Any one called INS-Nebraska ?

Any Update!!!

Today it has been 22 days since they stopped processing I-485 approvals.
I think we should start asking them about when they will start processing...
If they are still working on the system update, may be INS should hire some workers on H1B.
It is so upsetting; when they just stop processing our cases and say that it has to go through FBI.... FBI has its own problems to worry about why should they start taking INS responsibilities.

May be we should contact Dir. of Home land Sec. and ask him when he is going to let INS approve cases, after all he is there new big boss, and these orders must be issued from his department.

God please help...

here is the reply from sheela murthy office for my question about freeze

Thank you for your eMail. There is an article in the MurthyBulletin
regarding the temporary stoppage of approvals. INS is still processing adjustment of status and naturalization cases, it is just not issuing approval notices. This is a temporary issue due to changes in security related software. We will put any updates that we receive in the MurthyBulletin. The INS did say that they expected that this would only be a problem for a few weeks.

please post your updates here

Wow. they are 18 RFEs for September cases in rupnet.com but don't see any approvals yet. I wonder when do we see start seeing the approvals???

Anyway please update this thread if anyone spoke to IIO.

Thanks
-Mohan

My turn. Got a nice lady on the line. I asked her about my case. She told case is assigned to an officer and could take upto 2 months(????). No general inquiries from my side further.

RD. 09/24/01.

called IIO - 12-17-2002

ME - Good Afternoon SIR
IIO - Good Afternoon
ME - How are you SIR
IIO - I am Fine and how about You
ME - FIne Thankyou
IIO - How Can I Help you
ME - I know my case was assigned to IIO on 11-25-2002 and can i have the status
IIO - Can I have Your Receipt number
ME - LIN-02-013-XXXXX
IIO - Hold for a minute
IIO - Can I have SSN
ME - XXXXXXXXXXX
II0 - Date of Birth
ME - XXXXXXXXXX
IIO - Name
ME - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
IIO - yes the case is pending and due to new security checks all the cases are delayed.
ME - Will there some result before X-MAS
IIO - Case will take longer than that
ME - How long
IIO - Depends upon the load of the officer
ME - Thank you SIR
IIO - But i will write a note to the officer who has been assigned that you have enquired.
ME - Thank you and HAPPY X-MAS
IIO - Happy X-MAS

Ind061973

My
Rd -09-15-2001
ND -10-17-2001

No Idea about RFE or anything as the officer didnot say anything.