Any September filers?

Hmm, no words yet and no receipts for my mom's case. Lawyer contacted DO and they said that the case is taking long due to the amount of people that applied during July or so. No receipt, no cashed check. Not sure what's going on anymore. My mom is sitting in the detention center in Tacoma, Washington. We are waiting for a I-130 receipt so we can put bail for her. My brother is applying for her, since he is a citizen.

That is pretty sad to know. Can you please give in details who applied for her and as what and what was the situation. Its hard to understand with so less information.

Well, my mom had applied for asylum...but because the lawyer that helped her apply did not notify her that she needs to appear in court, she was ordered deported.

Now, it has been 5 years since that happened. My brother finally became a citizen, but it was too late to apply for her as she was detained by ICE. My brother hired a lawyer and we filed the I-130 application on Sept. 26 and we have yet to receive anything. The judge is requiring us to show proof that we have applied and a receipt is needed for him to repen the case. Also, the I-130 receipt is also needed so we can get my mom out of detention was placing bail. Our family has taken a huge hit and her grandchildren are constantly asking where grandma is.

:(

That is pretty sad to know. Can you please give in details who applied for her and as what and what was the situation. Its hard to understand with so less information.

Well, my mom had applied for asylum...but because the lawyer that helped her apply did not notify her that she needs to appear in court, she was ordered deported.

Now, it has been 5 years since that happened. My brother finally became a citizen, but it was too late to apply for her as she was detained by ICE. My brother hired a lawyer and we filed the I-130 application on Sept. 26 and we have yet to receive anything. The judge is requiring us to show proof that we have applied and a receipt is needed for him to repen the case. Also, the I-130 receipt is also needed so we can get my mom out of detention was placing bail. Our family has taken a huge hit and her grandchildren are constantly asking where grandma is.

I'm so sorry about your mom's situation, I hope you get your receipts as soon as possible so that you and your family can be reunited once again, especially with the holidays approaching. I'll have you in my prayers.

Indeed a very sad story and that lawyer should be sued. But that thing can be done later. Right now since its more than 9 weeks since you mailed the application here are the steps you can do:

1. Check if your checks have been cached. If it has been that boosts your case.
2. Call USCIS and ask for the status of the application which you filed and hope you sent it via FedEx or USPS with delivery confirmation or return receipt. Give them that number if they can't locate your application.

But if you don't have any tracking info or checks have not been cashed, then all you can do is pray :(

Good luck ...

Update on my EAD today - Card production ordered

COngrats bgar.

Did you get an email saying that or you checked online? My wife had her FP done on Wednesday and still no updates on her EAD even though its approved and sitting there for FP.

Got SSN card

Guess what? I just received my SS card after only 7 days, I applied the same day I got my EAD, which was last friday and I got my card in the mail today postdated Dec 5, it only took 5 days for them to process my application. From reading other posts about the issuing of SS cards, I am very happy and satisfied with this quick process. :D

Guess what? I just received my SS card after only 7 days, I applied the same day I got my EAD, which was last friday and I got my card in the mail today postdated Dec 5, it only took 5 days for them to process my application. From reading other posts about the issuing of SS cards, I am very happy and satisfied with this quick process. :D

Congratulations Elvi C!!!! Ready for the interview? I still not getting my IL:(

Thanks everyone for the prayers, I will follow the steps listed and hope I can get a clear answer of some sort.

Hi Omorpheus,

I asked the same question before I saw your reply. Happy to see that is a good news! :) However, my mom has not had the FP yet, so I am still confused.:confused:

Another question is, usually when does name check starts, before FP or after FP? If it is after FP, then mom's name check has not started yet...

gcforparents8/Omorpheus,
Any update on ur case after that CSC message?

reagds

gcforparents8/Omorpheus,
Any update on ur case after that CSC message?

reagds

Not me but sharon754 :p Mine is spousal case ...

If you want to know my status -- no update since FP. No LUDs nothing :confused:

Hopefully, this week should see some action on EAD else will call USCIS. I think you have to call them every time to remind them that they need to do some work in time which sometimes they don't ;)

congrats, that was very fast.:) I applied for mine monday and I also expect it fast as well bcus the lady said 5 - 10 days but i expect it sooner.

Thank you guys, euly29 I hope you get it soon also... and anace, I'm sure your IL will come when you least expect it, hopefully it won't take long, maybe you'll get it as a Christmas present ;)

Omorpheus,

I got the information online.

My status was never available till my FP was done. Two days after FPing, the status for 485 and 765 became available online. and status for 765 was Card in Production.

And my understanding is for EAD, FP is not required.

COngrats bgar.

Did you get an email saying that or you checked online? My wife had her FP done on Wednesday and still no updates on her EAD even though its approved and sitting there for FP.

Omorpheus,

I got the information online.

My status was never available till my FP was done. Two days after FPing, the status for 485 and 765 became available online. and status for 765 was Card in Production.

And my understanding is for EAD, FP is not required.

You need FP for EAD. Look at my signature. My EAD could not be sent because of FP. Its been approved since Oct 26 though ...

I am hoping something shud happen this week ....

Hello people,

I got good news. I got my interview letter today in the mail. As you can tell from my signature, the date is in Feb. of next year. Anyone have an interview date that far in advance? I suppose I should be greatfull, sooo I really cant worry about that. I guess my DO ( I live in a suburb of Houston, located in the Great State of Texas, where B-B-Q and Big Trucks Rule, not to mention this is Bush Country), must be busy.

Also another weird thing is last update date on uscis website never changed. I find that interesting. I was logging in there everyday to see if the date change since that would mean my letter was on the way. But noo, that never changed and voila , got letter in the mail. Perhaps their system is really screwy.

Anyway, I am great to the All Mighty God that this is almost over. I am almost home.

Guess what? I just received my SS card after only 7 days.:D I had the same experience like you and I am so happy that it came so soon. I applied on 3rd Dec and got it today.:):):)

EAD Ordered

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered. :D

On December 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I had registered this application, so got an email also today morning.

I-130 and I-485 applications still not visible on USCIS website :confused: