Anyone Applied for Re-entry permit in JULY GOT ANYTHING BACK

LOOSERD

Registered Users (C)
Dear Forum,

I have applied for a Travel document @ the end of July and i haven't gotten anything back yet. Acoording to their timeline they are processing Upto JUly 14 please update so we can have an idea as to where they at.

God bless to all beloved forum members.

Expedited?

i just included a letter with the application telling them i need t go to japan
to attend a religion ceremony for my new born child in august, and i included
my child birth certificate in the envelope, after that i received the RP
after 2 weeks, i was really shocked, i never expect it i will get approved very fast

I tried everything, nothing seems to work, I faxed, wrote letters, telephoned but nothing. I guess it is due to my pending security clearnace with the name check for me PR Card.

applied in april 2007 for RTD and nothing. my bro applied for asylum and nothing or no decision from asylum office for 3 months now.

nothing is gonna work with the USCIS until a lawsuit is filed.

I have been checking the processing times for Nebraska (where my case is).

Well..it took them 6 months to get to July...then about 2 weeks ago they went back to processing June cases.

I need to take a trip to Europe this summer and I can't risk buying a ticket without the RP.

I filed my at the 30th of July...... nada...

I also noticed that a few weeks ago the processing date actually retrogressed from 14th of July to now the 8th of June.

so about 12 months timeframe for RTD that's valid for one year?

why USCIS takes 12 months to issue RTD valid for one year?
rediculious! and now these days, asylum decision no longer seem to be within 2 weeks, asylum decision from asylum office is few months to few years.

and after that with a judge, longer time too.

so messed up!

rediculious! and now these days, asylum decision no longer seem to be within 2 weeks, asylum decision from asylum office is few months to few years.
so messed up!

Well your brother's case is very unique, and something else is going on in his case. At work I still see asylum decisions after 2 weeks sharp... very rare I see a delay on their decisions... unless security checks (namecheck, background) are pending... or they are investigating the case to referred it to a judge.

A practical solution

A little more than a year ago, the INS increased the application fees on many processes. I believe the increase on RTDs was about 205% or so to become $305. Of course, if one measures it from the time it was $65 (about eight years ago), the increase is more than 469%.

As we can see, the INS has delivered on its promise of efficient and “world-class” service. Those who use the RTD are very happy to receive the document with one month to spare on its validity. This actually goes well with the immigration authorities of the various other countries when they issue visas to those of you using the RTD for travel.

I think it is high time that the INS increases its fees. We will be happy to shell out more for such service.

Director Gonzalez, how about $500 or even $750 for the one-year RTD processed under the current timeline? I am sure we will be able to prop the shortfall to the Federal coffers due to the impending recession?

Cheerio

so messed up!

Well your brother's case is very unique, and something else is going on in his case. At work I still see asylum decisions after 2 weeks sharp... very rare I see a delay on their decisions... unless security checks (namecheck, background) are pending... or they are investigating the case to referred it to a judge.

Agree with that (for the most part). They have an incentive to conclude asylum cases quickly because the applicant becomes eligible for a work permit after 180 days. As far as I know most asylum cases are decided quickly.