Any recent EAD from TSC?

:confused:

I should have come to this site earlier to read all the problems with EAD's. Is there tracker/list for pending EAD's at TSC?

My case is as follows:
1st EAD expires May 17th 2007 (approved in 1 week when filed with I-485)
2nd EAD Receipt April 12th 2007 (no change in any status)

I live in Northern Virginia. What are my options (other than slapping myself in the face that I should have applied in Dec/Jan/Feb instead of April)? Will they even listen to my woes as the case is only pending for 1 month as opposed to over 90 days for others before me?

Thanks for your time and response.

Hello Guys,
I wanted to share my case with you all.
My case is as follows
4th ead renewal
rd: 4/2/07
lud: 4/5/07, 5/10/07
i also had an lud change on my 485 on 5/8/07.

What can I expect of this? Any ideas?
Why did they touch the 485 for approving ead?
Can it be for the second FP since I had my first one a little more than two years ago?

Thanks in advance.

I should have come to this site earlier to read all the problems with EAD's. Is there tracker/list for pending EAD's at TSC?

My case is as follows:
1st EAD expires May 17th 2007 (approved in 1 week when filed with I-485)
2nd EAD Receipt April 12th 2007 (no change in any status)

I live in Northern Virginia. What are my options (other than slapping myself in the face that I should have applied in Dec/Jan/Feb instead of April)?
your options are the following
- send a request to expedite the application processing giving a genuine reason if any
- get periodic infopass appointments and request the immigration officer
- come 90 days completion, sit on their head at the local ins office and demand that they initiate the process so that NBC will issue you either an interim EAD or the regular EAD

Will they even listen to my woes as the case is only pending for 1 month as opposed to over 90 days for others before me?
You can always try. You might get lucky if a benevolent immigration officer heeds to your request. Put forth a strong case by citing all the woes that you might be facing in lieu of this card.
Thanks for your time and response.

GOOD LUCK

Hello Guys,
I wanted to share my case with you all.
My case is as follows
4th ead renewal
rd: 4/2/07
lud: 4/5/07, 5/10/07
i also had an lud change on my 485 on 5/8/07.

What can I expect of this? Any ideas?
Why did they touch the 485 for approving ead?
Can it be for the second FP since I had my first one a little more than two years ago?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like nobody in this thread seems to be looking at these posts.
The least some one could have done is to just bounce off some ideas?
Maybe everyone here is busy lamenting on their own situation individually.
But then why have a thread at all?
:(
I will update more for the sake of those who might be interested once I come back from the infopass interview tomorrow.

Srikvln,

Thanks for your response.

I realized that my EAD is valid until June 17th 2007 (My post had it as May 17th 2007). Not that it makes matter any better - I did take an appointment with infopass. I will update this thread with findings from my appointment.

Thank you for your support and response.

EAD renewal

I got email today that as of 5/14 new card production has been ordered.

Have you received yours?

To Richshi:

I had a LUD on 05/09 and today I got the email that my card production has been ordered. Just check your status today. Good Luck.

days to EAD renewal?

When folks are mentioning the days 77 days and 53 days for approval of EAD renewals - Please indicate if this is calendar days or USCIS working days. I am hoping this is calendar days. My EAD renewal case is April 12th 2007 receipt date. Current EAD expires June 17th 2007. So, I have about 46 USCIS business days and about 65 calendar days between the receipt date to my EAD expiry date.

I have taken online infopass on May 25th 2007 by selecting option "speak to an immigration officer". Would this hinder or aid the EAD renewal? If anyone has prior experience with this - please share your thoughts.

Still worried and :confused: about my state after June 17th 2007. Congratutions to the ones who have positive news. Good luck to the rest waiting ....

Last edited by a moderator:
When folks are mentioning the days 77 days and 53 days for approval of EAD renewals - Please indicate if this is calendar days or USCIS working days. I am hoping this is calendar days. My EAD renewal case is April 12th 2007 receipt date. Current EAD expires June 17th 2007. So, I have about 46 USCIS business days and about 65 calendar days between the receipt date to my EAD expiry date.

I have taken online infopass on May 25th 2007 by selecting option "speak to an immigration officer". Would this hinder or aid the EAD renewal? If anyone has prior experience with this - please share your thoughts.

Still worried and :confused: about my state after June 17th 2007. Congratutions to the ones who have positive news. Good luck to the rest waiting ....

These are calendar days. USCIS counts processing times in calendar days. You can also check www.trackitt.com to estimate current processing times. Hope this helps

guys,
finally i got my card last weekend.
it looks like the fax that I sent to tsc requesting the ead did work.
last week there were a lot of lud changes and finally they approved and sent the card promptly.

i wish this method could work for everyone. i had a really compelling reason i needed the card to save the job and the medical benefits that come with it.
i have read in other threads that many people did not have any luck with this method if their reason was not compelling enough for a humanitarian consideration.

that said, the fax number is in another thread "Expedite EAD application".

my wife's ead has still not arrived. but we are not really bothered about it now.

meanwhile, as a side note, here is the update from my INFOPASS appointment. i got the earliest appointment 7.45am. i saw some guys already sitting inside for their number to be called. there was a lady immigration officer who sounded amicable. as my luck would have it, i had to see this new immigration officer who happened to open his booth. he had zero courtesy and talked to me as dirt. i would try to explain my case and why i would need my ead, he would cut me in middle and dismiss my whole reason as non-admissible. i then just gave up and was about to come back, when i asked him one last question about any activity in the case as i had sent a fax a few days ago. he dismissed me and as i was about to return, he mentioned that there has been activity on my case and quipped that i got lucky this time as they have approved my case.

so, my conclusion is that my fax should have fallen in some kind officer's hands. it is totally at their discretion and depends on the particular immigration officer. regardless, i would suggest that you guys do sent this fax if you have a valid issue. losing the job in itself might not be a valid issue. you will have to have a much compelling graver situation arising due to your loss of job.

let me know if you have any specific questions and i can try to clear them based on my personal experience.

i wish you all good luck.

thanks.

srikvln - Expedite EAD application?

