Any NIW approval from NSC??

Bhola2004

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I have a friend who filed NIW at NSC on October, 2003. He has been approaved in 4/18/2005. Any other news or post from other??

Bhola 2004

Except for a few very old cases, there are no much movement on
NIW cases @NSC.

This seems to be a sad reality:
While NSC are proving EB2 and EB3 cases up to Dec 2004, we still see
no light on NIW.

rabbish said:
NIW cases @NSC.

no light on NIW.

I filed NIW at NSC 5/2004, got RFE 1/2005, sent out response to RFE 4/2005, so far have not heard anything.

NIW at NSC

Hello Graduation 2003,

Did you filed concurrent or only I-140? Please post your details about refiling questions. Is it a self petition? I appreciate your feedback.

NIW at NSC

Hello Graduation 2003,

Did you filed concurrent or only I-140? Please post your details about refiling questions. Is it a self petition? I appreciate your feedback.

Bhola2004

Bhola2004 said:
Hello,

I have a friend who filed NIW at NSC on October, 2003. He has been approaved in 4/18/2005. Any other news or post from other??

Bhola 2004

My friend applied NIW concurrently in Jan2005, got RFE on the 9th of May. Application was done through an attorney.

Bhola2004 said:
Hello Graduation 2003,

Bhola2004

Hi Bhola2004,

It was self petition. After I received RFE, I got an attorney to response the RFE. I filed my I-485/EAD/AP in 3/2005, EAD/AP approved, waiting for FP notice.

HI, Bhola2004 , graduate2003, septo3niw:
Could you guys share the names of your attorney? How do you feel about your lawyer and attorney fees/

Thanks in advance

sad reality

rabbish said:
NIW cases @NSC.

no light on NIW.

It seems there are several EB3 cases approved but no NIWs. NSC is way behind than other centers on NIWs.

Somebody should do something about the huge delay of processing NIW in NSC!

Every month, there are lawyers updating their list of NIW approvals. ALL of them are from the other three centers! That is NOT fair! Why should they have the same pace and standard? Why should we be stuck here only because we happen to reside in the Midwest?

Should we all write and sign a letter to whatever agency that looks over NSC?

=====
NSC NIW140, 485 concurrent
RD 08/4/2004
ND 08/6/2004
FP done 11/03/2004
140 AD ???
485 AD ???
:mad:

flywash said:
Every month, there are lawyers updating their list of NIW approvals. ALL of them are from the other three centers! That is NOT fair! Why should they have the same pace and standard? Why should we be stuck here only because we happen to reside in the Midwest?

Should we all write and sign a letter to whatever agency that looks over NSC?

=====
NSC NIW140, 485 concurrent
RD 08/4/2004
ND 08/6/2004
FP done 11/03/2004
140 AD ???
485 AD ???
:mad:

I don't know whether this helps. Anyways, some update for my case:
USCIS received my response to RFE for both NIW and EB11 on 4/18/05, no LUD changed since 4/18. But yesterday, NIW LUD changed and EB11 LUD changed today. Are they working on my case? Please give me your advice.
I have an FP appointment for next week. Thanks.

140 LUD change, then stop

I concurrently filed NIW 140/485 in May, 2004. 140 LUD did not change until 5/13/2005, then stop, no change again. I was hoping they were touching my case, but now, very disappointed.

RFE Issued

Just look at online status, it says a letter requiring RFE was sent out 5/18/05. Seem like LUD change do work. But I am so sad and nervous. I will update RFE details when I get it.

let us know

please let us know. My REF questions were terrible. What about you? Please post your credentials too.
thanks
Bhola

I have not got RFE yet. I will post ASAP. My background is post-doc in a high rank university, 10 publications (6 first author), couple awards including best paper awards from a national conferences, two memberships, 9 reference letters, two paper reviewings.

To graduation2003, have you get news from INS for your 140? Best wishes to you. I do think LUD change is working.

