Any September filers?

Received my EAD card

We just received our EAD card. Now there is no need for my wife to study anymore :D

Just waiting for the interview.

Congrats sharon754 for your mother's case getting approved. You should get the GC by next week. Hopefully your father's case will get approved before Christmas.

We just received our EAD card. Now there is no need for my wife to study anymore :D

Just waiting for the interview.

Congrats sharon754 for your mother's case getting approved. You should get the GC by next week. Hopefully your father's case will get approved before Christmas.

Congrats!!
quick question doesnt your wife need to still be on F1 status before the interview? reason I am asking is that I too I am on F1 and the tuition is draining our family income and I was thinking I could take this coming quarter off to save some money. I wasnot sure if at this point I could skip a quarter which will be in session at the time I go for my interview.....

Any ideas out there???........:confused::rolleyes:

Congrats!!
quick question doesnt your wife need to still be on F1 status before the interview? reason I am asking is that I too I am on F1 and the tuition is draining our family income and I was thinking I could take this coming quarter off to save some money. I wasnot sure if at this point I could skip a quarter which will be in session at the time I go for my interview.....

Any ideas out there???........:confused::rolleyes:

I have already wasted half of my savings and don't want to waste any more. EAD means you have permit to work full-time. Once you work full-time, you cannot study full time.

So, you can skip the next semester I think .... In worst case, you will be out of status -- I have seen several folks who were out of status for years and got their GC with no issues -- so being out of status for 1-2 months is not a big deal. If you remain Out of status for greater than 180 days, that can have several implications.

So, stop paying univs tons of money, complete the ongoing sem and get out.

as an FYI, My wife's present sem ended this month and starts Jan 7 and my interview is Jan 9.

I have already wasted half of my savings and don't want to waste any more. EAD means you have permit to work full-time. Once you work full-time, you cannot study full time.

You could if you have the time for it, as far as I know there's no rule against it; and by the way congrats on the EAD

You could if you have the time for it, as far as I know there's no rule against it; and by the way congrats on the EAD

Thanks ....

Yes, there is no rule against it and you can do that -- I don't think an average american or even most of immigrants would even think of it, forget about trying ;)
However, I know someone who did -- I call him insane anyways as when he was full time student, he was taking 6 courses a sem == 18 credits.

In the letter which came with EAD, on back side, it clearly states:

"Your EAD card is also evidence of your status."

So, EAD does guarantee you your status.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow... Do post in your experience....

I realize your interview is tomorrow, so I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck.:D:)

Bitter sweet!

Thank you guys! I just came from my interview. The appointment was at 8 am, right know it's 9:30 am and I'm already home. We took our 4-yr old son because he only goes to school half day and we didn't know how long the whole thing was going to take. The IL stated I had to go to the 15th floor, but when we got there I was redirected to floor 13...weird. We handed in my IL and we were called about 20 min later. The IO was a nice gentlemen in his mid 30's, he asked who the child was, he sword us in, and then asked my son if we were his parents and if we all live together, he was very nice though. He then asked for the originals of all the documents we summited. He added, "so you've been married for 5 years" and asked my husband for my parents' names and asked me the same. He asked for my original I-94, I replied it wasn't in my possession because I summited it when I changed status and I gave him my new I-94, then asked if F1 was the only status I had changed to. After that he said he would ask me some questions...."Have you ever been arrested?", and before I could answer my son said "no" and we all laughed. Finally he asked me if I had any proof that we lived together and I gave him bills mostly and a bunch of pictures, he looked at them really quickly and asked if he could keep some; he also kept some of our bills. Lastly he said everything looked good and that he was going to approve us, but that my name check was still pending, and it could take from a few days or weeks to a few months to clear, and when it does I would get a welcome letter.
I felt relieved that the interview was over and that he confirmed our marriage was legit, but I'm a little down about the name check thing....hopefully it doesn't take long to clear:eek:

Congrats Elvi_C on your approval. Atleast one hurdle cleared. :)

Hope your name check gets cleared soon. I heard that usually in 120 days (from the day your check was requested) you see a lot of clearances ... So, its coming soon .... Good luck ...

Congratulations on your GC approval! :) I did not know name check could be still pending by the time of interview. Hope you will get the welcome letter soon!

Thank you guys! I just came from my interview. The appointment was at 8 am, right know it's 9:30 am and I'm already home. We took our 4-yr old son because he only goes to school half day and we didn't know how long the whole thing was going to take. The IL stated I had to go to the 15th floor, but when we got there I was redirected to floor 13...weird. We handed in my IL and we were called about 20 min later. The IO was a nice gentlemen in his mid 30's, he asked who the child was, he sword us in, and then asked my son if we were his parents and if we all live together, he was very nice though. He then asked for the originals of all the documents we summited. He added, "so you've been married for 5 years" and asked my husband for my parents' names and asked me the same. He asked for my original I-94, I replied it wasn't in my possession because I summited it when I changed status and I gave him my new I-94, then asked if F1 was the only status I had changed to. After that he said he would ask me some questions...."Have you ever been arrested?", and before I could answer my son said "no" and we all laughed. Finally he asked me if I had any proof that we lived together and I gave him bills mostly and a bunch of pictures, he looked at them really quickly and asked if he could keep some; he also kept some of our bills. Lastly he said everything looked good and that he was going to approve us, but that my name check was still pending, and it could take from a few days or weeks to a few months to clear, and when it does I would get a welcome letter.
I felt relieved that the interview was over and that he confirmed our marriage was legit, but I'm a little down about the name check thing....hopefully it doesn't take long to clear:eek:

BIG CONGRAT!!...what an adorable son you have.....Am sure name check will clear before you know it.....;)

Congratulations Elvi C. :eek:I am happy for you!!! I hope I get my IL soon:(

Elvi_C Congratulations!!!!!!!! to you... Don't worry about the name check.. it will be fine just about the matter of time... but it's over now.... Hope everything goes smoothley..

Big Congrats..... Mine is coming on Jan 17, 08

gcforparents8 and kab901,

Do you recently get any LUD on your parents' I-130 and I-485 applications? My father's I-130 LUD was 12/5, and I-485 LUD was 12/14.

Thanks.

Fyi

gcforparents8 and kab901,

Do you recently get any LUD on your parents' I-130 and I-485 applications? My father's I-130 LUD was 12/5, and I-485 LUD was 12/14.

Thanks.

Sharon754,

Thank God! Finally, the gift for the New Year had come...:)

Please refer to my signature for most updated processing info for your reference.

By the way, has your mother received the actual green card in the mail yet? Do you have any idea how long it will take to actually receive it?

Thanks for you reply in advance and best wishes to everyone in this forum for the Year 2008.

-In HIM-

Sharon754,

Thank God! Finally, the gift for the New Year had come...:)

Please refer to my signature for most updated processing info for your reference.

By the way, has your mother received the actual green card in the mail yet? Do you have any idea how long it will take to actually receive it?

Thanks for you reply in advance and best wishes to everyone in this forum for the Year 2008.

-In HIM-

Congrats ma1ma1 ... I see that GC for mom's are coming faster than dad's :p ... Don't know why?