Any Oct 2001 RD left with me?

Cole

Registered Users (C)
RD: Oct2001.

RFE: Feb 2003.
2FP: May 2003.

nothing since May 0f 2003.
tried congressman, senator, no help

I guess you will find lot of Oct'01 filers who are waiting. I think you will hear something before your 2nd FP gets expired or probably sooner. Good luck.

Dont worry, Me too

ND 10-01
RD 12-01

Fp1- 1-02
Fp 2 8-03.

No RFE waiting for security/background name check, which cleared and now are gain pending i.e. back to square one.
Above info from Senator no help.

2 expedite requests denied.

Gone are the days of first EAD, second EAD, third EAD....

Are we entering into the era of first FP, second FP, third FP... ????

when were your name check cleared? how long you been waiting after that?

cole,

you might try to contact FBI to find out if your name check is done (not finger print, but name check)

I suggest all of you fax a letter to VSC

Requesting them to expedite your cases. Do not forget to include your I-485 RD, ND, EAC#, A# etc. Also mention your return address and fax # (if possible)

Cole, I think you should also express your concern of your 2nd FP expiring within 3 more months - which'll further delay your case.

You'll definitely receive a reply for your fax - either in mail or by fax. Most probably they'll say that your case did not satisfy the expedite criteria. But you'll see some movement on your case in next few weeks (This is my experience).

Goodluck!

Still hanging

here, too. I've passed the worried zone now. I'm waiting and continuing with my life.

Take it easy. The day will come eventually. I believe GOD has a purpose for our arrangements.

rd 12/03/2001

eac-02053****
FP: 10/7/2002
LAST UPDATE: 01/06/2004
no RFE
Sent faxes, letters to BICS and congrassman. useless......

Count me in.

My details:
Applied I-485: October 11th 2001
First FP: April, 2002
Second: Dec 2003,
So far got 1st, 2nd, 3rd EAD.
Contacted Congressman office. It seems they issued RFE recently and it's going to take 2 - 4 Weeks to receive. I still don't have any clue what it contains...:( .

It's really Frustrating......

to lz25888

I was told it cleared Mid march but the hold up was the derivative case. The derivative case got FP notice issued the same day( got one week after) but no move ment in my case.

Called for status again was advised name check pending mid april.

Re: I suggest all of you fax a letter to VSC

Originally posted by vidongre
Requesting them to expedite your cases. Do not forget to include your I-485 RD, ND, EAC#, A# etc. Also mention your return address and fax # (if possible)

Cole, I think you should also express your concern of your 2nd FP expiring within 3 more months - which'll further delay your case.

You'll definitely receive a reply for your fax - either in mail or by fax. Most probably they'll say that your case did not satisfy the expedite criteria. But you'll see some movement on your case in next few weeks (This is my experience).

Goodluck!

He is right!!! Guys listen to him. This is will definately trigger your case!!! Here's the expedite fax#
802-527-4816.

I was told it cleared Mid march but the hold up was the derivative case. The derivative case got FP notice issued the same day( got one week after) but no move ment in my case.

Called for status again was advised name check pending mid april.

cleared Mid March and pending again in mid april? the derivative case should not hold up the primiry case .

if the FBI name check is cleared in mid March, I don't think it needs to be cleared again. :confused:

fax won't do a thing, at least for me :(

Sam,

Here's the format - I'd sent a detailed letter like this. You can add/remove any pieces as per your case details. I had also faxed the I-485 receipts along with the fax. Don't send more than 6 pages including fax cover sheet.

I sent a fax on March 1st. I received a response in mail on March 10th saying I do not fall under expedite category. Also, I should not fax such request as I had sought congressional help.

I didn't do anything after that. Our cases were approved on April 1st.

Your name
Your address
fax/phone
Date:

To,
Director
Vermont Service Center of USCIS

Subject: Expedite Request for I-485 application with receipt date {RD}

Dear Sir/Madam,

{My husband/wife and} I have our I-485 applications filed at VSC since {RD}. Ours is an employment based (EB-2) application and I am the primary applicant.

According to the processing times published by USCIS, VSC is currently processing EB2 applications with RD ... Whereas our RD is {RD}

We received a request for evidence on.... and we replied and the website shows the updated status on .... [expand this para]

Further to that, we completed our 2nd FP on {2nd FP date}. However the online case status does not reflect any information abour our 2nd FP.

