Any September filers?

Sharon754,

Thank God! Finally, the gift for the New Year had come...:)

Please refer to my signature for most updated processing info for your reference.

By the way, has your mother received the actual green card in the mail yet? Do you have any idea how long it will take to actually receive it?

Thanks for you reply in advance and best wishes to everyone in this forum for the Year 2008.

-In HIM-

Congratulations! That is a great new year gift. My mother got her actual gc on 12/24, the card production order data was 12/17.

My father's application has no update yet.

Congratulations!!! It is truely a gift that money can not buy!

Sharon754,

Thank God! Finally, the gift for the New Year had come...:)

Please refer to my signature for most updated processing info for your reference.

By the way, has your mother received the actual green card in the mail yet? Do you have any idea how long it will take to actually receive it?

Thanks for you reply in advance and best wishes to everyone in this forum for the Year 2008.

-In HIM-

Hi guys: Looks like nothing much happening during the holidays!!!! Please put your updated info.. specially if anyone recently has interview.. Thanks again.

Hey guys, I got interview letter. I got it the last day of 2007 and the interview is taken place in March 18. I wish it came sooner. I saw many ppl got the interview in Jan and Feb. Miami is always the last one left. Anyway, at least I got the date, lifting off part of the worries.

GC approved

Guys,
just want to update.my partnets GC is approved.following are time lines.thanks a lot to all u for ur support and valuable input.

"can some body explain me (what is I-131 is for).
-what is the time limit to stay out of US for GC holders.
-If they need to stay more than 6 month.what shouled we do

Case moved to CSC 11/29/07
_1485 approved 1/4/08
-I-130 approved1/4/08
-Welcome letter sent 1/4/08

thanks/kab

Guys,
just want to update.my partnets GC is approved.following are time lines.thanks a lot to all u for ur support and valuable input.

_1485 approved 1/4/08
-I-130 approved1/4/08

thanks/kab

Congrats, kab901. When you mentioned your parents, were you talking about both or one of them? My fater's case is still pending without any recent LUD. I am a little bit worried. Thanks.

Also when you find out the answer to your question, can you share? I want to know that too.

yes both mom/dad)no need to worry. i think cases moved to CSC are pretty starghit forward for them.U will get ur fathers soon.

regards.

Guys,

_1485 approved 1/4/08
-I-130 approved1/4/08

thanks/kab

See below for answers in Blue

"can some body explain me (what is I-131 is for). Form filled out to apply for advance parole. Meaning the document you use to get back in the USA when the case (AOS) is still pending.
-what is the time limit to stay out of US for GC holders. Try not to stay for more than 6 months to 1 year. Remeber that the GC is meant for someone living in the USA. Not a tourist. However, if you must stay for more than the time stated you may want to file for some permission to reenter. YOu can check the forum for such procedure
-If they need to stay more than 6 month.what shouled we do.

No physical card yet?

Congrats, kab901. When you mentioned your parents, were you talking about both or one of them? My fater's case is still pending without any recent LUD. I am a little bit worried. Thanks.

Also when you find out the answer to your question, can you share? I want to know that too.

Hi Sharon754,

It's been more than a week, still haven't received the physical GC yet.:confused:
May I ask where the physical GC was sent from according to your mother's case?
Is there anyway to check the status of the physical GC production status?

Kab901: When you receive the physical GC for your parents, please post the update on this forum. Thanks!!

Thanks for your reply in advance.

-ma1ma1-

Hi Sharon754,

It's been more than a week, still haven't received the physical GC yet.:confused:
May I ask where the physical GC was sent from according to your mother's case?
Is there anyway to check the status of the physical GC production status?

Kab901: When you receive the physical GC for your parents, please post the update on this forum. Thanks!!

Thanks for your reply in advance.

-ma1ma1-

ma1ma1,

My mother's GC was sent from Laguna Niguel, CA, same as the I-130 approval notice and I-485 welcome letter. I don't know how to check the status. But don't worry, it will arrive.

Nicknames

Hi dudes, I am new for this business and will be applying for an I-130 next month.
I need somebody helping me with the "nicknames" you use when posting. What means:
RD
ND
FP ND
LUD
RFE
I-131 Received
EAD Approved
LUD I-485, I-130
IL
EAD
AP
Thanks.

Weird Interview

We just came back from the interview and don't know whether I should be happy or should I be sad.

We reached at 9:35am for 10am interview and were called around 10:20pm by a Chinese fellow. He said that he is running late so will be quick. We were glad to hear that.

