Any one gets 2nd FP recently?

About a Month ago I was told by 2 different IO's on 2 different Occasions that FP's expire every 12 Month

I can already envision yet another problem the USCIS will be plagued with. If it really is going to take 16-18 months to become naturalized, absolutely EVERYONE who applied after the July fiasco will have to be fingerprinted again! I'm still hoping that the 16-18 month timeline was pulled out of thin air (which, like everything else with the USCIS, it probably was), but I wonder how they'll explain that?:D

I ready something about N400 Delay in Red Eye today. I thinks it's getting a media attention little by little

That is what I have been saying and people keep coming back up with 15 month. Maybe it used to be 15 but as of now it is 12 month !

That can not be true. I had my IV notice and IV after 12 months of FP and never was asked to make 2nd FP. I had my IV just last month after 13 months since my FP.

Did you have same day Oath or were you given an Oath Date right then and there or did you had to wait for a Oath Letter or still have to wait ?

In my DO (Cleveland), there is no same day oath, we only have judicial oath ministed by District Court. Oath date generally in one to three months after interview per IO.

Following the web site (http://www.house.gov/stark/services/immigration.htm), under Fingerprint section, it states:

The automated scheduling system at the INS Service Center will send you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken at an INS facility close to you.

The fingerprints are sent to the INS Service Center.
The Service Center transmits the data to the FBI.
The FBI notifies the INS of the results. (The fingerprints have a lifetime of fifteen months. If your prints expire before you are naturalized, you will be scheduled for another appointment.)

This is just one of example from many official official resources.

Following the web site (http://www.house.gov/stark/services/immigration.htm), under Fingerprint section, it states:

The automated scheduling system at the INS Service Center will send you an appointment notice to have your fingerprints taken at an INS facility close to you.

The fingerprints are sent to the INS Service Center.
The Service Center transmits the data to the FBI.
The FBI notifies the INS of the results. (The fingerprints have a lifetime of fifteen months. If your prints expire before you are naturalized, you will be scheduled for another appointment.)

This is just one of example from many official official resources.

Thanks for all the info. They are usefull.

I received a letter from USCIS today. The letter asked me fill in form I-215W, also submit two recent pictures.

Have any of you got such letter before?

Thanks,

Did u receive this letter by mail? Are you applying for a boarding paper or what? Please explain what prompts this I-215W. You might have receive the letter in error. This is a trasportation letter. I think it allows you come into the United States in case you loose your GC or you born a Child out of US without a Passport and trying to bring the child in.

Last edited by a moderator: