any new approvals??

alikhere,
My dates closely match to yours...did you have any LUD's after FP2 ?

EB3, India, VSC to TSC transferred 03/15/07
PD: 02/2002
I140: 07/2004 (Approved)
I485: RD/ND: 09/2004 AD: ???
EAD1: Don't remember
EAD2: Don't remember
EAD3: Don't remember

NC cleared
FP1: 04/05 (Code 3)
FP2: 07/31/07 (Code 1)
No LUD's after FP2

No LUDs...well..atleast we have something in common..lets wait and see dude!!

missed the flight in 2004 before retrogression derailed our train in Jan 2005.....
seems we are gonna missed this time tooo.....

No approvals today? 8/20?

No approvals today? 8/20?
I don't see approvals on either the TSC nor the NSC side.
Is it the calm before the approval storm or is it the recently closed new filers window with a flood of 300k applications or is it nuances from the VB fiasco fallout?

Technically, 08/20(today) is the first effective business day for August visa bulletin, since USCIS had kinda extended July Visa bulletin till 17th August. Per August visa bulletin, most of the EB categories are unavailable. Wonder if this is the reason for the calmness of approvals.

Technically, 08/20(today) is the first effective business day for August visa bulletin, since USCIS had kinda extended July Visa bulletin till 17th August.

USCIS clearly stated the reason for the August 17th filing deadline: to give people the same 30/31-day filing window that they would have got if USCIS/DoS hadn't done their last-second bulletin switch on July 2nd.

Nowhere in their bulletins have I seen any reference to August 17th, so I'm not sure where the confusion is. AFAIK, there is no connection between visa availability and Aug 17th filing deadline. Perhaps more knowledgeable people can enlighten me if I'm mistaken.

As per the previous pattern ( though 'pattern' and 'USCIS' don't go together ) , usually Mondays are dull with very few or zero approvals. So I hope it is the calm before the storm (of approvals ) :)

what he said

agree - and technically there should have not been any approvals in August, but those approvals are keeping hope alive for those of us waiting.

USCIS clearly stated the reason for the August 17th filing deadline: to give people the same 30/31-day filing window that they would have got if USCIS/DoS hadn't done their last-second bulletin switch on July 2nd.

Nowhere in their bulletins have I seen any reference to August 17th, so I'm not sure where the confusion is. AFAIK, there is no connection between visa availability and Aug 17th filing deadline. Perhaps more knowledgeable people can enlighten me if I'm mistaken.