any news from october filers? A little worried

smee

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I have a PD of Oct 1, check cashed Nov 11, NOA Nov 20, and got my fingerprints done on Dec 19 . No interview letter yet! I noticed from some other threads that some November filers already have interviews scheduled. I filed at the NSC. I am starting to get rather anxious, but probably unnecessarily

Two questions:

1. Should I be worried about the dreaded name check or is this within the normal time frame? Should I schedule an Infopass if I don't get the letter in a week or two?

2. Does it seem to others that those who were stuck in the summer backlog (it took them 6 weeks to cash my check and almost 8 to issue a receipt) are being processed slower than those who filed in Nov, Dec, Jan?

Please see my signature below. No IL yet. Scheduled InfoPass and they say all looks good. Wait until April 15 to get IL. I think it also depends on your local DO and how many are in line for Interview.

Does it seem to others that those who were stuck in the summer backlog (it took them 6 weeks to cash my check and almost 8 to issue a receipt) are being processed slower than those who filed in Nov, Dec, Jan?

It certainly seems that way. My check took 13 weeks to get cashed, another 2 weeks to get a receipt, and I'm still waiting for an IL as well. We've already speculated on a different thread that the service centers may have created small groups of IOs to work on the applications received after the summer crush, in order to prevent a further backlog, whereas the majority of their staff are clearing out backlog applications. In the NYC thread, 2 late December applicants with the same PD received ILs, whereas most of us are still waiting. Draw your own conclusions.

thanks for the info! that alleviates the concern a little bit. if you heard april 15 after doing infopass it probably doesn't make much sense for me to start stressing.
no point complaining i guess, but it does seem ridiculous that the first batch of us who applied under the highest fees are getting penalized the most in terms of processing times. even a week or two later seems to be making a difference. most people who filed in nov or dec got their checks cashed and receipts right away! oh well.
thanks again for your prompt responses-- i will stop chewing on my fingernails for now!

not sure if I undrestood you right, but I'll answer with copypaste of my earlier post:

Interview Date depends on FBI Name Check clearance and on now busy is your Local Field Office, so don't compare your own priority date and progress to any other Service Centers or Filed Offices timelines - only compare with your own.

Locate your Field Office by zip here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of....office_type=LO
Find your Field Office's official processing dates https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp
Find people from your Field Office on this forum or others, for example this one has lots of Field Office specific info - look for your city's name here on forum in threads called like "New York tracking"

Called USCIS, spoke to an IO. Good news FP and Name check cleared.

CSC-Los Angeles
Oct 3rd - PD
Nov 6 - check cashed, number 2 08 XXXX= WSC*002 08 XXXX
Nov 30 - NOA1 (425 days)
Dec 16 - FP letter
Jan 16, 2008 - FP done

Called USCIS, spoke to an IO. Good news FP and Name check cleared.

CSC-Los Angeles
Oct 3rd - PD
Nov 6 - check cashed, number 2 08 XXXX= WSC*002 08 XXXX
Nov 30 - NOA1 (425 days)
Dec 16 - FP letter
Jan 16, 2008 - FP done
Did the IO give you an idea of when your interview date might be? LA DO is reporting that they are processing cases with a PD of about June 30, 2007 (this was as of February 15th). I assume that by now they are into July, but obviously there were a lot of applications received in July. Just wondered if they gave you an estimate of when they would get to cases with a PD of October 2007.

Relax...I think all will get their ILs soon...
It seems to be based on how busy your local office is..

It seems to be based on how busy your local office is..

I wish that was the case. I am quite sure that Des Moines DO is not that busy. Especially compared to Chicago or New York where the amount of USCIS cases is way more. Still they like to take their sweet time for some odd reason. You call the reps and they can only tell you what you see online. Can anyone tell me who I can talk to in order to find out if my name check has been cleared? Last I spoke to an IO, I was told that I am in queue for the interview. That was back around the end of January.

my field office is chicago. i scheduled an infopass for next friday, the 14th so they should be able to give me some info on the namecheck and fingerprints then. hopefully it will alleviate my anxiety, not add to it!
any advice from those of you who have done infopass? did you take all your supporting docs with you?

I can only suggest patience with this process. Everything seems to take longer than you expect, and unless the delays are getting excessive there is little you can do about it. For example it took us 4.5 months from fingerprinting to receive the interview letter. It has now been 4+ weeks since we passed the interview and are still waiting for the oath letter! There is no easy answer to this except watchful monitoring, and then followup when the delays become excessive eg 120 days from interview with no letter.