Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

bps01 said:
Chriz
I had my EAD FP done in brooklyn ASC (applcation support center) but havent got my 485 FP notice, so was wondering if there is any place that do FP on long Island as I live in long Island so my interview will be in garden City. Where did you go for you FP ?

well, i don't think have any choices on when/where you do your 485 FP.
it is all arranged by USCIS, if they ask you to go to brooklyn, that MEANS you have to go to brookly. If you get your interview notification, that letter states where/when you go for interview, you can't go to your local DO coz your file isn't there.
beaware that you follow EXACTLY what USCIS tells you.

good luck.

Garden City Interview today at 1-30-06

I had the exact same experience as the post below. Said everything looked good except I am still pending Security Clearance. If within 90 days I don't get my card, they said to write to them. No stamp. The officer wroter her name and my case status (pending 248 or 245, can't read the writing) on my passport.

ravekiss said:
I had an interview at Garden City yesterday, Interviewing officer was nice. He checked our tax forms, affidavit of support, bank & credit card statements, photographs, marriage & birth certificates, and my husband's certificate of citizenship. He asked me how we met and the regular questions off the application (if you ever commited a crime, prostitution etc.). He told us that everything looks good and once we passed the security clearance, I should receive the card in the mail. No stamp.

congrats on your sucessful interview... could you please share what all Q did they ask you and what evidence were you required to present ?

ravekiss said:
Any other Garden City successes recently?
my immigration lawyer told me that one of his client had an interview on last friday at garden city, took 10 mins at the most. asked some basic questions.
he told that the first expression is very important, just answer all the qs truthfully, and relax

approved after a 2nd fingerprint

hi guys, my case at garden city was just approved last week after a long long wait. i had interview there in Oct 05, oral approved without any stamp, and told to wait for the card soon. in Dec 05, i was asked to redo the fingerprint, because the first one done in Sep 04 was expired. after fingerprint, waiting again, until last week, I-130 was approved and then I-485 as well. now waiting for the physical card. NY city is extremely slow, though everyone is complaining the same problem, no action can be taken. i didn't ask help from congressman, though a lot of people tried. i think they ARE speeding up in some way, still long wait. for my case, it took exactly 2 years totally, i didn't have the conditional one at all though my husband is a legal, sincere US citizen. i guess all i can say is to try all kinds of method you can to enhance the processing of your case. good luck to everyone.

I hope things workout for all of us here. I am also schedule for the 485/AOS Interview in April 2006. I am just crossing my fingures for now...

-Arjun

arjun96 said:
I hope things workout for all of us here. I am also schedule for the 485/AOS Interview in April 2006. I am just crossing my fingures for now...

-Arjun

arjun
what is ur ND for the 485

I hope things work out for all of us here. I am also scheduled for the 485/AOS interview at Garden City in April 2006. I am just crossing my fingures. It has been a long wait (3 years) for this interview!

Arjun

Arjun
ND orNotification date is the date we refere here to as the date INS issued your application a recipt number abd thats the date on the MSC recipts you get.
my ND is Nov 10 2005

SaraJones said:
Has anyone's AOS been approved recently in Garden City? And did you get a stamp in the passport and have you received your GC?
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I had my interview there on Dec 5th 2005.
I was expecting my passport to get stamped, but the interviewer said no.
He said that it would take 2 - 12 weeks to get the GC.
Now my EAD expires next week, and Im frustrated :mad:

trini0 said:

Trini0,

Could you please share with us what questions did that ask you and what all documents did they demand in the interview?

trini0 said:
just renew it, there is nothing we can do about it. also make infor pass and see whether you can get walk-in stamp(if you have to travel outside of states or some)

bps01 said:
Trini0,

Could you please share with us what questions did that ask you and what all documents did they demand in the interview?
here is the list that i have right now,
1. IDS
2. marriage certi.
3. tax returns (last year, need to order a copy for 2003, i have this year w-2, haven't filed yet)
4. employer letter and pay stubs
5. lease for rent (both names, gas and elec are included)
6. joint bank ack.
7. joint life insurance (my wife and i all have our own healthy insurance through our own companies)
8. car insurance that our both names on it
9. verizon phone bills that our both names on it
10. photos
11. some junk mails
12. x-mas cards that were sent by friends (both names on them)
13. birth certi.
14. passports and make sure copy every page of it.
15. receipt that our names on it
16. my ba degree from college.
17. maybe i need a letter from a friend? (not sure about this one)

that is all what i can think of, make sure that you make a copy of everything
and only answer the questions that they ask for. submit items they only ask for.
just relax.

forgot, dress a little bit nice, and bring all the papers that immigration sent you. your EDAS, and all required stuff.

actually everything is clearly stated on your i-485 interview notification.

good luck

bps01 said:
Trini0,

My case is a mother/son (Im the son, and she is a USC).
The questions were few, and mundane, like ->
Where do you live?
Is she your mother?
Were you arrested?
The documents we brought, were listed on our interview invitation.
I was confident with the questions & paperwork.
The only thing that we spent time on was on whether or not I was arrested.
I was only ticketed for driving without a license, but confident and stern with my response.
It lasted about 10 minutes, and he didnt want to stamp my passport.
He said "The case looks approvarable", and that the card should come in 2 - 12 weeks.
I hope it dosent take longer than that because, I could have started my EAD renewal since then, so life doesnt get interrupted...

chrisz said:
just renew it, there is nothing we can do about it.
The point I'm trying to make is that my life is going to get interrupted,
if the GC doesn't come within the 2 - 12 weeks...
If I had known that it would take longer, I would have started the process of
renewal back then.
But I did mail in my EAD renewal late January.
So lets see which one comes in first...

chrisz said:
just renew it, there is nothing we can do about it. also make infor pass and see whether you can get walk-in stamp(if you have to travel outside of states or some)

If GC has been approved, but no card yet and no stamp in the passport, then EAD application would be denied as applicant is already a PR. The process of stamping on the passport is not consistent. Some "old school" officers still do it, but the newer ones follow the law as it is no longer required to stamp the passport to prevent fraud. If GC is approved, there is no card in the mail and its been a long wait, applicant should get infopass, go to the DO and get the I-551 stamp on the passport for employment and travel purposes till the actual card arrives. USCIS should atleast do that this time.

On the other hand, if the officer stated that the case is still pending background check and cannot approve the GC, the it definitely makes sense to renew EAD.

I know the USCIS DO's on the east coast are harsh with the I-485 interviews. Someone earlier had posted a document on how to be prepared for the worst interview. I have attached that document on the first post of the AOS Interview Timeline thread. Pls give it a reading as it covers the worst case scenarios and prepares you for the worst.