Any September filers?

Congrats to all who have their interview done and in the process of getting the GC.. and omorpheus don't worry about your case... just have faith on Almighty God.. it will be just fine.. maybe tomorrow you will see the updates of Approval Notice..

pandaexpress, can you please update me when you see your online status change or any LUD on I-485. I will call USCIS then. Also, please let me know once you receive welcome letter and physical GC.

Sure thing. except that my cases are not online either.
It seems like your case will get approve. Don't worry too much about it.

Congrats to all those who had interview today. You guys will get GC very soon.

gcforparents8,

Have not heard from you for a while. Do you have any update on your mom's case? My father's case just sat there without any new LUD. Don't know why.

We just came back from the interview and don't know whether I should be happy or should I be sad.

We reached at 9:35am for 10am interview and were called around 10:20pm by a Chinese fellow. He said that he is running late so will be quick. We were glad to hear that.

He asked our Drivers license and we then took oath. Then he started going through I-485 paper and I-130 paper with questions on address, which schools she went to, confirmed phone number etc ... Then he saw my wife's Birth certificate and said how come your wife has same last name. We said that most of families have same last name there. He asked if you guys are related. We said no. He was still not convinced and kept asking it again and again throughout our 15 min interview.

He then asked to see original marriage certificate and our son's date of birth certificate. He asked if our son was born to both of us and we said yes. Then asked give me documents proving the relationship. I gave him a bunch of documents and he asked if he can keep it. I said yes.

Then he said, I have to do some clerical work and then make a decision on your case. We asked if anything is wrong? He said not so far. Your case is straight forward and unless I find some issue in your application, you should get a welcome letter if we approve your case. I asked if there is a need for 2nd interview and he said not likely. I asked how long will you take to make a decision, he said maybe today maybe in next couple of days. He is not sure. I asked him that we are traveling in first week of Feb and he said that's a long time, you will hear a decision by then. You can bring welcome letter and get your passport stamped if you do not receive your GC by then. But don't travel on AP after GC is approved. But still all depends on the decision he makes.

In 15 min everything was over and we were out confused that I haven't seen any such thing so far in any forum. I had initially planned to celebrate but we both are so glum now :( ....

Since our application status does not show online, it is very hard to track the progress. I am thinking of calling USCIS tomorrow to find out if the decision has been made or not. Else I will have to call next week.

Dont worry am sure everything will be alright....and your wife should be getting her GC soon.

Thanks for the concern guys. Faith in GOD and good wishes of all of you guys is still keeping me running else I get depressed pretty soon ...

My luck with immigration sucks from the day I got my green card :mad: ... I thought yesterday its going to change but I was wrong. Lets see what happens next week ...

Whew!

Thanks Sharon754!
Just received the physical GC. It takes exactly two weeks to arrive.

More thanks go to the Law Office of Rajiv Khanna for providing this valuable site for us to share experience and exchange information.

Good Luck to Everyone in this discussion forum.

God Bless America!

-Ma1Ma1-

ma1ma1,

My mother's GC was sent from Laguna Niguel, CA, same as the I-130 approval notice and I-485 welcome letter. I don't know how to check the status. But don't worry, it will arrive.

Thanks Sharon754!

More thanks go to the Law Office of Rajiv Khanna for providing this valuable site for us to share experience and exchange information.

God Bless America!

-Ma1Ma1-

Congrats ma1ma1. Good to hear that your relationship with USCIS is over for atleast 3-5 years :)

Thanks for the concern guys. Faith in GOD and good wishes of all of you guys is still keeping me running else I get depressed pretty soon ...

My luck with immigration sucks from the day I got my green card :mad: ... I thought yesterday its going to change but I was wrong. Lets see what happens next week ...

Hey don't be sad. As long as your marriage is real, you'll get approved. It just takes time for USCIS to check your file and you'll get the welcome letter soon!!

Doesn't make sense

I had my interview today. The conclusion was that he didn't make any decision and asked for further documentation.

I am on F-1 and my wife is a citizen. He asked me if I was enrolled last semester, I said yes. He said show me the transcripts. I said here is my valid I-20 and this is the best proof of my status. He said, No, I want to see your transcripts. I thought they could plug in my sevis number and even find out how many times I have been absent from my class, how can he not verify my enrollment? Schools report you if you are not enrolled in 12 units within two weeks of school start to the USCIS.

