• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Any Winner from Nigeria yet???

@Cliff: i still have a number of entries,do you suggest that i should suspend the checking probably they're still updating Afircan data...but i doubt it.

They should close the lottery for all i care. What stop them from reinstating the previous 22k and adding this new draw to it.. We can barely find winners in this redraw. This is a scam. This congressmen know what they are doing

Because the previous draw on 1 May was not random since they had a technical problem aka someone messed up. BTW there were 100,000 "selectees" on May 1, but only 22k had checked their result. The right thing to do was to simply draw again so everyone has equal chance of winning. The chance has always been very low...live with it.

Dv-2012 july 15th result must be redrawn this is becoming messy

Why? What's wrong with this one? There is 1-2% chance of winning -- pretty low. Everything so far seems right. There are winners from Africa and Nigeria. Just wait a bit; it has been 3:30 hrs since they opened up the site. If there is no one/very few in a day or two then you can start complaining but I doubt there's gonna be a problem.

@Lummie, keep checking, u never know. Am in texas studying, all my African/Nigerian friends have checked, not even one were selected. Last year, within 30min, we had 9 winners. I still believe winners from Nigeria will soon show up. keep checking.

@S-Owoh: i never knew you were a 9ja with your comment i saw on a thread where u made a statement connecting 9ja winners with lagos flood.

I am US born my husband is 9ja He leaves it to me to handle immigration affairs and understand US law

The serious would be US immigrant where the once that submitted application on the 5th and 6th. It is close to 4hrs now,no Winners from Nigeria and Africa. They better update their database,because i am going to check mine later and hopefully be selected.

Seriously, something must be wrong somewhere!! Being that Nigeria/Africa are the most selected in these DV program thing, then we should have at least recorded some few winners by now!!! #Justsaying

Sure,Ndubisi... There should be some winners from Africa now if something is not wrong. And no winner yet from this community which strange also.

My friends
I am not from Nigeria/Africa but I think the number of winners is very very low! wait for another email from KCC that tell you that: unfortunately the computer program was wrong and it selected 0 people for dv 2012!!! check the dv lottery site for 15/ October for your result!

They are playing with us!

@S_Owoh: Ok, you definately know much about Nigeria.
@Cliff: i'm somehow discouraged but i'll keep my finger crossed,i was even thinking that probably they are still rationing the winning ratio among african countries and if so,to avoid double work i think maybe i should stop...besides i know i'm wrong cos Americans don't do things like that. So i'm back to work, I'll let you guys know if there is a positive development.

Same here folks. I check 4 mahsef & 4 other peoples but none was selected. No winner from 9ija yet.....Something gotta wrong somewhere!!!!

Or cud it hav been dsame dilemma DOS had in DV2011 wen some selectees got winning notification letter by postal mail but their status on ESC says not selected. Though, this was later corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:
do we have any winner yet?

Not yet, lets wait till tomorrow! It's mid night in 9ja now, so people wouldn't be checking their status now! But it's really weird that no single winner has emerged from Nigeria till now being that Nigeria is one of the countries that normally records the highest number of winners!!