Any ND 2000 left?

Update

Two weeks after my case being assigned to an examiner, the senator office told me that NSC asked them to call back 4 weeks later. So I decided to get my AP next week for my trip starting from 11/26. Thank god, it takes only two hours waiting time in denver to get my AP.

Hello all,

Finally we got approved.

PD: Mar 99
EB2 RIR / India
I-140 from CSC, I-485 sent to NSC
RD/ND : AUG/SEP 2000
First FP : Feb 01
RFE : May 02 (regarding Birth Certificate)
RFE reply recd on 30th May.
Second FP: 09/20/02
AD : 5th Nov 02

Had stopped calling IIO's since we realised they were of no help.
After the second FP(which btw came after our lawyers sent an enquiry through the AILA), there was again total silence and so decided to try the IIO . Fortunately and strangely a sensible lady answered the call. She looked into the case and before we could say much she herself admited that everything was in order and this case was more than 11 months late. She said she will fill up an yellow form to expedite the process. After such bad experience for more than two yrs we did not know whether to actually beleive her. But seems like she is one of the rare IIO's who understands her job. Well. it worked and the case was approved within 10 days.

Finally the ordeal is over.......but still don't understand why it took so long for us.

Also wanted to Thank Rajiv Khanna for maintaining such a wonderful site. It helps all the people who have to endure this painful GC process.
And GOOD LUCK to all those still waiting.

Second RFE Raised

First of all Contrats to DDr .... It seems INS has picked all our pending files....

Today my status changed to:
On November 13, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case......

I will update once I receive the RFE.

Regards,
aknsc0900

Update

Congratulations to Ddr!

Yesterday IIO told me that my case was put back to bookshelf and it is waiting for another examiner(don't know why) to pick up, so I applied my AP for my trip. After I come back in the middle of December, hopefully it's been approved.

Re: Update

Originally posted by Nayblahscar
Two weeks after my case being assigned to an examiner, the senator office told me that NSC asked them to call back 4 weeks later. So I decided to get my AP next week for my trip starting from 11/26. Thank god, it takes only two hours waiting time in denver to get my AP.

Did you file AP at both NSC and local or just at Denver? Thanks -c

pcsowhat

Only in Denver. It is much faster than NSC, that's why I dare to file it 10 days before my trip. I am going to pick it up on nov21. You know in this short period, nsc my not open your envelope. BTW, EAD is even faster, you get it immediately.

hi Rafiq:
Thank you for sharing your information with us.
Do you get any RFE lately?
It seems everyone got RFE now.
NSC received my RFE on Dec 17, 2002. Now with
the freeze, I don't know how long still need to wait.
I hope we all get ours soon.

Happy New Year

RFE

The last RFE I got was in February, 2002. I am not expecting one since all the documents that the INS requires are already on file with them. Just the same, I will watch my mail...

Rafiq

Rafiq

Happy new year!

I hate to tell you that they still can issue another RFE. My second RFE was about employment verification(response received on dec17, same as LongLoangWait). If I lost my job, how dare I contacted senator to push them? But it's NSC, how can we rationalize them, especially for us 2000 waiters? Good luck!

Re:RFE

Hi!
While I have known ppl to get as many as 3 RFE during their NSC pergatory, the one that I was given last demanded a great number of things from myself and my wife. I know they still could issue another one but nothing has changed with my file. You are right, they are the INS and there is no logic.

Rafiq

Hi guys,

I'm one of the 'effectee' of INS as well as my lawyer. Here is the summary of my ordeal:

RD 10/2000
ND 11/2000

First RFE received Dec 2001 (Employment varification)
Second RFE received Feb 2002 (Wife's birth certificate)
Third RFE received July 2002 (Attorney certified copy of my I-140 attributed to the mistake(or blunder may be) on my lawyer's part)
Second time Finger printing notice on 10/2002 which was done on 10/2002. INS actually recieved from FBI on 10/23/2002, this is the day they 'PHYSICALLY' match all the responses with my file according to my lawyer.

Now, there is no news ever since. I'm in touch with my congress man's office who proved to be more helpful than anybody else and will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.

2nd RFE, 2nd FP and 3rd EAD, Nov 2000 Case

:mad:

Guys:

I have ND and RD as of Nov 2000, and have gone through One RFE, 2nd FP and 2nd EAD. I am in process of getting my 3rd EAD and there comes 2nd RFE. I had given almost everything in the first RFE, employment Cerfificate and Paystubs and W2s. I still don't understand what the hell the INS wants? I still have not received 2nd RFE. Look how frustrated I am...!

You know after reading about older cases and multiple RFEs requested by the NSC (villiage idiots asking for the same evidence over & over) it appears only outside intervention (judicial, congressional) is the only way to put an end to the games these beuracratic animals play.

Surprised the criminal conduct of the INS (particularly the NSC) has not come to the attention of global bodies.

The INS is black eye on the US, and reinforces the belief a vast majority of American governmental agencies are staffed by blundering malvolent oafs.

Good Luck

My dear fellow waiters

Looks like NSC resumed its approving process. Do any of you have good news? Or we are collectively ignored once again like before?

Finally Approved!!!!

My case was approved today (Feb 3, 2002) !!

Here are my details:
RD: 08/00
ND: 09/00
RFE 1 (Birth Certificate + Employment) for me: 03/02
RFE replied: 04/02
RFE 2 (H1 copies + Employment): 11/02
RFE 2 replied: 11/02
FP 1st: 02/01
FP 2nd: 07/02

Finally Approved !!! Two approvals....

Hi All Friends (Nayblahscar, Rafiq et. al.)

Just wanted to share this great news with you guys. My case and my wife's case are finally approved. I checked the status on-line after one of my friend (locally in Columbus, OH) called me to inform that his case was approved just yesterday. I just want to thank fellow 485 waiters for their support. Hopefully, you will get the good news soon.

To Recap the torturous journey, here are the details for my case:

EB2-RIR-India

PD: 06/29/1999
RD: 07/11/2000
ND: 08/03/2000
LINS: LIN00225XXXX9 and LIN00225XXXX5.
1st FP: 02/09/2001 at Columbus, OH
RFE: 03/13/2002 for Employment Verification.
2nd FP: 11/04/2002 at Columbus, OH.
Both cases Approved: 02/03/2003. Waiting for the receipt in mail.

My Friend's case details are:

Receipt# - LIN-02-022-XXXXX
ND - Oct' 29 2001
FP - Sept' 2002
RFE - Dec' 16 2002
Both me & my wife got RFEs
My RFE (Birth certificate)
Since I submitted only affidavits from my mother & brother, they needed secondary evidence regarding my father.
Submitted school & college records showing his name & my birth date

My wife's RFE
My wife got RFE since she got her birth certificate only in 2001 (Registered). One more for medical since she was not able to take some vaccinations due to pregnancy. Submitted her parents affidavits & the medical documents

Replied to RFE - Jan' 20 2003
Approved as per Website & automated message - Feb 3 2003

If any questions, post replies to this post. I will try to respond.

Thanks,

-N.