any new approvals??

mv1211

Registered Users (C)
Please post any new approvals from today onward.

Although not sure, but I think today is another important hurdle we need to cross. With all the confusion surrounding visa availability and dates I think August 17th was another important date.

Who knows how USCIS is working. I have not seen any approval post yet but its only early morning though but need at least one approval for EB-3 from today's date to keep our hope alive so please post if you have one.

Thanks.

MV

mv1211,

Do you know USCIS assigned visa number to you case ?

My hope is fading everyday now... it seems we will be stuck in retro again.

Hudakchullu.

Despite the rash of LUDs that I had after sending my RFE response, I am also one of the few who are losing heart. Not sure how many more years I am looking at now. :0(

No idea. How do I find out? I do not know of a way to find that out if I have visa allocated. Let me know if you know of any. I had initiated a SR for which response came back as everything is clear and we are processing....which is full of crap.

Congressman route didnt yield any result. They told me wait for 45 days. It has been more than that and no response yet. Congressman has initiated another query. I think Congressman route only works for well established Congressman not for every one or new comers. Mine is a novice. They always send snail mail and have not much insight.

MV

mv1211,

Do you know USCIS assigned visa number to you case ?

My hope is fading everyday now... it seems we will be stuck in retro again.

Hudakchullu.

How do I find out? I do not know of a way to find that out if I have visa allocated. Let me know if you know of any.

Try Infopass. If the officer you get is generous enough, he/she may give you that information (usually, it is in the form of "your case is pre-adjudicated"). If the officer is in a particularly excellent mood, he/she may even show you the screen with information about your application.

Calling up TSC is a dicey option. Some IOs are very polite, and yet completely misleading. Others are just misleading (and not polite). Rarely will you get someone who actually gives you correct information - and yet they may not know how to tell if a visa has been assigned to you.

That's why this game is so much fun.

Hey marooned42 ,

At last week's infopass, I was told that your case is pre-adjudicated. Does it means visa # is allocated to my case?

Good Luck!

Hudakchullu.

Congressman's office contacted TSC for a second time (after my 'additonal review...6 months' SR letter) and told me that my case was still in 'Exams area' as per their inquiry....whatever that means!

Last edited by a moderator:
Desperation is creeping in now!! I don't have any idea as to whether a visa number has been allocated or not...but I'm hoping to see something very soon...
I'm planning to change my job next month and I hope to have my GC by then...
"Hope" is such a wonderful thing!!

At last week's infopass, I was told that your case is pre-adjudicated. Does it means visa # is allocated to my case?

You have to realize that it's as good a guess as any. I don't have specific posts to point you to, but the general idea I've gotten is that pre-adjudicated cases had been allocated visa numbers during the marathon USCIS sessions at the end of June. It's not clear why the approvals have been so staggered, but that's how it is.

If I had specific knowledge (which I don't), I'd obviously write a book and make some money off it, which I'd lose in defending myself in lawsuits filed against me by USCIS for leaking their precious knowledgebase. :)

marooned42,

Well same goes with me. Curiosity took over, was interested if you know someone in similar situation. Anyways, Thanks!!!

Good Luck!

hi guys,
following is the info on my case for you all to get some ideas on your case as our dates etc are very similar.
i got the card production email on 8/17 and 8/19 and got welcome notice email on 8/20.

Congrats Stillwaiting!!!

Thanks for sharing. It seemed your got approved on Friday. We have not seen any yet for today yet.

MV

hi guys,
following is the info on my case for you all to get some ideas on your case as our dates etc are very similar.
i got the card production email on 8/17 and 8/19 and got welcome notice email on 8/20.

Congrats Stillwaiting!!!

Thanks for sharing. It seemed your got approved on Friday. We have not seen any yet for today yet.

