Any new AP approvals ?

tictoc

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

New user here. I have been seeing this forum for some time and I am really impressed by the amount of information that gets shared here.

Anyone with August AP approvals ?

AP RD:08/03

Thanks

Please post if anyone is even waiting with 08/03 or earlier AP receipt dates at TSC.

Thanks

SydneyRacquelle et al

I did have my own tracker for certain I-131 cases with RD of 05/27/2003, who were issued RFEs on 12/29/2003. While most of them, including myself, sent our RFE responses before 01/15/2004, a few of those guys had it sent by 01/26/2004. Until two days before, they were still pending, even though mine was approved on 2/2/2004. Now, I am seeing theirs approved on 2/11/2004. So, I am not sure, what causes this kind of hold-up at INS. Could be a logistical issue as well, because, even though mine was mentioned as 2/2/2004 approval date, the start-date of AP was 01/20/2004. So, I think 2/2/2004 was merely a PRINT DATE of the doc, with 01/20/2004 being the actual adjudication date. Certainly it adds more gravitas to the speculation of logistical snafu.

In any case, SydneyRacquelle must get his AP anytime now, because for RFEs issued on the same date, am seeing a gross inconsistency in approval dates.

Hi poongunranar:

Thanks for shedding some light on a very dark situation.

My AP RD/ND was July 18/03. My RFE was dated Jan 20 for I-140 copy. I sent it back on Jan 27 which was reflected in my on-line status.

All of a sudden, my RFE RD changed from Jan 27 to Feb 2/04 for no apparent reason. Some have mentioned that this might have meant approval date of Feb 2/04 with a mistake in posting, however, nothing has come in the mail to date.

Based on your experience, can you please tell me based on others' experience, when might I expect my AP to be approved???? Thank you so much for your assistance!!!

SydneyRacquelle

This is purely my surmise and so take it with a pinch of salt :)

In my analysis of all RFE related cases (AP/I-485, etc.), they do adjudicate it within 5 business days. However, I was aghast to note that this didn't happen in my case. Well, that is not entirely true. From the dates on the AP, it is clearly evident that they had approved it after 5 days, but the actual status on the system was not updated until the doc was printed in their fool-proof paper. This happened on 2/2.

So, in your case, I would presume that on 2/4, they may have approved yours and yet not printed the doc. When your AP gets printed, you should see a message saying, "this case was approved..." or the obfuscating "....the document based on...". So, you are almost at it buddy. Hang in on there. I will pray that nothing evil befall you on your contingent trip to Canada. You will be good and I fervently hope so.

Thanks, poongunranar!! I haven't slept well in a long time because of this.

What do you think the chnaces are that I could possibly go weeks/months without an AP approval???

Has anyone who received an RFE for I-140 copy (and I remember reading about many people in Dec and Jan) still not been approved??? I mean is there a possibilty that it could sit for a long long time with no approval???

Thanks again for your help!

SydneyRacquelle

Of course we have seen some AP cases that were on hold ad infinitum. Of course, those cases are exceptions as far as APs are concerned. And such filers have filed once again to get adjudicated. Do not focus on those things right now, because you will spoil your mood by focussing on the negative. One good thing is that around my RD, I am seeing almost all the 10 sample SRCs I had were adjudicated after receiving RFE responses. So, you should be optimistic about your case as well. Just hang in on there.

Thanks!! I would have refiled my AP but another 7 month wait is really not worth it.

Last question: Did people find out about their approval from the on-line status update, or was the status not updated and it happend to surprisingly come in the mail??

Thanks again for your help and encouragement!

Aug ...AP .... Still waiting !!!

Still waiting for Advance Parole to be approved .

AP
RD 8/14
ND 8/15

I485
RD 7/23
ND 8/9

Originally posted by SydneyRacquelle
Thanks!! I would have refiled my AP but another 7 month wait is really not worth it.

Last question: Did people find out about their approval from the on-line status update, or was the status not updated and it happend to surprisingly come in the mail??

Thanks again for your help and encouragement!

These days, AP are getting adjudicated faster, at least for concurrent filers within 55 days, as it was before.

I think almost all the AP approvals were notified on the web. There weren't any suprises reported, AFAIK. You are almost there, buddy.

Ours were approved recently without any RFEs (I wish they had approved our I485s instead!). We filed AP (I131) in mid-July of 2003.

I was waiting for a RFE because we didn't submit copies of our I140 approval with the initial AP application and reading the board I was noticing lot of RFEs related to that.

sg_rg2

I485 ND 09/01, FP 01/03

sg_rg2

can u post exact date when u got approved and when u applied for AP(131).

My wife applied with rd july 16 but no news yet. Mine with rd 16 july got approved on 2/2

we need AP desperately to visit india.

Re: SydneyRacquelle

That's how I got the nickname. I got my 140 and EAD approved within about 2 weeks. Even I think it is crazy.