Anybody from 2002 left (Stuck in Name Check)

one of you

Folks,
I am one of you, waiting forever and just about to give up.
I placed an inquiry with the US CIS about a week ago and here is what I got "Your application is undergoing preliminary screening and will be assigned to an Officer when the process is complete". If this preliminary screening (I presume "name check") is taking 2.5 years, I guess I am really screwed. My case isn't even assigned to an officer after all this time. I work for the goverment contractor and that does not help any given the fact that I had to have a background check and hence a record in some database. The company attorney is absolutely uselless and I should recommend them visiting this forum to learn a thing or two. I had e-mailed fbi back in December, no reply. I tried contacting senator, they would not even bother sending the paperwork that they promised. Does this humiliation ever end? Where is the liberty and justice ? How does one go about performing demading work duties after continually being treated as a second class citizen? Old timers, where do you guys get your hope and strength? Sad, isn't? :mad:

i only submitted 485 last april but I can feel your pain

the name-checking thing is just endless.

there is no upper bound on how much time fbi can take to complete it.

I really wonder whether the fbi has rejected any person because a problematic background.

in the end, all of us turn out cleared but who is going to compensate for the pain and suffering caused by this.

Degas said:
Folks,
I am one of you, waiting forever and just about to give up.
I placed an inquiry with the US CIS about a week ago and here is what I got "Your application is undergoing preliminary screening and will be assigned to an Officer when the process is complete". If this preliminary screening (I presume "name check") is taking 2.5 years, I guess I am really screwed. My case isn't even assigned to an officer after all this time. I work for the goverment contractor and that does not help any given the fact that I had to have a background check and hence a record in some database. The company attorney is absolutely uselless and I should recommend them visiting this forum to learn a thing or two. I had e-mailed fbi back in December, no reply. I tried contacting senator, they would not even bother sending the paperwork that they promised. Does this humiliation ever end? Where is the liberty and justice ? How does one go about performing demading work duties after continually being treated as a second class citizen? Old timers, where do you guys get your hope and strength? Sad, isn't? :mad:

name check sucks

I am on the same boat as you. I sent email to fbi about name check 2 months before. no reply.

for name check status, can i send a fax? is there any fax number, etc?

Piyushind said:
Is anybody from 2002 left? My case is stuck because of Name Check Clearance.

Piyushind
RD 01/07/02
ND 01/10/02

Kanu2000 said:
I am on the same boat as you. I sent email to fbi about name check 2 months before. no reply.

for name check status, can i send a fax? is there any fax number, etc?
They entertain only email inquires these days, and it takes about 5 months for them to reply. :mad:

Found today...stuck in Security check

Though i am not a 02 filer, decided to post anyway....
Question to all guru's....what is the max waiting time in security check.
I know it is strange question....any idea of the wait time for me ?

My details :

EB3 India PD 06/01
I-485 RD 05/03
1st FP 03/04
Biometrics 06/05.
I-485 AD...??? :rolleyes:

I heard up to 3 years

I heard some people have been stuck in name-check for close to three years now,
not to scare you since I am stuck in name-check too.

Actually, I wonder whether there is a upper bound of time that FBI will take to process name check.

FBI is definitely taking it lightly.

getnkk said:
Though i am not a 02 filer, decided to post anyway....
Question to all guru's....what is the max waiting time in security check.
I know it is strange question....any idea of the wait time for me ?

My details :

EB3 India PD 06/01
I-485 RD 05/03
1st FP 03/04
Biometrics 06/05.
I-485 AD...??? :rolleyes:

Does this mean all checks are completed ?

I have this message for more then a year after filing 485.

On June ??, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Does this mean that all checks are completed ?

PD : March'02.
FP : June'04
Biometrics : June'05. ; LUD changed after that but no message change.

that is just for finger print

uscis website has no indication of your name check status.

sunny27 said:
I have this message for more then a year after filing 485.

On June ??, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Does this mean that all checks are completed ?

PD : March'02.
FP : June'04
Biometrics : June'05. ; LUD changed after that but no message change.