NIWwaiting said:
I have not got RFE yet. I will post ASAP. My background is post-doc in a high rank university, 10 publications (6 first author), couple awards including best paper awards from a national conferences, two memberships, 9 reference letters, two paper reviewings.

To graduation2003, have you get news from INS for your 140? Best wishes to you. I do think LUD change is working.

Hi NIWwaiting, thank you for your best wishes. I have not heard anything so far. My last LUD change is 5/19. I have a FP appointment later this week, so hopefully, both of my I-140 and I-485 LUD will change after FP. Best wishes to you too.

NIWwaiting said:

Hi, NIWwaiting: your case is so strong. I was wondering how you can get a RFE. I think it would be an easy REF. By the way, are all those papers punlished in English journals? Do you have some citations too? thanks.

help on RFE

Hi, guys, I just get RFES. My background : Ph.D. in Ok USA university in health science, post-doc now in top university, 13 articles (7 first English papers), couple awards, invited reviewer on two journals, two memberships, 9 reference letters from USA univeristies (50 % independent)

1. The evidence of record indicated you have co-authored 13 research articles and are lead author in 10 publications, while this is an impressive record, however, this evidence it itself, is insufficient to demonstrate that your qualifications significantly exceed the “prospective national benefit” The petitioner has not shown that total of 5 citations out of 13 published articles adequately distinguishes her work from that of other capable researchers in the field.

I know 5 citations are too few. What else can I do?

2. The criteria used to select awards you received are unknown and scholarships are not self-evident proof of the significance of a particular project or of the role of one researcher.

I received two best paper awards from National conference when I present posters there. In one of my reference letter, a professor who issued me the awards mention he selected me out of hundreds of applicant pool. I also got scholarships from My Ph.D. University. What can I do for this; the awards were couple years ago. Should I ask some official letter to support the criteria?

3. Your membership in professor associations together with information presented in several witness letters, are evidence of recognition for achievement and contributions, thus fulfilling criteria pertaining to the exceptional ability standard. However, in matter of NYSDT, because exceptional ability is not by itself sufficient cause for a NIW, the benefit which the alien presents to his field of endeavor must greatly exceed the “achievements and significant contributions” contemplated in the regulation at 8 CFR”

I do not quite understand what they want from me? Do they want more evidence about membership, or they just simply say this is not enough?

4. Provide additional evidence from individuals outside your prior cycle…
I think I just need some more letters. Usually how many letters good for RFE? Are the letters outside USA working?

5. Since my H-1 B just start, they do not see the “nation will be deprived of your services in the near future. In addition, if qualified, you could pursue classification as a first preference “outstanding researcher” or as a second or third preference professions. You might specify what consequences would occur if you were unable to begin your work” You may submit letters from recognized national experts in the filed explaining how your participations would benefit the national interest.
I think I need more reference letters from USA.

Overall, for 4-5, I need submit more letters. For 1-3, I do not quite understand what I should do? Do they want more evidences for citation, awards, membership, or they just simply say those are not enough? I am so nervous right now . Is this a bad RFE? Do I still have hope? Any suggestions are very welcome! :confused:

Rfe

Sorry I did not make clear the point 5.

Here is the original words " Finally you have not adequately demonstrated that the pursuit of a labor certification on your behalf would aversely impact the national interest. It appears you recenlty otained a change of status to that of an H-1 B nonimmgrant in August of 2003. Given the six-year limitation of stay available to H-1 B workers, it does not appear that the nation will be deprived of your services in the newar future. In additon, if qualified, you could pursure classfiication as a first preference "outstanding researcher" or as a second or third preference professional. You might specify what consequences would occur if you were unable to begin ot continue your participation in the activity?..... You may submit letters from recognized national experts in the field explaining how your participation would benefit the national interest. "

That is total hogwash! According to this logic, everyone who has enough time on H1B is automatically disqualified for NIW no matter how much they can contribute to the national interest? (Because, according to them, as long as you have enough time on H1B, the nation won't be deprived of your service) I think you should hire a good lawyer to address the 5th point.