Anybody left from 2001

I called the main customer service number to check status of my case and mainly of my service request. The first level agent was very nice and polite, and after determining that he won't be able to help me, he escalated the request and transferred me to another person. That conversation was quite 'interesting'.

After taking all the details,
- She: "no officer has yet been assigned to your service request"
- Me (incredulously): "it has been six weeks since I created service request, and no officer has been assigned?"
- She: "we have received email from the local office, but we receive lot of such requests"
- Me: "so what do you want me to i do now?"
- She: "you have to wait"
- Me: "for how long?"
- She: "wait for three weeks. we have many such requests"
- Me (partly in frustration): "yeah ... but i have been waiting for seven years!!"
- She: "you filed this application just last year. what do you mean you are waiting for seven years?"
- Me: "I am talking about the whole greencard process!"
- She: "before this application you were on h1 visa, so that was not Greencard process"
- Me: "well the whole process has been going on for several years"
- She" "you were on h1 before this application, so that was not Greencard process"
- Me: "well, i was including the time for labor certification and I140 approvals. Isn't that part of Greencard process?"
<silence>
- She: "Is there anything else i can help you with?"
- Me: "May I have your agent Id number"
- She: "No" and hung up on me.

Hope this conversation doesn't 'cost' me anything!

It is so frustrating !!! Six weeks after creating service request, they haven't even assigned an officer !!! I have taken another Infopass appointment, and will see what the status is.

================================================== ===========

PD - EB3 India, Sub Labor - Jun 2001
485 - RD Jun 2007
1st FP - Aug 2007
FBI NC - Pending (checked in May 2008)
1st SR - May 2008 (waiting for response)

rvd - you need to call the Service Center and find out what's going on, open a service request at least, with your PD and EB2 category you should have had your GC sometiem last year.

rvd - you need to call the Service Center and find out what's going on, open a service request at least, with your PD and EB2 category you should have had your GC sometiem last year.

In 2005 my case was transfered to San Francisco local office. In 2007 it was transfered from San Francisco to Philadelphia local office. In 2007 and last year I was following up very closely with the local office. But it was not very helpful. I wrote to the senator also.

I am planning to pay another visit to the SFO local office and see if there is any progress in my case.