Anyone file PERM today?

Hi jdsd,

I haven't found that out yet - I am still worried. We are still in the SWA advertising phase and therefore could file PERM early July. I think this is so new that no one really knows an answer to that question yet.

jdsd said:
Question for gc_2006,

Did you get more information on your question, please do share as I am in the same situation regarding trying to file PERM while preserving an original priority date?

Also in my case my lawyer withdrew my prior Sept 2002 Regular labor petition and filed an RIR in Feb 2005. He says that PERM can be refiled while preserving the original Sept 2002 priority date (not Feb 2005) since the withdrawal of the old application is within the 210 day time period. I am not sure if that's possible.

Refiling PERM with preservation of priority dates

Thanks gc_2006 !

I wonder if there are others in the forum in similar situation, would be helpful to share experiences !

With the retrogression, I wonder what are the advantages of PERM vs. a Feb 2005 filed RIR.

PERM prevailing wage in Colorado

any body applied for PERM prevailing wage in CO,Colorado please let me know more details ?

Hi,

I am new to this forum and seek an answer on a very critical issue.

I came to US on August 1st 2000 and recently my company has been planning to apply my labor application under PERM in June 2005. My question is ,

1. What happens if the labor application gets rejected ? Will i be able to file an extention for one year (i.e. beyond august 2006)?

2. If after the first rejection , my company tries to persue the same and file labor application one more time , that will be in the month of september 2005 assuming that it takes about 2- 3 months for approval/rejection. I will then have less then 365 days left on my current visa period. What options do i have to get the one year extention?

3. If my labor gets applied on the second try, i would surely have less then 365 days left on my visa.. will i get an extention on my pending 140 application ?

Please reply to this as this seems to be a very critical stage at which i find myself right now.

Thanks,
Sam

>>1. What happens if the labor application gets rejected ? Will i be able to file an extention for one year (i.e. beyond august 2006)?<<

If it gets rejected you will not be able to extend.

>>2. If after the first rejection , my company tries to pursue the same and file labor application one more time , that will be in the month of september 2005 assuming that it takes about 2- 3 months for approval/rejection. I will then have less then 365 days left on my current visa period. What options do i have to get the one year extention?<<

None really. However UCSIS indicated in the Yates memo from 5/12/05 that they will be releasing guidance for PERM and 7th year extension soon. That means that they are probably going to change something related to the 365 days (hopefully make it such that you can file within 365 days and still extend...but that's my take at this point).

>>3. If my labor gets applied on the second try, i would surely have less then 365 days left on my visa.. will i get an extention on my pending 140 application ?<<

No, at this point the 365 days are the rule. However if it is a short time you missing, try to leave US for couple of weeks and recapture time (also any time you ever were out of the US since you first came on H-1B). That might push the date back such that you have again filed within 365 days before the end of H-1B.
Also, if you file I-140 and I-485 concurrently you can also apply for EAD and AP at that time (takes 2-3 months to get). You then need no H-1B visa anymore to work. Note: it is better to maintain H-1B status if possible, so this would be the last resort (but better than having to go home due to not being able to extend H-1B).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply, one more question
As you said i can apply I-140 and I-485 concurrently, is this applicable for EB2 and EB3?

Yes, for both EB-2 and EB-3. However if you are from a retrogressed country (e.g. china, india...) you can only file I-140 until the priority date comes current. Otherwise not a problem.

Urgent help needed --great gc, roseind and others

hi guys,
can you help me and give a copy of your job posting per perm regulations ,omiting your relevant personal details like pay etc, I would like to know especially what section and what address of DOl, whether to include fax and phone etc You can send a private message if you can. i am concerned about my job posting notice and their contents.
thanks
Jay2005

urgent help for job posting

Congrats,engee.
Can you email me a skeleton of you job posting notice that was put up on your employer worksite for 10 days. ( you can send it to me as a private message). Will greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Jay2005

job posting example

Hi engee,

that's about the best news I have heard about PERM so far. 9 days!!! - way to go! I am thinking that with more people applying we will see certifications taking the estimated 45-60 days.

This forum is really usefull.

My case was filed on 24th May and the Status now is " Audit Review"

My company filed LC on April 19th. It has “Audit Review” status since then. No any additional information received. Have anyone received audit letter?

Thank you.

Guys,
I've been seeing many posts where people seeing their status as Audit / Sponsorship etc... Where do you find out the status from? is there any website which shows the status ? is it accessible only to employer or you guys are getting that info from your employer?
Appreciate if someone could clear this...

thanks

Alexnepom said:
My company filed LC on April 19th. It has “Audit Review” status since then. No any additional information received. Have anyone received audit letter?

Thank you.

DSLstart said:
Guys,
I've been seeing many posts where people seeing their status as Audit / Sponsorship etc... Where do you find out the status from? is there any website which shows the status ? is it accessible only to employer or you guys are getting that info from your employer?
Appreciate if someone could clear this...

thanks

Here is the link.
http://www.plc.doleta.gov/

Your employer should be registered.

7th Year Extension

Guys need help

I am going to apply my labor by end of June 2005, can I apply the 7th year extension at the same time?
Fyi : My 6th year on H1B visa will be starting in Aug 2005, and i want to get the extension before that, so if the Labor gets rejected i can atleast have 7th year extension.

Thanks in Advance

MS + 0 yr exp.

It seems like there are quite a few folks going for MS + 0 yr exp. How do you recruit? I would imagine there will be tons of responses to the ads. I'd appreicate if you could share your information. Thanks.

Hello everybody! I am a first timer in this site and I found it very helpful for someone like me who don't have a thorough understanding about the PERM procedure. Thanks for sharing your experiences and insights :).

We were done doing the Prevailing Wage Determination done by DOLE, then we posted our newspaper ad for 2 consecutive sundays (May 22 and 29) then we just faxed our job order to dol just this morning and when I read greatgc's post, there was this 1st, 2nd, and 3rd recruitment effort. Is it the one that falls under the category of three advertising effort under PERM regulation? What else is the next step to do after this 3 recruitment effort? Thanks for anybody who can give me an insight of what will be the next step so as I will not just nod and nod (without understanding :confused: )to what my lawyer says. Any reply regarding this matter will be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

Certified!!!! From "final review" to "certified" is 28 days!!!
From atlante NPC.
See you next Forum(1-140 & 1-485).