Anyone file PERM today?

harshy said:
I Totally Agree to Labor Trap. We have also applied for PWD in NY and now it is more than 3 weeks...

NOW WE WILL HAVE PBWBEC...

:confused:

We have applied mine with the CA SWA on 15th March. It will be over a month this week, have not received the PW yet!

Question for the people applied for PERM

Hi Folks,

Have a question to those who have applied for PERM labor.

1) For what position was it applied?
2) From which state?
3) EB2 or EB3?
4) Which salary range?

I am askign this as I came to know from my lawyer that for IT industry workres, labor dept is makign tough to file PERM in EB2.
And also teh salary should be around 100K.

Thanks.

Perm Eb-2/eb-3

Hi guys,

Based on my reading in this forum (and others) looks like filing under EB-2 is much much harder (position needs to be a manager, salary > 90K, etc).

All the threads I have read so far are related to jobs in private IT industry. Mine is little different, I am working in a university and my position title is Associate Scientist. My job requires MS (computer science/IT/related field) + 3-4 years of experience. Part of my job also entails system development, programming, etc. And ofcourse because I am at the univeristy I dont get paid very highly (~60k).

My question is, will it be feasible to file EB-2 under PERM or will I get stuck in EB-3 (retrogression as I am from India)? Any thoughts/suggestions will be greatly helpful.

thanks,

univGC said:
Hi guys,

Based on my reading in this forum (and others) looks like filing under EB-2 is much much harder (position needs to be a manager, salary > 90K, etc).

All the threads I have read so far are related to jobs in private IT industry. Mine is little different, I am working in a university and my position title is Associate Scientist. My job requires MS (computer science/IT/related field) + 3-4 years of experience. Part of my job also entails system development, programming, etc. And ofcourse because I am at the univeristy I dont get paid very highly (~60k).

My question is, will it be feasible to file EB-2 under PERM or will I get stuck in EB-3 (retrogression as I am from India)? Any thoughts/suggestions will be greatly helpful.

thanks,

Contact an attorney. Your title might be eligible to apply for EB2. salary should not matter, if it satisfies the level 3 or 4 wage for your title at your area. University Professors (dont know about scientists) has a special process listed on ETA 9089. Refer that.

question

roseind said:
the reason for denial are 1) Prevailing wage and 2) notice to bargaining representative.. My employer said even though they selected N/A for bargaining representative check box.. dol system takes as "No".. I think dol will fix this error.. and they are going to submit again with 4 level prevailing wage on Friday..

Hello roseind,

I heat that the DOL will send out "explanation letter" or some kind of letter for the denied case.

Did your comapny receive any such letter by now?

Thanks

PWR for H1b and PERM

Hi,
I am a new beginner. I plan to apply H1b and then PERM soon. Is the system of the prevailing wage for H1b is same as PERM?
If yes, that means I can save time on PERM process by using the PWR from H1b application?
Thanks a lot for information.
crcr

PERM denial e-mail??

Hey folks...

I have a question -

Those who have already filed under PERM, and unfortunately the case was denied, was there ANY EMAIL of denial generated from the syetem automatically and sent to the filing person?

Our case was denied early in April and we never received the email from the DOL for denial message. Some one told me, we should have received the denial email.

Thanks for feedback in advance, now I am worried about my case. can that get lost even in system? :mad:

PERM Filing status

To those who successfuly filed in PERM, is you case status "Pending Sponsorship"? Mine was filed a week ago and the status is still "Pending Sponsorship". Please share, thanks.

smile_sac

Smile_Sac,

Did you receive any sort of e-mail notification of after pressing "submit" button?

Thanks

My case is in "Pending sponsorship" status. Filed March 28.

smile_sac said:
To those who successfuly filed in PERM, is you case status "Pending Sponsorship"? Mine was filed a week ago and the status is still "Pending Sponsorship". Please share, thanks.

My PERM case status has been change today.

Case filed March 28. Status changed from "Pending sponsorship" to "sponsorship".
I've noticed that there are totally 10 kinds of status:
C-hold, Certified, Denied, Draft, Pending sponsorship, Recruitment, Redirected, Sponsorship, Submitted, Withdraw.

questions

bulldoghu:

Seems a good sign to me.
Also-do u mind ansering the folloing questions?
1. Is it Eb-2 or Eb-3 filing?
2. Is this a brandnew case ,u r trying to preserve the priority date by converting the old one to the new one?

3. did u have bussiness necessity check marked yes?

Thanks!

bulldoghu said:
Case filed March 28. Status changed from "Pending sponsorship" to "sponsorship".
I've noticed that there are totally 10 kinds of status:
C-hold, Certified, Denied, Draft, Pending sponsorship, Recruitment, Redirected, Sponsorship, Submitted, Withdraw.

what might that status mean

bulldog, what might the status mean?

is it wise to send PERM application by mail or internet, considering computer denials like roseind etc had?

Audit Review

What is your case status today.. my case status is "audit review" yesterday it was "sponsorship"..

bulldoghu said:
ask my chair to open an account. then do it myself.

My case is still in "sponsorship" status.

What does "audit review" mean?

Are you with a company? How many employees are there in your company?