So far we have initiated {3} status queries through NCSC and we have never receievd any response from USCIS. [This was true for us so I wrote]

The NCSC phone enquiries have resulted in asking us to wait for 30-60 days since October 2003.

This been said, I do not know if there's some kind of center error that is causing the delay/backlog in the adjudication of our I-485 applications.

I understand that VSC processes thousands of applications every day and processing times could vary case by case. However, as our cases are backlogged and as I have failed to receive any clear communication from USCIS, I would like to present this fax request to review our applications and expedite the adjudication of our cases.

I would also appreciate if you could suggest an estimated processing time for the adjudication of our applications in your reply. [This statement is important]

Here is my contact information for any further communication -
Name
Address
Phone
Email
Fax

And here are our case details -

[In table format]

Applicant Name
A#
Type of application - I-485[EB2]
RD
ND
Receipt Number

Thank you very much for reading this request and hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
{Your Name}

Originally posted by vidongre
Sam,

Here's the format - I'd sent a detailed letter like this. You can add/remove any pieces as per your case details. I had also faxed the I-485 receipts along with the fax. Don't send more than 6 pages including fax cover sheet.

I sent a fax on March 1st. I received a response in mail on March 10th saying I do not fall under expedite category. Also, I should not fax such request as I had sought congressional help.

I didn't do anything after that. Our cases were approved on April 1st.

Your name
Your address
fax/phone
Date:

To,
Director
Vermont Service Center of USCIS

Subject: Expedite Request for I-485 application with receipt date {RD}

Dear Sir/Madam,

{My husband/wife and} I have our I-485 applications filed at VSC since {RD}. Ours is an employment based (EB-2) application and I am the primary applicant.

According to the processing times published by USCIS, VSC is currently processing EB2 applications with RD ... Whereas our RD is {RD}

We received a request for evidence on.... and we replied and the website shows the updated status on .... [expand this para]

Further to that, we completed our 2nd FP on {2nd FP date}. However the online case status does not reflect any information abour our 2nd FP.

So far we have initiated {3} status queries through NCSC and we have never receievd any response from USCIS. [This was true for us so I wrote]

The NCSC phone enquiries have resulted in asking us to wait for 30-60 days since October 2003.

This been said, I do not know if there's some kind of center error that is causing the delay/backlog in the adjudication of our I-485 applications.

I understand that VSC processes thousands of applications every day and processing times could vary case by case. However, as our cases are backlogged and as I have failed to receive any clear communication from USCIS, I would like to present this fax request to review our applications and expedite the adjudication of our cases.

I would also appreciate if you could suggest an estimated processing time for the adjudication of our applications in your reply. [This statement is important]

Here is my contact information for any further communication -
Name
Address
Phone
Email
Fax

And here are our case details -

[In table format]

Applicant Name
A#
Type of application - I-485[EB2]
RD
ND
Receipt Number

Thank you very much for reading this request and hoping to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,
{Your Name}

Thanks for the format vidongre.

Vidongre, you got lucky man. I wrote exactly the same letter 3 times, however i always got the letter that my case does not qualify for expedite requests.

However, i think it did trigger the case where they looked at my file and RFE was generated. or maybe it was the time for my case to get reviewed.

God knows what happened. No theory works with USCIS.

Originally posted by tufan
Vidongre, you got lucky man. I wrote exactly the same letter 3 times, however i always got the letter that my case does not qualify for expedite requests.

However, i think it did trigger the case where they looked at my file and RFE was generated. or maybe it was the time for my case to get reviewed.

God knows what happened. No theory works with USCIS.

tufan,
Did you follow up with your Senator after 60 days? May be they can ask for case status again from VSC.

Sam99, senators are working on the case. that's what they told me. Unfortunately as you already know that I had sent in the RFE, i am sure the senators will also come with standard response, wait 60 days for the RFE to get processed.

So.. i am not calling anybody as 800# tierII officer, senators...everybody will tell the same thing.

lz25888

this information was conveyed by the Senators office. The last told me cases separated and my employer has been calling the senators office with back ground check pending after they had cleared in mid march 2004.