• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any Winner from Nigeria yet???

All results are updated once.so there is no release of results in bits.i do not think there is seizure of some results and then later released.this is not exams.

Am a Nigerian Selectee and by His Grace a winner. Just hoping to hear from other winners and share the joy. I would appreciate any useful tips and advise in completion of the forms and all what not.

I was thinking i am the only winner here....can other winners please show up so we can all share ideas ......ice15g,congrats and wishing you all the best in the days ahead.

Hello friends,
I am Donatus, residing in Lagos, I am one of this year winners.
I checked my status on the 16th July,11, My Case Number: 2012AF*********

@Scite: I'm not a winner yet...but i will neither give up cos it virtually cost me nothing to keep trying.
Congrats to all the winners!

Just pray that on wednesday the house of judiciary does not end the dv for good.This year might be your last one.

Just pray that on wednesday the house of judiciary does not end the dv for good.This year might be your last one.

Don't be silly. The House Judiciary Committee cannot end the DV Program. All they can to is report the bill to the House for a vote. Even if the House votes in favor, then the bill would have to go to a Senate committee for consideration, then possibly the Senate floor and only then, if the Senate votes in favor would the Lottery be canceled. This whole process takes time and while the House would most likely back up the bill (it's in the hands of the Republicans) I don't think the Senate will (Dems majority there). I am confident that the DV Program will end as part of a comprehensive immigration reform bill...this will take at least a year or two to pass. There will be DV2013 for sure.

I wish we ave time to apply again.But You may be surprised how things go especially wat thyre saying about national security and bringing people who compete with americans for jobs..Lets just wait and see.

I wish we ave time to apply again.But You may be surprised how things go especially wat thyre saying about national security and bringing people who compete with americans for jobs..Lets just wait and see.

There is nothing to wait for or see. I know how the system works. I live in this country. The DV Program will eventually be discontinued but it takes time for a statued to be implemented. The lottery is stupid and outdated and it doesn't make any sense it oftentimes brings in people who have no idea what they are coming here for. Anyways, it's too late to stop DV2013...it might be the very last lottery, that's for true, but there will be at least one more next year before they pull the plug.

P.S. There have been numerous attempts to close the DV Program, in 2005 a bill even passed the House but never moved on to the Senate floor and was killed. So don't panic.

O.K.I get your point.You may laugh but sometimes l also think this glitch was staged.Why?
Because they had tried to pass the bill but in vain.Now they can do it easily because of the publicity it got.

O.K.I get your point.You may laugh but sometimes l also think this glitch was staged.Why?
Because they had tried to pass the bill but in vain.Now they can do it easily because of the publicity it got.

It's their country and they can do whatever they want to! They are not obliged to offer you or give you anything. Here many people act as if the US Government is supposed to serve their whims and go out of its way to give them immigrant visas based on a lottery. The DV Program is a free and easy way to get a 'case number' and apply for permanent residency; it's something one should take as a benevolence on the part of the US. Most of us have to work really hard, get an education, find a job, get someone to sponsor us, pay thousands of dollars in fees and wait for many many years to get a green card. The lottery is an entrance thru the back door. It's cheap and some people can end up with a green card in just a few months...all this based on pure luck.

Yeah.Its free they dont owe us blah blah blah.But notifying people that theyve won.Let them fill forms and tell them to go to hell.Thats bad.People have feelings mann.But people are coping now slowly.

Hi,

Just want to let you all to know that a Nigerian Won! I count myself fortunate....

lol

i am a nigerian and yes i am a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i need someone to put me thru the forms filling