Any more Dec or Jan cases still waiting ? Please post here!!!

Thanks, Jagdeesh

I will send email to Mumbai consulate... but it is frustrating to know that cases are getting delayed due to lack of knowledge of lawyer, for which we pay them!

Jagdeesh - I emailed Chennai consulate and they were super fast.

They replied in less than 2 hours. In fact I even called them and ascertained that my 140 was still lying there and that the INS had not requested it yet. (ND - 01/01)

Try calling them directly and check on the status.

Let me know, if you need more info.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

You are right!! I beilieve we pay them for there knowledge and not for just filling up forms.

I think I should start a new thread for just Gurnani & Gurnani to know how many people are still suffering because of lack of communication or knowledge of the lawyer.

JJH - Here you go

Contacting the Consular Office
ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING
Cases which are not yet finalized due to administrative processing will be handled as expeditiously as possible. Given the need for independent verification of certain documents or aspects of a given case, it is usually not possible for consular officers to provide a specific date for completion of processing. However, applicants will be contacted as soon as possible upon resolution of the administrative issues to finalize the case. Applicants are advised to await word from the Consular Section rather than calling for an update on the telephone

If, however, you choose to call, information on the status of a case already at the New Delhi Embassy may be obtained between the hours of 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Callers from the U.S. may call for information anytime during local work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

U.S. Embassy - New Delhi

Shantipath
Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021
Phone:(11) 419-8000
Fax:(11) 419-0017
Operating Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday

Call them.

Good Luck

Me too Jan 25

When I spoked to IIO 3 weeks back, she said my case is assigned to an officer. but till now no news...
ND : JAN 25, 2001

Jan 2001 guys...did you call the IIO

3 week back (October 17th) my case was assigned to an officer. I called the IIO on October 29th and found out that there was going to be an RFE. AVM still says "was received on blah blah". I still haven\'t received the RFE yet.
Jan2001: Have you talked to an IIO recently??

My RD 01-19-2001, ND 01-29-01, FP 05-01-2001

Regards,
Yak&Yeti

485 Approval need help!

Could you please post general format of the email which sent to consulate? I would like to send in the same format.
Thanks in advance.

Sammybee - Here you go - Good Luck

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to know the status of the case XXXXXX(Case # that NVC provides)?
If the case is still in the consulate, have the INS/NVC requested it to be sent back to US.

Thank you and appreciate your timely response.

No Title

I am still waiai......Ting.
EB2, India, FP 05/09/2001, ND 12/05/2000, RD 11/14/2000, PD 08/25/1999.

Waiaiting................

Jagdeesh!

Arlida called and informed me today that Ramesh Gurnani has spoken to IIO about cases. As per her, my case is assigned to officer and file is complete.I-140 papers are back from consulate and merged with file. I don\'t know how much I can believe on this...
Also let me know your private email ID. I will send you detail email.