Any non Muslim Indian denied H1B due to security check ?

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Has an non muslim Indian passport holder been denied H1 visa in Canada due to security check ?

I have US degree and I also have done stamping in Canada once before - what are the chances of getting stuck ?

Thanks

Does anyone know whats the avg time for security check for Indian passport ? What is the % of Indian citizen applicants going for name check in Canada ?
Thanks

Your question is offensive to our Moslem friends in this forum. What has the religion to do with your inquiry!?

AggieCh
I tend to disagree. Muslim friends will themselves attest to the fact that they are more likely then avg to have their names stuck in name check.
Actually I think its standard procedure for some nationalities like Pakistan where I havent come across a Paki passport holder who hasnt been asked to go through a name check.

I agree with you. But several nationalities are stuck too regardless of their religion, even my European friends are facing the same problem.

It is not religion, it is the frequency/usage of the name. Since "Mohammed", "Ahmed", etc are very common muslims names (first and family), muslim candidates are more likely to get "stuck/delayed" due to name check. Every visa applicant is run through the system. If your name is not common, your check will return in less than 60 seconds, thus it will appear that you never went through the name check process.
I am Pakistani and USCIS/DHS was aware of this fact during my K-1, AOS and N-400 processes. I never got stuck or delayed due to name check, and my surname is a spelling variant of Pakistan's medium-range ballistic missile :(

Triple,
I wasnt talking about USCIS name checks but rather State Department name checks at a US Embassy or Consulate outside the US.

Ah, "Visa Eagle Mantis" and "Visa Donkey Mantis" checks. Those are based on citizenship (not religon) and/or profession of applicant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you. But several nationalities are stuck too regardless of their religion, even my European friends are facing the same problem.

AggieCh,
Where from Europe are your friends from ? I am from Albania and althought my name is not common I am a little worried about the name check.
Thanks in advance