Anyone been approved in Garden City, NY, recently?

that's exactly what they wrote in my husband's passport. they told us the case is pending and can take up to 90 days for the greencard to reach us....patience is a virtue.

Got welcome letter today

Hello everyone,
I just received the Welcome Notice and I-130 Approval in the mail today, the two letters. One under my name "welcome notice" and the I-130 under my wife's name. also my online status changed again to:
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On March 24, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Got the CARD !!!

Yesterday, I received the welcome letter and today I got the card in the mail :)

Did anybody receive an approval notice for the I-130 application (petition for spouse). In my case, neither did the I receive any notice nor did the status date change.

Good luck to everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
NO luck yesterday! We ended up not going to Garden City because something came up again. I tried getting in touch with the officer with no luck. I called multiple times, used brkln’s tips and achieved nothing.

jdawg9 did you call?

I went to my congresswoman office and got out of there so angry. I got to talk to her stuff only, and it was a girl who was new there and probably around 25 to 27 years old. She told me that the only thing she can do for me is to mail a request for the case update and that it will probably take them months to replay to. She also added a comment that sometimes it takes years to resolve a case. Great, ha? Good way to stay positive!!! :( She also said that she can’t do anything more than the request letter, because she can’t play the role of an advocate. Whatever… So I was nicely trying to ask whether she could call Garden City on my behalf or whatever and she said that she would have to ask her college (who was not there that day)about that who has been working there for 12 years so obviously (her exact word) he knows more than she does!!!! I was so pissed off. She was just being ridiculous!

bklyn2006 and Amherst22 congratulations!!! ? I am so jealous ;)

talk to you later guys!!!

no i didn't call. still waiting for my lawyer's advice on calling him or not.

but i did call my congresswoman's office and they were nice and e-mailed me the release form for the immigration cause. its already filled out and ready to go waiting my lawyers advice.

sorry about your experience with your congresswoman's office.

marion_etka said:
NO luck yesterday! We ended up not going to Garden City because something came up again. I tried getting in touch with the officer with no luck. I called multiple times, used brkln’s tips and achieved nothing.

jdawg9 did you call?

I went to my congresswoman office and got out of there so angry. I got to talk to her stuff only, and it was a girl who was new there and probably around 25 to 27 years old. She told me that the only thing she can do for me is to mail a request for the case update and that it will probably take them months to replay to. She also added a comment that sometimes it takes years to resolve a case. Great, ha? Good way to stay positive!!! :( She also said that she can’t do anything more than the request letter, because she can’t play the role of an advocate. Whatever… So I was nicely trying to ask whether she could call Garden City on my behalf or whatever and she said that she would have to ask her college (who was not there that day)about that who has been working there for 12 years so obviously (her exact word) he knows more than she does!!!! I was so pissed off. She was just being ridiculous!

bklyn2006 and Amherst22 congratulations!!! ? I am so jealous ;)

talk to you later guys!!!

Marion you have congresswoman Maloney right? That's so weird, my experience with her was really good. I never dealt with her personally though- and frankly I didn't care really, who I was dealing with, as long as someone tried to help. I just printed out the release form, mailed it in along with a heartfelt letter (which was signed by my USC hubby). I figured if I wrote to them, they wouldn't care as much because they won't or rather, can't get my vote.
I got a call from someone less than 24 hrs later. I have no idea who I spoke with but she was so so helpful and she gave me her name and number incase of anything else- but I didn't need to call. I did call later and left a message thanking her for all her help though.

I'm very surprised you didn't have a positive experience. Maybe you should try and call? Okay, you know what, on Monday, when i go to work,I'm going to try and find the person's name and number- in case I still have the notepad I wrote it on (50-50 chances to be honest).

It would be really great justfiled if you could find that number. If not, my plan is that first we will go to Garden City sometime this week and if we don't get any answers, I will either try to get in contact with "the colleague", because she told me his name or I will try to make an appointment with the congresswoman herself.

Oh yeah yeah.. it is Maloney.

I just realized that I misspelled the word "colleague" in my previous post. LOL that is so funny because instead I wrote "college"

:D

Anyway, I will keep you guys posted and thanks again for all the support and help :)

ok, I'll try my best, but I did all this back in August. I remember she called my cell # when I was out at work and I jotted it down on a pad. I just gotta look for it lol. Keep yr fingers crossed.

Marion, I'm so sorry but I don't think I have the person's info anymore. I looked everywhere. I must've written it on a piece of paper and thrown it out when the work was done.

Nope, no updates from my end :mad:

Nothing!

JDAWG9:
No update as for now in my case.
Tomorrow I will mail a letter addressed to the interviewer signed by my husband and I, requesting for the status of the interview.
I let you know if anything come up.
Bye!

I called today....using Marion_etka's extension for our officer. No one picks up and there is no voice mail set up for him.

i also spoke to my lawyer and he said that he advices against using congressman or woman's office yet. he said that my case is well within the average time for processing and i should wait a little and save this TOOL for when is really needed.

it has now been 1 month since my interview and no decision yet. I also have not yet heard from anyone.

jdawg, I agree with your lawyer. From what I've been hearing and reading, the normal time for clearance is about 3 months (of course there are those lucky ones that get it much much faster). Some interviewed in Nov/ Dec just got cleared.

That's the reason I'm going to wait too- I don't think it's time yet to go running to my congresswoman again. The first time I went, I had a valid muck up that needed to be resolved and it couldn't be done by me- or so it seemed.

I'm sure they'd (as in the congress person) intefere and try to help if the case really required help, but if everyone who just had interviews went running up to them for their help, they would probably get annoyed.

But hey, I totally understand your frustration. We're all in the same god awful boat! Glad we have a support system so we can whine away in glory to each other. :p
I'm desperately trying to keep myself busy and not think about this because, the more anxious I get, the longer the wait will seem.

So everytime you get anxious, just whine a few words and keep this thread alive and I'll whine back or someone else will. We'll be the 'whining while we wait' club
:D

Received the Green Card by mail today

Hello Everyone,

I just received the Physical card by mail today.
IR6 class: 10 years
they wrote that Resident since: 1/27/06
although I interviewed on 1/19/06
I don't know why, but who cares...
I wish everyone good luck and send me private message if you need any help.
Chrisz good luck man, don't worry you will be just fine.

:) so now I got the green card, what can I do with it :)

bklyn2006,

Congrats, all the best to you and thanks for all sharing your experience here with us.

keep in touch sometimes, [it give us hope] :D

justfiled thank you soooooooo much for looking but as you will read my message you will realize it is OK. But really!!! Thank you anyway!!! :)

OK, so I got some good news today!!!
The girl form the congresswoman's office called so now I feel bad for b...ing about her. But in any case, she said she called Garden City and asked about my case. Supposedly, it has been approved but for some reason (she said the person she talked to did not know why either) nobody bothered to inform me about it. She also said she will request action in my case in writing so I am hoping that everything will be OK. Ok I have to go now but will come back soon.