Any November filers?

Congrats. I see no updates on my case but I am not worried.

Hi maggyban:

Thanks! I still don't see update for my I-485 even I've received an IL. And I am so glad to see Nov. filers are confident of any different situation.

God bless us!!! :)

I highly suggest you to call them now instead of waiting for infopass appointment.

Thanks for the suggestion, Eleanor. I called earlier and surprisingly got to talk to a representative pretty easily. Got to know that it's abnormal that FP notice is not received after 30 days of application filed. However, since I was inquiring for my parents, they need to get my parents' permission to order the FP notice, so I have to call again as I was calling from my company. Good luck to all of us! :)

It's really strange that the USCIS gave different answers on different representatives, yesterday I was told that finger print notice should be send out 30 days after they received the application, this morning, it changed to be FP notice has nothing to do with the interview notice and it could be sent out later than the interview notice. Totally confused. :( Guess I'll keep calling until get the former say again. heehee... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi maggyban:

01/09/08(Day69): LUD - order EAD
01/10/08(Day70): LUD - approve AP
01/14/08(Day74): LUD & Rec'd EAD
Is that information available Online? Or do they send you an email that they ordered EAD or approved AP? All I see in my account is a "Last Updated" date, and no status!! Am I missing something here?

It's really strange that the USCIS gave different answers on different representatives, yesterday I was told that finger print notice should be send out 30 days after they received the application, this morning, it changed to be FP notice has nothing to do with the interview notice and it could be sent out later than the interview notice. Totally confused. :( Guess I'll keep calling until get the former say again. heehee... ;)

Both statements may be correct. USCIS typically try to do cases in a certain order but sometimes if the DO has open slots for interview you can get it before doing the FP. Since in some or many cases the office where you do the FP is different from the one where you do the interview and may be full at the time. For example, I did my FP in Baltimore but will interview in Pittsburgh. Also, my interview ND was 2 days before I did my FP.

That being said, I hope that things work out for you. Keep checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that information available Online? Or do they send you an email that they ordered EAD or approved AP? All I see in my account is a "Last Updated" date, and no status!! Am I missing something here?

Hi mt100:

Yes, they are available online everytime they email me notice. For EAD I have received two email notices. One is telling you your card has been ordered. Another is approval. Actually, I don't really know why they need to send me the second one of EAD approval. Jan 9 I received the LUD of ordering EAD. In fact, they have already ordered in Jan 4/5 2008 that shows it on my card. It took them 10 days to approve and mail to me.

About having LUD without updating the status. I don't know exactly what happens. Some of them just have updated date without updating the status. Some of them like I-485 has never shown up anything but I have received my interview letter.

Hope this info will be helpful.

Hi duckydoggy:

Sorry you have different response from different representatives. I agree to you. Keep calling them till you get two to three representatives have the same exact answer. The second response is weird.

Good luck!:)

FP done today

I had done my FP today at 3.30 pm and when get back home and checked online my status for I485/765were updated for today.
Just to mention You need your Photo ID and appointment letter.
One important information there were no WALK IN appts available and I saw couple of people were refused and they have also written notice on walls for this.

J1-> H1-> File Petition based on spouse of USC
11/16/07 Sent I485/130/765/693/G325a/131/864 to Chicago lock box
11/23/07 RD All
11/29/07 ND (I 130, 765 and 485)
12/03/07 Received NOA (I 130, 765 and 485)
12/04/07 LUD I485/130/765/131
12/26/07 FP (appointment 01/17/08) (ND 12/20/07)
01/17/08 FP done
01/17/08 LUD I485/765

I had done my FP today at 3.30 pm and when get back home and checked online my status for I485/765were updated for today.
Just to mention You need your Photo ID and appointment letter.
One important information there were no WALK IN appts available and I saw couple of people were refused and they have also written notice on walls for this.

J1-> H1-> File Petition based on spouse of USC
11/16/07 Sent I485/130/765/693/G325a/131/864 to Chicago lock box
11/23/07 RD All
11/29/07 ND (I 130, 765 and 485)
12/03/07 Received NOA (I 130, 765 and 485)
12/04/07 LUD I485/130/765/131
12/26/07 FP (appointment 01/17/08) (ND 12/20/07)
01/17/08 FP done
01/17/08 LUD I485/765

Congratulations!:)

Congratulations!:)

Thanks Eleanor
I was little surprised the ASC was not allowing the WALK IN appt, as previously I found in forum couple of people did that. This might be centre to centre policy. But I'll advise people to follow USCIS schedule on the letters. Going early won't warrant the admission into centre and to speed up the process of AOS.
Secondly what I am expecting from USCIS for next step now, Any Insight.

Rate this forum for NOV filer

I think NOV filers are very helpful to each other and also to other people, one big example is Eleanor, who always respond promptly.
We should start rating our thread.So start voting. I did that . Now its other people turn

Further updates on my case but don't know what they are

Hi
They again updated my 485 and 765 today ( as they updated yesterday after FP 01/17/08). What does this mean? Just want to understand USCIS administrative procedure