He asked our Drivers license and we then took oath. Then he started going through I-485 paper and I-130 paper with questions on address, which schools she went to, confirmed phone number etc ... Then he saw my wife's Birth certificate and said how come your wife has same last name. We said that most of families have same last name there. He asked if you guys are related. We said no. He was still not convinced and kept asking it again and again throughout our 15 min interview.

He then asked to see original marriage certificate and our son's date of birth certificate. He asked if our son was born to both of us and we said yes. Then asked give me documents proving the relationship. I gave him a bunch of documents and he asked if he can keep it. I said yes.

Then he said, I have to do some clerical work and then make a decision on your case. We asked if anything is wrong? He said not so far. Your case is straight forward and unless I find some issue in your application, you should get a welcome letter if we approve your case. I asked if there is a need for 2nd interview and he said not likely. I asked how long will you take to make a decision, he said maybe today maybe in next couple of days. He is not sure. I asked him that we are traveling in first week of Feb and he said that's a long time, you will hear a decision by then. You can bring welcome letter and get your passport stamped if you do not receive your GC by then. But don't travel on AP after GC is approved. But still all depends on the decision he makes.

In 15 min everything was over and we were out confused that I haven't seen any such thing so far in any forum. I had initially planned to celebrate but we both are so glum now :( ....

Since our application status does not show online, it is very hard to track the progress. I am thinking of calling USCIS tomorrow to find out if the decision has been made or not. Else I will have to call next week.

Interview Approved

Wow. The interview process was a lot easier than I thought. Most of the time the officer was just going through our forms. He looked through the photos that we sent in originally with our application and only asked one question about some people in one picture. By the time he was done looking at our pics, he was already convinced that our marriage was genuine.
Then he just asked for more evidence for his file. We gave him health insurance, credit cards, joint bank account, utility bill, trip itineraries and joint leases. He didn't bother to look at them at all and just took a few pages for his file and told us to take back the rest. He said we really did our homework and brought more than what he needed.

After all the paper work, he proceeded to stamp my passport and explained the process to remove conditional residency. He also said recently the process to remove condition has been sped up and it usually gets adjudicated within the 3 months period.

That's it. Not intimidating at all. The waiting beforehand was a little annoying. We got there 30min early and got called in 30 min after our scheduled time. The interview took a total of 15min.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just came back from the interview and don't know whether I should be happy or should I be sad.

We reached at 9:35am for 10am interview and were called around 10:20pm by a Chinese fellow. He said that he is running late so will be quick. We were glad to hear that.

He asked our Drivers license and we then took oath. Then he started going through I-485 paper and I-130 paper with questions on address, which schools she went to, confirmed phone number etc ... Then he saw my wife's Birth certificate and said how come your wife has same last name. We said that most of families have same last name there. He asked if you guys are related. We said no. He was still not convinced and kept asking it again and again throughout our 15 min interview.

He then asked to see original marriage certificate and our son's date of birth certificate. He asked if our son was born to both of us and we said yes. Then asked give me documents proving the relationship. I gave him a bunch of documents and he asked if he can keep it. I said yes.

Then he said, I have to do some clerical work and then make a decision on your case. We asked if anything is wrong? He said not so far. Your case is straight forward and unless I find some issue in your application, you should get a welcome letter if we approve your case. I asked if there is a need for 2nd interview and he said not likely. I asked how long will you take to make a decision, he said maybe today maybe in next couple of days. He is not sure. I asked him that we are traveling in first week of Feb and he said that's a long time, you will hear a decision by then. You can bring welcome letter and get your passport stamped if you do not receive your GC by then. But don't travel on AP after GC is approved. But still all depends on the decision he makes.

In 15 min everything was over and we were out confused that I haven't seen any such thing so far in any forum. I had initially planned to celebrate but we both are so glum now :( ....

Since our application status does not show online, it is very hard to track the progress. I am thinking of calling USCIS tomorrow to find out if the decision has been made or not. Else I will have to call next week.

Don't worry. Many chinese couples share same last name. He should understand. I think your wife should get GC very soon.

Don't worry. Many chinese couples share same last name. He should understand. I think your wife should get GC very soon.

Thanks Sharon. I hope it goes through fine fast.

Congrats pandaexpress. I think I saw you in interview room -- were you the one sitting in last row?

pandaexpress, can you please update me when you see your online status change or any LUD on I-485. I will call USCIS then. Also, please let me know once you receive welcome letter and physical GC.