Any October 2010 filers yet?

KussyPoo

Registered Users (C)
Hi there!

I sent off my packet (I-130, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864) on September 30th with UPS overnight & it arrived in Chicago, IL on October 1st.. Now I'm waiting to hear from them, checks haven't been cashed yet either, which makes me kinda nervous, because I see so many timelines where the checks were cashed after 4-7 days.. Ah well, guess I'm still good for a few more days.

Did anyone else file in October so far? Let's compare timelines :)

Hey,

I sent in my forms on October 1st (Friday), they received it on the 3rd. I'll be calling the bank to verify if they cashed the checks or not. I used a cashier's check from the bank. I have limited money in my account, and I didn't want to end up spending money that could cause checks to be bounced/returned.

I've filed (I-130, I-485, I-693, I-765, I-864).. Here is a link to my post detailing it all.

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...-I-485-Concurrent-Filing-Submitted-10-01-2010

I'm kinda worried that your checks haven't cashed yet. Mine might not be cashed though, but I'll try and find out.

Edit: So unsurprisingly, the checks aren't cashed yet. I would assume yours would go through first before mine. Unless cashier checks go through a faster process than personal checks.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as they get cashed before the 14 day mark I think we should be fine.. The waiting is just sooo hard, I am so ready to get this over with!
Did you send off the electronic notification form too? Monday is a holiday, so we will have to wait until tuesday at least if they don't get cashed today.. how depressing lol.

Oh shoot! Forgot about Columbus Day.. Yeah.. Tuesday I guess it is. And yes, I sent off my e-notification form. I attached it to the front of I-130.

I added email and text messaging, and in my email I filtered it out so that it gets forwarded to my phone as text messages. Hehe.. don't want any chance to miss any information.

Good news! I just got a text message, they are sending out the Notice of Action for my forms! Yay!!

Also, I have a question.. Is it normal/bad that my application has been routed to the National Benefits Center for processing?

Yaay.. Congrats.. This makes me excited and anxious about my text message.. come on phone.. ALERT ME!!!

So, I just checked my online banking and our checks got cashed yesterday.. I hope you will hear something new soon too!

09/05/2010 - Married

10/01/2010 - Sent off I-130 packet by Priority mail
10/04/2010 - I-130 packet arrived in Chicago, IL
10/08/2010 - Text message with Receipt #s
10/08/2010 - Check cashed

10/05/10 - Sent I-130, I-485, I-693, I-765, etc
10/08/10 - Documents recieved by Chicago PO Box

Will update when checks cashed and I get my text message

Hi Everyone,
Just received my receipts for the I-485 and I-765. Wish everyone the best of luck and hope that we will support everyone as best as we can in this gruelling journey.

Just got 3 text messages and emails for Acceptance Confirmation. I have 3 case numbers assigned to me. Awaiting I-797 by mail.

I am now starting to get worried that my checks have not been cashed yet.. its already been 8 business days!

Personal Checks can take sometime to appear on your online bank statement. Also, on the same day I checked whether my checks were cashed or not, I received the text messages and email to confirm form acceptance. I got the text and emails at about 7:30pm EST.

Thanks! I didnt know about the email notification form when I sent my application to USCIS..so I will have to wait for my NOA in regular mail.

Guys, This is my time line!
10/08/2010 Sent - I-130, 1-485, I-765, I-131
Like others I am still waiting for email confirmation

rmuduga - I heard things are getting really slow lets hope they get processed soon!

I just got my case # yesterday 4x via email!

10/04/2010 => Package mailed to USCIS Chicago
10/07/2010 => Day 0 => Package received by USCIS Chicago
10/15/2010 => Day 8 => Email from USCIS with 4x receipt numbers MSC
10/16/2010 => Day 9 => Checks Cleared
xx/xx/201x => Day x => Notice of Action Received
xx/xx/201x => Day x => Biometrics Notification
xx/xx/201x => Biometrics Date
xx/xx/201x => Employment Authorization Document Received I-765
xx/xx/201x => Interview Letter
xx/xx/201x => Interview Date
xx/xx/201x => Green Card Received