I told him I can obviously provide him with my transcripts but I don't have it with me. He said OK, mail it to me.

Now the strange part, he asked my wife what she does and she said I work part time and goto school. HE ASKED HER IF SHE HAD HER TRANSCRIPTS. Excuse me???? Why??? Does it matter if my wife who is a U.S. citizen is enrolled full time or part time in school?

Beside this reason, there were 2 other technicalities that he had an issue with. I looked it up, they were legitimate so I guess he did have a point but I still don't get the transcripts part.

I will update you guys once I send in everything that is requested.

Question for you guys, what exactly do I need to show to my school that would adjust my status in their records to that of permanent resident?

Hi Xeddy,

Sorry to hear your experience today :( Just give whatever they request and hopefully your case will get approved soon!

I had my interview today. The conclusion was that he didn't make any decision and asked for further documentation.

I am on F-1 and my wife is a citizen. He asked me if I was enrolled last semester, I said yes. He said show me the transcripts. I said here is my valid I-20 and this is the best proof of my status. He said, No, I want to see your transcripts. I thought they could plug in my sevis number and even find out how many times I have been absent from my class, how can he not verify my enrollment? Schools report you if you are not enrolled in 12 units within two weeks of school start to the USCIS.

I told him I can obviously provide him with my transcripts but I don't have it with me. He said OK, mail it to me.

Now the strange part, he asked my wife what she does and she said I work part time and goto school. HE ASKED HER IF SHE HAD HER TRANSCRIPTS. Excuse me???? Why??? Does it matter if my wife who is a U.S. citizen is enrolled full time or part time in school?

Beside this reason, there were 2 other technicalities that he had an issue with. I looked it up, they were legitimate so I guess he did have a point but I still don't get the transcripts part.

Question for you guys, what exactly do I need to show to my school that would adjust my status in their records to that of permanent resident?

Congrats! :)

Thanks Sharon754!

God Bless America!

-Ma1Ma1-

Keep the faith! Your approval will happen!

Congrats! :)
Wow. The interview process was a lot easier than I thought. Most of the time the officer was just going through our forms. He looked through the photos that we sent in originally with our application and only asked one question about some people in one picture. By the time he was done looking at our pics, he was already convinced that our marriage was genuine.
Then he just asked for more evidence for his file. We gave him health insurance, credit cards, joint bank account, utility bill, trip itineraries and joint leases. He didn't bother to look at them at all and just took a few pages for his file and told us to take back the rest. He said we really did our homework and brought more than what he needed.

After all the paper work, he proceeded to stamp my passport and explained the process to remove conditional residency. He also said recently the process to remove condition has been sped up and it usually gets adjudicated within the 3 months period.

That's it. Not intimidating at all. The waiting beforehand was a little annoying. We got there 30min early and got called in 30 min after our scheduled time. The interview took a total of 15min.

No update for mom's case, waiting... :confused:

Congrats to all those who had interview today. You guys will get GC very soon.

gcforparents8,

Have not heard from you for a while. Do you have any update on your mom's case? My father's case just sat there without any new LUD. Don't know why.

Xeddy, Have you taken full credits for your course? Just give the interviewer what he/she asked for. I remember there was a case. The applicant dropped out of the school and applied for GC. She got bumped by the interviewer but finally she got the GC in the end. Don't worry too much. Just give all the things that the interviewer asked. Good Luck!!

Hi: I saw LUD on my I-485 just week before the interview, but message did not changed.. does it mean good or bad? Any idea.... please inform. thanks

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 10, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

I am so sorry to hear about your interview. That is the first time I have heard anyone asking for transcripts. They should be able to check it very easily. And why even ask for transcripts from your US citizen spouse. I think they have found a new way to harass people. I have seen so many people being out of status for years and they get GC without any hassles.

Send the required paper work and you should be good to go.

BTW, what is your DO?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 10, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Congrats pandaexpress. That is wonderful news. I am thinking of calling USCIS today to check on my status as well. I hope that IO found time to go through my case and make a decision.