Any Oct-Nov-dec 2001 filers still left

I talked to a lawyer

Today I talked to a lawyer and he said there is nothing he can do. I am contacting another lawyer and let you know.

Lovsing and Khan_Bacha
Did you get the respond like the one I got that your name chack is pending since Jan. 2003. Please let me know. Am I alone or we are like each other?

By the way I have Canadian Citizenship? Any of you like me. Maybe they sent my file to Canada and checking my background there. Any of you has the same situation?

Kay2 said:
Today I talked to a lawyer and he said there is nothing he can do. I am contacting another lawyer and let you know.

Lovsing and Khan_Bacha
Did you get the respond like the one I got that your name chack is pending since Jan. 2003. Please let me know. Am I alone or we are like each other?

By the way I have Canadian Citizenship? Any of you like me. Maybe they sent my file to Canada and checking my background there. Any of you has the same situation?
My lawyer told me FBI only checks the records in U.S. I don’t know if it is true.

2nd FP is expiring

2nd FP done in May 2003. It is expiring while the name check is still being done...

Any of you guys has the same situation?

RD 10/01

Kay2 said:

Lovsing and Khan_Bacha

Hi Kay2

My one is also pending since Jan 2003.

I went to Vermont

Thanks Khan Bacha.

It seems we are in this together. I went to Vermont on Monday. They told me I have to wait for name check to be completed and there is nothing they can do. So do not waste your time going there. The window will be closed anyway on Spetember 1st. Peope were very nice there. Even police officers in the parking lot, but there was nothing they could do since my name check is still pending.

I also asked FBI for my file based one the freedom of act information using FIOPA form on line. They responded in one week and said I am not under any investigation and have not criminal record. I am wondering why my name check and your name check are still pending?!.
God help both of us.

Kay2 said:
Thanks Khan Bacha.

It seems we are in this together. I went to Vermont on Monday. They told me I have to wait for name check to be completed and there is nothing they can do. So do not waste your time going there. The window will be closed anyway on Spetember 1st. Peope were very nice there. Even police officers in the parking lot, but there was nothing they could do since my name check is still pending.

I also asked FBI for my file based one the freedom of act information using FIOPA form on line. They responded in one week and said I am not under any investigation and have not criminal record. I am wondering why my name check and your name check are still pending?!.
God help both of us.
Can we go to FBI? Any experience?

Send in expedite request for derivative

Hi I faxed a letter Monday as she was told in MAy that the case is with an Adjudicating officer and should hear in 30 -60 days.

I think

the name check requests might be lying somewhere at the FBI offices where people ignore them.

Otherwise how could we be in such a situation?? INS just sends requests to FBI, they do nothing but wait for the FBI endlessly. I think nothing would get better unless something is done with the FBI.

By the way, not only the INS--but also my congressman--does not want to call FBI for the name check details.

Cole said:
the name check requests might be lying somewhere at the FBI offices where people ignore them.

Otherwise how could we be in such a situation?? INS just sends requests to FBI, they do nothing but wait for the FBI endlessly. I think nothing would get better unless something is done with the FBI.

By the way, not only the INS--but also my congressman--does not want to call FBI for the name check details.
I am still waiting for the name check. Looks like FBI is a dead loop. What can we do? ic

Going to FBI

I am not sure whether we can go to FBI and they have a public window like Vermont center

just a thought for the weekend

called 800 #
they said case pending and nothing else. till i told them i got an email from FBI stating my name check is complete, he said yesit is.

The person also said there is name check (yes i asked him 3 times name check ) is pending from 8-03 - i told him that is time i went for fp 2 and he said no this is different. Also some thing was done i.e an investigative report done in may 04 is also complete.

My conclusion is there are many different check and report excluding IBIS, Name check. and FP 2. the congress person's aide was very eager to call CIS 2 x per month, but after name check she was not very enthusiastic.
I will go to VSC and give it a last try!

I-140 approved 1998
ND 10-01
rd 12-01
h1b extension year 7 pending.
On Interim EAD
AD?

292641 said:
called 800 #
they said case pending and nothing else. till i told them i got an email from FBI stating my name check is complete, he said yesit is.

The person also said there is name check (yes i asked him 3 times name check ) is pending from 8-03 - i told him that is time i went for fp 2 and he said no this is different. Also some thing was done i.e an investigative report done in may 04 is also complete.

My conclusion is there are many different check and report excluding IBIS, Name check. and FP 2. the congress person's aide was very eager to call CIS 2 x per month, but after name check she was not very enthusiastic.
I will go to VSC and give it a last try!

I-140 approved 1998
ND 10-01
rd 12-01
h1b extension year 7 pending.
On Interim EAD
AD?

God knows what they are doing with our cases.

My Ongressman contacted FBI

I got a letter from my congressman. I think they contacted FBI. He says that there are many sceurity background checks not only FBI. It includes international security checks.
I asked FBI using FIOPA to send me my file. They sent me in one wek and told me that I have not been under any investigation and has no record. My guess is the waiting is for international checks from other countrie. I have been in Canada for several years and my guess is that is holding my name check still pending. Anybody else has similar experience?