Any one gets 2nd FP recently?

2nd FP is a very good development in vast majority of cases. Give it one to two months to get and interview/oath letter, as evident from my time line.

I've completed my second FP and waiting for Oath. Today receive a letter & I was told that "my case is undergoing a final review" and that i should call them if i do not receive a notice of action, or decision within 6 months. What does this mean?

I have received a notice for 2nd fingerprint with a scheduled appointment of Jan. 9, 2008. I walked in on December 28, 2007 at Newark office. I originally filed N400 in August, 2005 and was interviewed in mid-March, 2006. But, my case was stuck with the background check while my wife took the oath on the interview date. I had been waiting for any progress for almost 2 years. Still waiting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
When do you need a second FP?

Hi Friends,

I saw many of you had to go through a 2nd FP. Is it because of the name check? or is it because the 1st FP has expired after one year?

In my case, I did my FP in Jan. 2007 and still waiting for my Interview Letter. My name check has been cleared, and based on the current status, my interview should be around mid March 2008.

Does that mean they will send me a 2nd FP notice before the interview, if my 1st FP expires after one year?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

Pending name check for over 1.5yrs will cause your FP to expire then you'll need to do another one. 2FP appear to be a good sign for the most part

So as long as my name check is cleared, there is no need for me to go through a 2nd FP, even though my 1st FP will be more than one year old at the interview?

In another word, the FP is not going to expire if my name check is cleared within a year of FP regardless how long it takes USCIS to schedule my interview?

Thanks!

If USCIS does not schedule your IV within 1.5Yrs then you will have to do a 2nd FP. The Key is the time frame. Hopefully you'll get your IV soon

Hi, NameCheck, how do you know that your background check completed? Did you get a letter from USCIS?
Looking at your signature, your 2nd FP is Jan 7,2008, so, you have not done that yet?
Hi nred, when you said your case was approved, does that mean you received something before you got your oath letter?
I recently (Dec 06, 2007) got my second FP. But, I am stuck in the name check for 2.5 years... It is really killing me. Please advice!! Thanks!!!!

I went to the immigration office and a lady at the reception told me that my backgroud check has is completed. She told my friend that he's still stuck. She told me to complete my 2nd FP. I did by walking in on 12/27. My FP date is 1/7 but i decided to speed things up by walking in on ASC. I called the same lady today she told me that FP has been updated but my Oath is not Schedule yet. I'm hoping to get the Oath letter sometimes this month. I believe your name has been cleared

Thanks a lot for the reply!

Hi NameCheck, what made you find the right timing to check the status?
And, how did you make the lady to give you the phone number? I remembered the time I went to USCIS office using info-pass. The lady there was not that friendly. She coldly informed that my case was pending for name check. When I asked how long the name check will be, she said there are a lot of people years before me are still waiting!
Which area are you in? NY? San Jose? I wonder different office may have different working speed, and maybe attitude. :(
Thanks!!

I'm in IL. The best way to get the I/O to be friendly&helpfull is that you'll have be super nice. Get the person's name and thank him/her.I usually say "Thank you so much, you've been very helpful, i really appreciate your help" Indicate your frustration politely on the phone or in person and explain that your situation is causing a lot of set back. I'm sure with the right tone, you'll will be attended to nicely, probably you'll be give enough info to keep you calm for the time being. By being super nice, the officer would remember you the next time you call. The other question is how to get the phone number? Check USCIS website for the local office number. Call the number, press zero for the operation explain your issue. He/she might not be able to help but may transfer you to someone who can. If that doesn't work, dial extensions on trial error you may be lucky to get someone that is willing to help. Try sending 1st lady a letter and send VP a letter, this sometimes help. Send a lot of letters.

Hi NameCheck, you're really super nice!!!

Indeed! :)

I called CIS 1-800 number this afternoon. They said my local office sent me a letter dated Dec 7 2007 regarding my case. The letter says that my case is under "review". (That sounds similar to NameCheck's letter) No information about my name check status or fingerprint. But, I never received anything so far. My local CIS office is just miles away. I don't understand how come a letter delivery is so slow that can take a month! The first class letter usually just takes 1-2 days to arrive in my area.

I am getting an info-pass and go to the local office next week. This really drives me crazy! :(

About a Month ago I was told by 2 different IO's on 2 different Occasions that FP's expire every 12 Month

Waitforsolong: It appears that you name has been cleared. If once case in under review it means they taking a second look at the case before final approval and oath