Hearty Congratulations !!!

I tried the regular 800 number and tried the grave situation option but it did not give me any fax no; it says the option is not available now (may be the time of the day/night) - I will use the fax number from the thread mentioned in your post. If you could be kind enough and post the template - my situation is as listed from my signature. My health benefits (self/spouse/child), dependent care and other finance related items are all tied to my employment. I am getting phone calls / e-mails from my HR every day asking me the status of the renewal.

And wish me luck as my appointment is way to the end of the day and end of the week infact - it is the last appointment on Friday May 25th.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hearty Congratulations !!!

I tried the regular 800 number and tried the grave situation option but it did not give me any fax no; it says the option is not available now (may be the time of the day/night) - I will use the fax number from the thread mentioned in your post. If you could be kind enough and post the template - my situation is as listed from my signature. My health benefits (self/spouse/child), dependent care and other finance related items are all tied to my employment. I am getting phone calls / e-mails from my HR every day asking me the status of the renewal.

And wish me luck as my appointment is way to the end of the day and end of the week infact - it is the last appointment on Friday May 25th.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi mdlbr20020531,
I know exactly what you are going through. I wish you all the best for your appointment. It (the interview) might not give you a lot of information, but the immigration officer at the local office would definitely have more information about your case than what you would have looking at their website.
If you get lucky and get a nicer officer, he/she might even send an expedite request for your case.
I have posted a template of my fax in the other thread where the fax number is also listed.

Expedite EAD application

Once again, all the best.

Good luck.

INFOPASS experience :-(

Went to INFOPASS coz my EAD is still pending.
I485 RD - june 1st 2006, LUD sep 27 2006.
EAD - june 17th 2006 - june 17th 2007.
FP - june 21st 2006.
Second EAD RD - april 12th 2007.

Immigrations officer mentioned that my I485 is pending background check. Also informed me that my EAD renewal is not approved. Informed me that I should have received second FP letter. I replied back that I had not received any postal mail with regards to FP. I also asked her why I should be getting FP for EAD renewal. She just replied that I should be going for FP again. She gave me an appointment for May 29th 2007.

At this moment I am confused and have no clue as to what is going on. I will be taking another INFOPASS next week.

INFOPASS - if possible take early appointment instead of later in the day.

Cheers

EAD card production ordered from TSC

Hi guys, FYI

EAD TSC. I just received the email from CRIS saying that my card is in production.

Hchmani

Timeline
RD 4/17, FP 5/01, card prod 5/25

Went to INFOPASS coz my EAD is still pending.
I485 RD - june 1st 2006, LUD sep 27 2006.
EAD - june 17th 2006 - june 17th 2007.
FP - june 21st 2006.
Second EAD RD - april 12th 2007.

Immigrations officer mentioned that my I485 is pending background check. Also informed me that my EAD renewal is not approved. Informed me that I should have received second FP letter. I replied back that I had not received any postal mail with regards to FP. I also asked her why I should be getting FP for EAD renewal. She just replied that I should be going for FP again. She gave me an appointment for May 29th 2007.

At this moment I am confused and have no clue as to what is going on. I will be taking another INFOPASS next week.

INFOPASS - if possible take early appointment instead of later in the day.

Cheers

mdlbr20020531,
Sorry to hear that.
Was there any reason the ead renewal was not approved?
If there is a pending background check, that should not have prompted them to reject an ead renewal.

I think some details are missing.

FP is usually good for 2 years. If your first FP was more than 2 years ago, that could have prompted them to issue a second FP. Still this has nothing to do with the ead renewal. It might be delayed because of the traffic and number of pending cases and etc...

But ead renewal rejection might mean something grave. That indicates to me that some issue might have cropped up in your 485 petition. This is just guess work. But I suggest that you get a clear reasoning as to why your EAD renewal was not approved.

what this status means?

Following Status got updated. I haven't got the cards yet (May 30, 2007)and my current EAD is expiring on June 02. What should I do if I don't get card by June 01? Is this approval of EAD? Can I get interim EAD through infopass?

Receipt Number: LIN07117XXXXX

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Following Status got updated. I haven't got the cards yet (May 30, 2007)and my current EAD is expiring on June 02. What should I do if I don't get card by June 01?

It all depends on your HR.
(assuming that you don't have h1-b or other qualifying documents in the i-9 form)
Legally if they have to check your status as per i-9, it has to be the ead card physically.
So, assuming that they had asked you to produce a proof of eligibility, you cannot work as you don't have the card in your hand.
If they have not asked for it, then you can continue working as the card has been ordered and would be arriving soon.

Is this approval of EAD?
Yes, the EAD is approved.
It would not make sense for them to order the production of the card, if it were not approved.:)
Can I get interim EAD through infopass?
No, you cannot get interim ead card anymore from the local INS office.

Receipt Number: LIN07117XXXXX

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On May 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

It usually takes a week or so for the card to arrive. Don't worry. It will come. As I mentioned earlier, if they have asked you to produce the card, then take a leave of absence after the expiry date for a week or so until the card arrives.

The onus of checking the eligibility is on the company. If they have not asked for it, you don't have to volunteer and keep working.

Srikvln,

I had an LUD on 05/29/2007 and another one 05/30/2007 for both mine and my spouses EAD renewals. But status is still showing as pending.

Thanks