Any ND: 01/02/2001 or 01/03/2001 or later Still waiting !!

wishful thinking

There are still plenty of november and december nd\'s still waiting without any RFE. Check abc\'s December tracker.

Yes Govinda!

My I-140 was also approved for CP so I know it is going to take some time as I came to know from my lawyer too. I don\'t know how many people in Nove, dec and January are waiting. Last week when I talked to IIO he said it may take 1 months to 6 months as the file is not complete. I know it is because of this I-140 being sent to consulate in India.
We should start a thread for all CP 140 approvals from ND of Oct 2000 dates to Jan 2001 dates.

I completely agree with you

Starting a separate thread, would definitely make more sense. Just for the benefit of 485 waiters(CP approved 140), my 140 was approved for CP and it is still sitting in Chennai consulate. INS has still not requested to send back.

ND-12/00

RD 10 Jan, ND 17 Jan, I -140 for CP , PD 10/99, Applied for AOS

I called NVC AVM, punched in my I-140 receipt number, which says packet 3 generated and sent on 25 Dec. 2000 to Attorney on record. So does my Lawyer has to send this packet 3 back to VSC?
BTW, can someone start new thread for this as discussed above?

sammybee!!

We can use this thread to address this issue . Regarding calling NVC I too called and got the automated message saying your packet 3 has been sent to the attorney on OCtobar some day. The problem here is once the attorney gets the packet and if he doesnot send the letter mentioning that he is going to opt for AOS instead for the individual to NVC then the NVC expects that the individual is interested for CP so sends the approval notice to I-140 to consulate in india. The lawyer blames INS and INS has its own rules how it functions. I believe we are unlucky guys and we don\'t have any other option to either call lawyer every two weeks and ask for status and push them to talkt INS to expedite the process. I would suggest everyone whose case has been stuck due to CP approval to talk to lawyer so that if this issue is raised by all lawyers then INS has to take some immediate action.

Jai Jagdeesh Hare

In our cases, our lawyer should be blamed if he does not informs NVC on time after getting packet 3, because he should be knowing that we are applying for AOS. If I would know this earlier, I would have followed with him. Now, it looks like unavoidable delay is there in our cases. Also looks like most of the CP guys from Oct. are still awaiting....

sammybee

I talked to IIO last week to know about my case for the first time and he mentioned that the case may take between one month to 6 months. The lawyer has screwed up the case. They are just interested in money nothing else.

I will post one more thread inviting all Oct , Nov , Dec and Jan cases with this to come forward and share there information.

You are right!

Many lawyers are just Money minded. Now, do you have any ways to know if I-140 papers are still in consulate or if requested by VSC etc.
Any email address or phone no. of consulate would do. Mine is Mumbai (bombay ) consulate. I have decided to wait till end of this week and then call my lawyer\'s office. In his office, I need to take prior appointment (at least a week) just for telephonic conversation with him and para-legal lady does not know a thing.

Hey Jagdeesh

ND 1/5/01, RD 12/27/00, EAC-01-073-xxxxx

my 140 was approved for CP. but when i called IIO in past they have told me that my file was complete. they never told me that it was incomplete. i check this 2-3 times in past. reading one of the messages above i guess that my attorney would have sent the letter to INS that I am going for AOS and not CP.

sammybee

I just called NVC and got my case number. My notice was sent to New Delhi in Oct 2000. I don\'t know if VSC has requested for the same from the consulate. If you want you can send e-mail to Mumbai consulate to find out if they have got any request from INS. The e-mail address for immigrant visa in Mumbai is MumbaiIV@state.gov.

Mention your case number which you can get from NVC (603-334-0700)
Hope it helps . I will contact Delhi to get some infor about my case.

Are you still waiting for your approval!

If everything is fine then you should get your approval. Did you speak to NVC to know if your I-140 is with NVC or it has been sent to India.
If the file is complete it should not take much time to get approval as lot of people with AOS are getting approved.

Jai Jagdeesh Hare

Thanks for your info. I will send email to Mumbai consulate. One question though, which I-140 case number you are talking about? It this on our I-140 approval notice? Or is it I-140 receipt no.? thanks in advance, I will keep you inform If I get any reply from Mumbai consulate.

Talked to lawyer

Hi folks,

I just talked to my lawyer. He told me that, even if the I-140 was approved for CP, if you apply for AOS in 3-4 months, they will not send the I-140 to consulate. Very few people will really have the issue of 140 sent to consulate.

still waiting. RD:12/22/2000, ND:01/03/2001

Joma - Don\'t agree to the statement made by your lawyer

NVC will forward all CP approved 140 cases to the respective consulate after 3 weeks. I don\'t agree to the 3-4 month time frame. Once the 140 is approved and NVC sends the Packet 3, NVC expects your attorney to respond within 3 weeks if the applicant wants to file I485(AOS)instead. If there is no response from the attorney (which I believe is what happened in our cases), NVC will forward the cases to the consulates. I think this is a mess-up by the attorneys which is causing the delay.

Good Luck

I agree with you, Govinda

NVC AVM clearly says that they will forward papers to respective consulate after 3 to 4 weeks. This is definitely mess up by attorneys.