MV
mv1211- looking at your dates it seems your should be around the corner for approval. try to connect thru the IO thru 800 numbers and make sure your fp has been received and cleared. why i say this is because based on your pd and 485 rd dates you should already have a visa no. assigned and it should get approved as soon as fp2 get verified. in this forum i read with some people that the fp was not successfully transfered from asc to uscis and thus no approval.
you can even go to asc and make sure that upload is done successfully. just few ideas, i am no expert in this anyway! good luck man!

Stillwaiting...thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

I have tried all the possible things. I have been told that my FPs have been received and everything looks good on several occasions. I have stopped calling TSC as it was more of a time waste and nothing useful.

I have not received any response ever to tell me if something is wrong and thats what confuses me then why is the delay?

By the way, what was your last conversation with USCIS? Did you know you had Visa allocated. Were you hoping to get it soon?

MV

mv1211- looking at your dates it seems your should be around the corner for approval. try to connect thru the IO thru 800 numbers and make sure your fp has been received and cleared. why i say this is because based on your pd and 485 rd dates you should already have a visa no. assigned and it should get approved as soon as fp2 get verified. in this forum i read with some people that the fp was not successfully transfered from asc to uscis and thus no approval.
you can even go to asc and make sure that upload is done successfully. just few ideas, i am no expert in this anyway! good luck man!

alikhere,
My dates closely match to yours...did you have any LUD's after FP2 ?

EB3, India, VSC to TSC transferred 03/15/07
PD: 02/2002
I140: 07/2004 (Approved)
I485: RD/ND: 09/2004 AD: ???
EAD1: Don't remember
EAD2: Don't remember
EAD3: Don't remember

NC cleared
FP1: 04/05 (Code 3)
FP2: 07/31/07 (Code 1)
No LUD's after FP2

mv1211- i never spoke to IO, everytime i called it was that stupid customer support which reads you back the msg and tells u to wait 60 days.
i came to know about this forum last month and learn a lot from this forum about all the GC fiasco.
i never contacted a congressman or ombudsman etc.
its been so long for the approval that i just make sure every year to renew my ead and ap.
i did not expected it to approve so soon after my fp3 on 8/14/07.

oh...good for you....

i am one of the veterans here...recently (in last 2 mons) most of the names i recognized have got approvals and left the forum...and i am still here...

the worst feeling of all is that since june i knew if not now...then it will be a long haul again...it is going to be tough...

mv

hope is always there

hi stillwaiting(though not anymore)
My dates are very similar to yours.
My FP got update don 7/18 as per IO and also there were LUDs.
But since then no action.
USCIS is as mysterious as it gets..
Reply from congressman says - no visa till october.
When I contacted IO they said vissa is assigned and waiting for officer. THis was on 7/19.
I now wrote to the ombudsman today.
Lets see what he can do.
Anyway it looks like there are very few of us old timers on this forum..who are all on this thread.

Hoping soon..

Not yet.. but hoping somethin soon..

EB3 - INDIA (VSC)
PD - 10/08/2002 (Original)
I-140 - 06/18/2004 RD APPROVED: 02/03/2005
I-485 - 06/18/2004 RD
FP1 (CODE 3) - 10/15/2005
VSC - TSC transfered 03/02/2007
FP2 (CODE 1) - 05/05/2007
EAD - 5th Applied 07/17/2007 - Approved 08/13/07
AP - Applied 07/17/2007 - Approved 08/15/07
Name check cleared, 2FP received and good at TSC INS THRU CONGRESSMEN OFFICE
I-485 - Recent LUD's after 2FP - 05/07/07, 05/08/07, 05/10/07, 08/16/07 - No Approval yet ?? fingures crossed

mv1211 and namecheckhell, ur cases are so similar in the sense that both of you did not had any LUDS after fp. and it is anybodys guess but may be you both are just waiting on the fp being cleared at uscis or some slow officer. but based on reading so many cases scenario and anylsis of the dates it seems u both should get approved before oct 07. lets hope for the best and i somehow feel that you should visit ur local asc and confirm about fp.
good luck buddies. i will keep this forum posted about my few last steps of this long journey!!!