Anyone file PERM today?

wi_lca said:
Hi Everyone,
Need advice....

Health care professional (not schedule A) with more than 8 yrs or experience. No issues with the wage. Employer ready to help with PERM.
How should i go ahead with the process....
questions..
1. Should I get a lawyer?
2. Should I go ahead and file or wait for a few months?
3. How do I understand the employment effort issue better.
4. Is there anything else i should know/worry about..
Thanks
Wi_lca

Best Case if you can convince the employer to file PERM application before you join. See if they already have PWD from SWA. If not have them file one, do the job posting etc before you join.

Re: lets start a PERM Tracker

Never see this file. The worst case if can't save as .PDF file, printing screen would be bad but working suggestion.

Here is a PERM TRACKER (Beta1)

Hello Folks

I have initiated a PERM tracker which is attached here. Please feel free to modify / add any fields you think might be vital. First entry (which is mine) has some comments on the format of each column. May be this is a beta version. Once all agree we can launch a final version. If everyone finds this one to be OK lets use this as a final version and start tracking.

CA_LC

Hi CA_LC
I am already working with this employer for last 2 yrs. I havent started any processing for greencard as it was being done with my spouse. Now with that process going so slow.. i am thinking about the PERM...
Thanks
Wi_lca

Yes, you can.. search for the denied case.. click on the case number. you can view in html format or you can save as a pdf file.

greatgc said:
Hi,

Q: Can we save the ALREADY DENIED application in the .pdf format on local machine?

How?

Thanks in advance.
Regards

Some PERM statistics

immigration-law.com

AILA's conference with the DFLC leaders on April 27, 2005 gives us a first opportunity to take a glimpse at the statistics of PERM processing as of 04/27/2005 (one month after the launch of 03/28/2005) as follows:
Total # of Employers Registered: 7,000+
PERM online draft saved but not yet submitted: 1,000+
# being processed: 700
Refiling with priority date preservation: 100
Unconfirmed sources indicate that the first PERM approvals may be sent out in the "very near" future

Question for gc_2006,

Did you get more information on your question, please do share as I am in the same situation regarding trying to file PERM while preserving an original priority date?

Also in my case my lawyer withdrew my prior Sept 2002 Regular labor petition and filed an RIR in Feb 2005. He says that PERM can be refiled while preserving the original Sept 2002 priority date (not Feb 2005) since the withdrawal of the old application is within the 210 day time period. I am not sure if that's possible.

gc_2006 said:
Hello,

this just occured to me due to the fact that so many PERM applications get denied right now (some with seemingly no errors in them even).
What if I file identical PERM application to prior non-RIR or RIR, cancel the earlier labor cert applications and try to attach their priority date to the PERM, and then PERM gets denied - the original date would be lost.
However what happens to the old priority date if I refile because the error is obvious and can be avoided with the next filing? Does that mean that re-filing is only an option for those without priority date issues?

GreatGC and Roseind
I sent a private message to both of you. I was wondering about the "Audit Review" Status. Did you hear anything about it. What does it mean and how long it has been like that.

thanks

Got LC?

My company got a mail.

The Department of Labor has made a determination on your Application for
Employment Certification pursuant to Title 20, Code of Federal Regulations,
Part 656 and as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended.

Form ETA 750 has been certified and is enclosed. This certification must be
attached to the I-140 petition and filed with the Immigration and
Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Eastern Service Center, 75
Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Regional Certifying Officer

Does it mean we get LC and could file I-140/I-485?
Can't beleive it

gtao said:
My company got a mail.

XXXXXX XXXXXX

Can't beleive it

from where did he get it ? is it from backlog center or PERM? what is PD for that case and did it made it to regional? shed some details pls.

Sorry

I want to share the detail but I don't have any.
We submited our case in Sep, 2003 and never heard it until today.
Our lawyer has no clue for our case and just last month we still met to discuss if we need to transfer to PERM.
My case is filed from Boston.

gtao said:
My company got a mail.

XXXXXX XXXXXX

Can't beleive it

Yes. Congrats! If I was you, I would be throwing a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig partei!