Any pending approval for RFE Response received on 01/20

ganse

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
Is there anybody like me getting mad after CIS received the RFE-response on 01/20 and LUD changes stopped on 01/27????

My brain is blowing out. There are so many approvals in the last 2 weeks and my case looks like got swallowed by a black-hole!!

Any idea about what could be happening???????

I haven't seen any in Feb

I am also anxiously waiting since 1/20. But no luck.
I don't understand whether its name check or retrogression or what?

ganse, what is your priority date and I-485 RD?

My priority date is Oct.2001 and in EB3 Category. Do they go for Name check after issuing RFE? I thought RFE would be the last stage. I had one RFE before approving I140 for my Employer Financial and my Education Evaluation. This second RFE is about Varicella (silly) vaccination and My wife's Birth Cert affidavits. I never thought they would go for name check now. By the way, I had only one FP done in March,2004. So, it is still valid.
Please post your details.

Hi

I had sent my I-485 RFE and it was delivered on 04-FEB-05 and till now there is no status update with the receipt of the RFE. After how many days did your status got updated with the receipt of the RFE.

Thanks,

Hope you are right

I would expect that RFE for I-485 would be the last stage. And I really really hope that they don't issue RFE with name check still pending.

Some of the threads indicate that they gor RFE before name check was done.
But may be not for I-485.

I used a labor substitute with a priority date of Feb, 2000.
RFE's for AP, I-140 -- both approved in october, 2003
FP done in March 2004
485 RFE -- BC, EVL, Employment History.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 finger printing received on aug 9th 2004 no change till now any idea why its stuck

it is frustrating that there is no change in status 6 months after 2 nd finger printing

I too heard that CIS wouldn't issue RFE if they need a Name check. So, it might be just bad luck that our cases are taking very long after we sent the responses.

For MAY0505's question: My Attorney says she sent some 10-odd cases together in a big envelop to CIS on 01/04/05. I waited for 2 weeks and there was no LUD change. They my attorney called INS on 01/19 and found that the so-called 'big envelope' was not still opened. So, finally my LUD was on 01/20 saying that they received our response on 01/20 and it changed on 21,24 and 27. After that, nothing.

So, better check with your Attoreny (and they can talk to the Supervisoe at CIS if necessary).

none for me..

No update for me atall. Still up in the air.

My B'day is coming up this weekend and thought would have been nice to get a gift from CIS...

could be backlogs with processing officer

I am going crazy myself. I talked to my attorney. This is what he said:

NSC is approving lot of I-485 everyday. Normally they issue RFE when the case is ready to be adjudicated. Usually it takes about a month to approve a case after RFE response is recieved. But it's quite possible that the officer who is working on our cases has lot of backlog and hence its taking a long time. There are cases where it takes about 3 month to process a case after the RFE response is recieved. So I guess we have to wait patiently for at least 60 days before we can enquire.

At least I feel better after talking to my attorney.

Some cases are getting approved within 3 days after the response is received whereas we are hanging in there without any clue as to when our cases would be finally approved. Checking the e-mails every 10-15 minutes is really causing a lot of new problems in life. Damn it, it is even affecting the day-to-day life, leave alone professional life.
God, get our cases approved today!!!!!!!!!1

Hi ganse,

Thanks for your response. I am seeing cases being approved in the first week or second week after the RFE response is received by them. But my status is not updated with the receipt of the RFE response.It seems even yours was updated after two weeks. It's really frustrating to wait. Do you have any suggestions.

Bs

krips99 said:
I am going crazy myself. I talked to my attorney. This is what he said:

NSC is approving lot of I-485 everyday. Normally they issue RFE when the case is ready to be adjudicated. Usually it takes about a month to approve a case after RFE response is recieved. But it's quite possible that the officer who is working on our cases has lot of backlog and hence its taking a long time. There are cases where it takes about 3 month to process a case after the RFE response is recieved. So I guess we have to wait patiently for at least 60 days before we can enquire.

At least I feel better after talking to my attorney.

That's exactly what my Attorney said.. but I tell him that's crap. When did USCIS fulfill any of it's promises. When I applied 485 the receipt said that it's takign 570-600 days.. .! Oh yea!!! count the days again.. it's over 840. I mean geeeez.. what's wrong with people. And when it's time to follow up we need to wait for 60 days. I say - it's total crap. Infact, USCIS is TOTAL crap.

They should ceaze to exist.

Currys!
If one sounds too frustrated chances are one IS frustrated.

I am ready to xxxk them when they approve my case! Yes, I am kind of HOT now! My case probably is one of the oldest cases (ND = June 2002).

I suggest

Rolling Hills said:
I am ready to xxxk them when they approve my case! Yes, I am kind of HOT now! My case probably is one of the oldest cases (ND = June 2002).

yea.. seems like your' case is really old. I'd really suggest to follow it by sending a letter to the senator or congressman. And take certain action. cuz.. it's very easy to put the cases on the back burner and just forget about it - CIS has proved this in many cases. So, I'd really suggest you taking action.

Currys

485 RD Feb 2003.
1st FP: June 2003
AC21 submitted: July 2004
2nd FP: Dec 2004
1st RFE: Jan 2005 (For current employment status)
RD for response to RFE: Feb 5th 2005 (Status updated).

Waiting for approval. You are right guys, there are people who got the case approved within 3-4 days after RFE. But then there are also folks you applied 485 in 2004 and have got their case approved !!! We are the unlucky ones that went into a black hole. Looking at your posts, may be I should not bother to check my status for another month or so.

Good luck guys ....

Hi cbarus

Can you tell me after how many days your case status is updated with the receipt of RFE response after it was sent. My RFE response was delivered as per shipping tracking number and it is more than 10 days my case status is not updated even with the receipt information. I am seeing that many are being approved in a week or two after RFE is responded. The waiting is really a big absurd punishment.

Thanks,

As to my original question, are there any pending approvals for RFE's received on 01/20/05???????? Mine is pending with last LUD stuck at 01/21/05???????????

Hi:

I'm in the same boat. 1/20-21-24-27-zzzzzzzz...

I think they have a research to see how they can drive poeple crazy!!! :confused: