ANY UPDATE ON AMENDED I-140 Receipt Notice for cases filed in MAY - IGATERS

No Title

I talked to VSC today. My amended I-140 was filed on April 25th. Still no receipt. It is not even in VSC system. I do not know what is going on.

No Title

Don\'t Worry vsc9909. I just received an email from ESC that LD has started receiving the receipt notices for the cases file during the last week of April and I was asked to hold on till next week. Mine was filed on May 4th. When we don\'t receive the receipt notice is that means that no one is working on our amended I-140 cases. If so, it\'s really sad that we lost more than one and half months time frame. Don\'t know what to do other than just keep thinking.

No Title

Not to mention atleast 4 months of wasted time during the HOLD. These cases could have been completed in those 4 months. FATE and LUCK.

No Title

Do you know how long will it take to get the approval for I-140 from the notice date. And how long will it take to get the I-485 approved from the I-140 approval date.

No Title

I also request all IGTE-rs (especially whose RD/ND is back in June-Dec\'99) to keep post their info. regarding when the I-140 was filed and when did they receive their notice for the same and when did it got approved and how long does it took for them to get their GC approved. Please, Please, share your info. This way we all can make some basic calculation (+/- one month) to know when each of us can expect our approvals. Please do share your info.

No Title

I spoke to IIO this morning who refused to give me I140 info. But she said shortly I will hear. Is there a way to get approval list on this site (like before)??

No Title

Don\'t worry ohgod. You will get to that soon. As i mentioned in one of my earlier posting, my friend who got one RFE back in late 2000, got his approval letter last saturday. Even he called the IIO the day before he received his approval notice and was told the same old story that his case is on HOLD bla bla.... You never know. You might get yours too soon. Hope for the best.

No Title

I also called VSC yesterday. My application for amended I140 was filed on 8th of May. But application is not in the system. The IIO was saying there are a lot of applications. They will be done entering all these application into the system by the 30th of June.

I also asked about the portability of I140. He was saying that no regulations yet. This thing is now in congress to decide how to implement this I140 portability rule. He can\'t tell me clearly how long it takes to issue regulations about portability of I140.

No Title

Mirfandar, thanks for the info. Mine was filed on May 4th and based on the IIO\'s statement it looks like our ND for the same will be almost around end of June. What a waste of time. I don\'t know whether will they start approving our amended I-140\'s based on the receipt date.

No Title

Some of the recent IGTE I-140 approvals indicate that on an average VSC has taken about 4 weeks of time to approve I-140s. Also, I have noticed that after I-140 approval, it takes about a week for I-485 approval. What remains mystery is the linking part. Does it happen automatically or one needs to call VSC. We are seeing both situations.

No Title

It happens automatically. However, it is better for us to call INS and verify the same as and when we get our receipt notice.

No Title

Friends, I need to renew my EAD for the third time in October. My amended I-140 was filed on May 4th. No recipt yet. What you guys think? Do I need to extend the EAD or do you think I will get my GC before that?

No Title

1) Why should we call? Cant the INS determine based on the A#? Is A# not in the amended I-140?
2) If we have to call who should we call?
3) Lets say we speak to IIO at VSC will they take what we are saying? Will they accede to our request to link?