. Our company has only 4 employee and my title is also not a commont title.

Comments will be helpful

Good luck with document preparation

rajaabhi said:
Hi Alex,

In you last posting you said, you had and "Audit Review" status since April 19th.. So I guess it is taking them 60+ days to send audit letters.

huff..

Can I ask you something, how many employees does you company has and what was your title. Our company has only 4 employee and my title is also not a commont title.

Comments will be helpful

Good luck with document preparation

14 employees
Project Manager
EB-2
Master + 3 years

roseind - May9th said:
currently my company has 7 petitions pending..
Hi roseind,

just wondering what happened to your PERM case and the 6 others from your company. Any approals yet?

I am having a company wanting to file PERM for me but I have to rely on it working qickly since I cannot do 7th year extension after I leave my old employer (who has non-RIR with earlier PD pending but might cancel labor upon me leaving).

Thanks, gc_2006

Yup!

Thats what I guessed, its the size of the company thats been reflected in the "Audit Review".. I believe we will get the same.. What exactly is that bonafide doc requirement ???
What do they want documents to reflect??

My best wishes with you Alex. Atleast you have a human to dela with and no more hassle with computer code...

I hope Audit Result responses are quick too

sponsorship stage

Hi all,
I finally filed for my perm again and it is in the sponsorship stage. How long it takes to get the sponsorship e-mail from DOL to my employer? If we did not get the e-mail, should my employer call or send e-mail to DOL?. Anybody in a similar situation?
Afterthis, does it either go to the audit or review stage?
Thanks,
Jay2005

last year of H1 remaining

Hi Folks,

My 6 years of H1 expire in Aug 2006. Am I too late to file for a PERM GC/LC .?

Thanks in advance

What I have seen is as soon as the status is Sponsorship, the email is sent to the employer. And as soon as he answers thos 4 questions your stage changes to ????... In my case it went to "Audit Review". And has been status quo since then..

Good luck

thanks Rajaabhi . My employer has not yet got it. I don't know why. He has yahoo e-mail account. would that be a problem?
jay2005

I dont see a problem, but may be it went to the spam email.. Ask him to check it though. Also it is quite possible they (DOL) may be delaying the email.

My company size is 6 employees. My Case is "Audit Review" since last week of May.

Seems like Smaller your company is more chances are for "Audit Review"

Rajaabhi, Alexnepom --

Looks like they are auditing small companies..I have an Audit Review since May 19th..Details:

Company Size: 14
Category: EB2 + 3 Months
Title: Operations Research Analyst

I spoke to the Atlanta DOL..they said that my letter has been issued but has not yet left the building..they have no timeline for me for the mailing of this letter. I am assuming at this point that it will be atleast 20-25 more days before the letter are mailed out..Is it not amazing that they already have backlogs..

God bless this system.

rajaabhi said:
Yup!

Thats what I guessed, its the size of the company thats been reflected in the "Audit Review".. I believe we will get the same.. What exactly is that bonafide doc requirement ???
What do they want documents to reflect??

My best wishes with you Alex. Atleast you have a human to dela with and no more hassle with computer code...

I hope Audit Result responses are quick too

gcmail said:
Hi Folks,

My 6 years of H1 expire in Aug 2006. Am I too late to file for a PERM GC/LC .?

Thanks in advance

If it is August ending you could still try. Ads will taker atleast 60 + 15 = 75 days includes saturday and sunday. + PWD in your state may range from 3 days - 3 months !!!!.

Also see, if you can 'recapture' time outside US while on H1. Attorney's opinions differ on this but I know that few folks have been able to recover 2-3mos thereby pushing 6th year.

Is there any IT professional that filed PERM under EB2 qualifications?

Could you please share some details in your application? Thanks

can I use a job title that is not on the list?

Hello,

My company is working on a Perm for me and we'd like to try EB2. I am an international sourcing manager for a medium size company, MBA degree from US and more than 5 years working experience.

We've checked the job code list, however there is nothing related with sourcing. We'd like to use a title with analyst in it such as 'supply Chain analyst', as usually analyst would fall into zone5, SVP8( which can be qualified for EB2). I have seen 'Financial analyst', 'mamagement' analyst and etc in the list but no 'sourcing or supply Chain analyst'.

My question is
1. 'can I use a job title that is not on the list?'
2. Does anybody know how long it takes for a PWW request in Wisconsin?

Really appreciate any of your advice! Many Thanks!

lavendersummer said:
Could you please share some details in your application? Thanks

Well, not EB-2, but still good news: look under the link on the thread:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=177519

The guy seems to have filed as software engineer EB-3 and got approved really fast.

Here a report on PERM from the Murthy website (June 3rd):
This report of the first PERM approvals has been confirmed by some pleased attorneys. The cases are being processed well within the stated processing timeframes; a significant relief and improvement over the initial experiences with the PERM system. For approximately the first month of PERM, cases were not making it through the decision matrix in order to receive a substantive decision. Those filing cases encountered a variety of problems, causing them to be rejected or denied within minutes of filing, without undergoing a substantive review. The DOL, through William Carlson, Chief, Foreign Labor Certification Unit for the DOL, has acknowledged that there were glitches in the system that needed to be rectified.

According to DOL, since the PERM system began, March 28, 2005, approximately 15,000 employers have registered to file labor certification cases through the PERM system. As of the May 23rd meeting, a total of 3700 individual cases were in the system, either as saved draft applications or in other various stages. DOL acknowledges, however, that some of these could be duplicates.

Last edited by a moderator:
PERM Help

My company is urging me to file my GC..

I joined the company about 18 months back as a Manager but i have subsequently been promoted and I am currently working as a Vice President (VP), heading the management consulting team. My role involves managing and heading complex consulting projects, managing client communication and expectations, managing the consulting team and business development. I have a bachelors in technology and a masters in business administration from reputed universities and about 6 years on industry experience.

The key questions that i have are:

1. What are the different steps in leveraging PERM for filing the GC?
2. Does my job and educational/ work experience qualify for a EB2 filing?
3. Should I file as a Manager or as a VP ? My understanding is that if i file as a "Private sector executive" i get rated as job code 5.

I would appreciate any feedback on this.

Yes, I think you qualify for EB-2 - easily. You can probably apply as VP.

1: Hire a good lawyer and he will take care of all the steps. Even your HR can file PERM.
2: Yes
3: If I were you I'd apply in the title that has the most probability of being approved as EB-2 - VP.

Nice company yours, *urging* you to apply for GC. (Mine is urging me to _wait_ for 3 years and then apply in the final year of my H1B.)

Thanks,
-msh626