Any October 2010 filers yet?

Melana85 could you shed more light as to what did the IO say, the AOS interview proceedure and why the IO cannot recommend for approval? May be some of the members can suggest something to make it faster.

Just got my Green card today in the mail. Would've been there yesterday if it wasn't for the blizzard!!!!

Melana, from what I understand, some IOs might be uncomfortable making decisions on the spot, and will rather update your case after a thorough review. Our thoughts and wishes are with you. Hopefully you'll get an e-update soon.

djhash did you get any status updates/emails after the GC interview till the receipt of your GC, or did the GC come in the mail without any notifications? thanks

My case was updated online to Card PRoduction, and I had it setup to send emails and TXT. I received both.

Edit: Oh, also by mail I received two envelopes, one for I485 addressed to me, and one for I130 addressed to my wife, both indicating that the applications were approved.

Melana85 could you shed more light as to what did the IO say, the AOS interview proceedure and why the IO cannot recommend for approval? May be some of the members can suggest something to make it faster.

i don't know, guys.... our officer was a mean lady, without saying Hi to us or even smile.
she couldn't believe how a jewish guy could marry a ukrainian girl cause the officer was a religious jewish lady... and we're not... so there were a lot of questions cause we're both students so we didn't have a big wedding...
anyways, in the end she said "I'm done with you FOR TODAY. you should receive the decision in the mail".

i don't know, guys.... our officer was a mean lady, without saying Hi to us or even smile.
she couldn't believe how a jewish guy could marry a ukrainian girl cause the officer was a religious jewish lady... and we're not... so there were a lot of questions cause we're both students so we didn't have a big wedding...
anyways, in the end she said "I'm done with you FOR TODAY. you should receive the decision in the mail".

Sorry to hear you didn't have a very pleasant experience.

I'm not sure if you read about my case (page 11), but my dad and I had a pretty ridiculous experience too and no decision was made. I was miserable for days but after the weekend I got the card production e-mail, and we got our green cards in the mail exactly 1 week and 2 days after the interview. Don't let it get to you! I still don't get why some IO's are just not approving on the spot...

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you! i had my interview today... no decision :(
we're hoping for the best...

Congrats on the interview!!! Sorry about the experience dont worry I think you got through, Hoping for the best. I didnt have a big wedding either only my husband and I and a witness so I dont think thats an issue.
Did they take your I-94?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully all will go well Melana, positive thoughts. Still waiting on my EAD approval NOA and the card, not sure what is the hold up with the mail, the first NOA was returned undelivered which was strange cuz I get everything else from USCIS, its been almost 2 weeks since they sent it again, may have to call the post office tomorrow to see if they can shed any light on the problem. Other than that just waiting waiting on the new IL with new date!!

Congrats on the interview!!! Sorry about the experience dont worry I think you got through, Hoping for the best. I didnt have a big wedding either only my husband and I and a witness so I dont think thats an issue.
Did they take your I-94?

they didn't take I-94 or my EAD or advance parole... that's why i'm kinda nervous

Just got my Green card today in the mail. Would've been there yesterday if it wasn't for the blizzard!!!!

Melana, from what I understand, some IOs might be uncomfortable making decisions on the spot, and will rather update your case after a thorough review. Our thoughts and wishes are with you. Hopefully you'll get an e-update soon.

Congrats....

well I hope everything goes good for you but it will be great if you can share your interview experience.

it was in Holtsville, NY, waited 30 minutes to be called so we had time to take a nap before :)))
then i was called. we went in, swore and once we sat down, the officer started asking my husband (USC):
1. Do you want to tell me how did you meet your wife?
2. Can you give more details?
3. How did you start dating?
4. Why didn't you have a big wedding?
5. Why didn't your family attend?
6. You're different religion. (That was not a question. She insisted on it)
7. Where does your wife's family live?
8. When did your wife enter the US?
9. How did your wife enter the US?
10. What month did you meet your wife?
11. Does your wife work?
12. Why did you get married?
13. Why would you get married if you both don't work?
14. If you don't work, how do you pay the bills?

then she asked me to show joint documents.
then questions to me
1. You're not jewish.
2. Did you meet your husband's family?
3. How many siblings does your husband have?
4. Do any of them live with you?
5. What school does your husband go to?
6. What does he study?
7. Why don't you have pictures with his family? (i showed her pictures)
8. Who is sponsoring you?
Then she asked me about people on our pictures

then she asked me "NO" questions.

then she came back to my husband
Why do you have different addresses on you IDs? (he had old address on his)
she went to make the copies of IDs, she came back and said she's done with us for today, wait for the decision in the mail...
I asked her if she needs any additional documents from us, she said NO, and we left.

our sleepless night came..

Why do you have different addresses on you IDs? (he had old address on his)
she went to make the copies of IDs, she came back and said she's done with us for today, wait for the decision in the mail...
I asked her if she needs any additional documents from us, she said NO, and we left.

our sleepless night came..

Well Thanks for posting your experience... and i will pray that you will get your GC soon but the only thing which bothers me is the copy of the ID's normally they do not copy it. But why didnt you both had the same address ID's coz my lawyer insisted both of us to have same address ID's.

Melana85, if this can help a bit to put your mind at ease, they almost forgot to take my I94 (I had to ask about it) and they did not take my EAD so I would not take those as too terrible signs. if they send you the approval notice and then the GC (as I think they will and I have all my fingers crossed for you!) just go to the closest USCIS office to surrender yout I94 so that you don't have problems leaving and re-entering the country.

And..........today I got my green card in the mail!!!!! :) :) :) I'm soooooooo happy! I already put down on the calendar the reminder for applying to remove the conditional approval in 1 year and 9 months :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting and Melana85 please let us know if you have any news!
HUGS!!!!

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11
12-22-2010 EAD approved and card production
12-30-2010 EAD received
01-06-2011 GC APPROVED!!!
01-11-2011 Rec'd Welcome Letter and I-130 approval letter
01-14-2011 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!! :)

Congrats everyone who got their green cards finally. Still waiting,.....between work and the waiting I swear I'm going insane!! Melana, I only have my passport as ID so I don't think it should be an issue. Will say a prayer for us all tonight! Jewish or no, haha! Positive thoughts!

I just got a text message and email saying that my case has been updated to post decision activity. When I checked they said they sent me an email saying that I have been approved and the mailed me a notice today.

Is that the welcome notice or is it just a regular approval notice from USCIS?

Melana85, if this can help a bit to put your mind at ease, they almost forgot to take my I94 (I had to ask about it) and they did not take my EAD so I would not take those as too terrible signs. if they send you the approval notice and then the GC (as I think they will and I have all my fingers crossed for you!) just go to the closest USCIS office to surrender yout I94 so that you don't have problems leaving and re-entering the country.

And..........today I got my green card in the mail!!!!! :) :) :) I'm soooooooo happy! I already put down on the calendar the reminder for applying to remove the conditional approval in 1 year and 9 months :)

Good luck to everyone still waiting and Melana85 please let us know if you have any news!
HUGS!!!!

10-13-2010 Sent to USCIS Chicago forms I-130, I-485, I-765, I-864, and I-693
10-14-2010 Delivered to USCIS Chicago (Received date on NOAs)
10-27-2010 Checks cashed
11-01-2010 Received in the mail 3xNOAs (I-130, I-485, I-765)
11-05-2010 Received appointment for biometrics (11/19)
11-15-2010 LUD I-485
11-19-2010 Biometrics done (appt)
11-19-2010 LUD I-130 and I-765
12-06-2010 Got IL for 01-06-11
12-22-2010 EAD approved and card production
12-30-2010 EAD received
01-06-2011 GC APPROVED!!!
01-11-2011 Rec'd Welcome Letter and I-130 approval letter
01-14-2011 GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!! :)

Congrats Annina!!!!! See you in removal of conditions!!!!